Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Telnet btagent and Ronski's GUI  (Read 1729 times)

blinkinlight

• Just arrived
Telnet btagent and Ronski's GUI
« on: February 09, 2015, 10:41:38 AM »

Hi Completely N00B question.

Have unlocked my HG612 using the unlocked SP10 fw. And installed Ronski's logs and stats viewer. (great stuff guys btw both for the GUI for noobs like me and the fw rewrite) << this all seems to work fine.

My question relates to the btagent and how to neuter it - I notice that when I login to the Huawei interface there is a button that I can press that sais disable - but it seems to do nothing (even after a reboot of the modem). When I log back into this interface I still see a live connection to ptm1.301 << which I understand to be the btagent.

So I thought I'd do it manually via telnet but when I try to telnet to the device I get the user:admin but it won't let me enter any password at all.

? is this because the GUI Stats service is running and is effectively already logged on ?

If so which processes should i temporarily kill to stop the GUI from blocking telnet so I can try to kill btagent.

ofc I may be missing something entire stupid here but that's the way I read the situation so far.

Thanks in advance.

Dray

• Kitizen
Re: Telnet btagent and Ronski's GUI
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 11:07:55 AM »

Just stop the stats gatherer and see if you can telnet in

Then

Establish a telnet connection to the HG612, invoke the busybox shell >sh and issue a >killall -KILL start btagent

A power-cycle or reboot of the device will turn Beattie's busybody back on.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 11:12:24 AM by Dray »

carlmagic

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 01:20:45 PM »

You can actually delete the 301 connection if you wanted too.

blinkinlight

• Just arrived
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 10:46:57 AM »

Thanks - telnet was being a bitch so I just went in thru the modem GUI and deleted the 301 connection. Sorted  8)

anything