Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: HG612 Modem Stats Crashes at launch  (Read 6348 times)

carlmagic

HG612 Modem Stats Crashes at launch
« on: February 07, 2015, 06:02:26 PM »

Hey help would be appreciated, i have used it in the past fine however recently it has stopped working. I can create the Schedule for it to run but then nothing happens, when i manualy try and run HG612_Run or HG612_Stats they crash after running for a few seconds. The only thing that i can think of that has changed is G.IMP has become active on my modem. Could this be causing Modem Stats to not be able to work out what each field means now or something to that effect?

Screenshot of the crash

http://pastebin.com/iiUSp0mi
Log file

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Re: HG612 Modem Stats Crashes at launch
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 07:10:42 PM »

Did you inhibit the BTAgent on the HG612 ?, if not it may have updated your firmware  :o if it did you will have to re-flash it and make sure the BTAgent is turned off.

Also welcome to the forum. :)
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

carlmagic

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 07:21:41 PM »

Hey the firmware is still running the unlocked one and BTagent is disabled. DSL stats works fine however both used to work for me.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 07:56:42 PM »

b*cat attempts to "whistle up" an Analytical Eagle (Type Bald).
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 09:35:37 PM »

Hey help would be appreciated, i have used it in the past fine however recently it has stopped working. I can create the Schedule for it to run but then nothing happens, when i manualy try and run HG612_Run or HG612_Stats they crash after running for a few seconds. The only thing that i can think of that has changed is G.IMP has become active on my modem. Could this be causing Modem Stats to not be able to work out what each field means now or something to that effect?

Yes. That does indeed appear to be the issue.

Could you please zip & post a full Plink log that includes the new G.INP data for me to have a look at & see what I now need to adjust?

I saw your other thread where you posted the stats, but I'll need the raw Plink log data itself.

Are the snapshot graphs still created if you run HG612_current_stats.exe with  the Graph snapshot data when obtaining snapshot stats option enabled?

carlmagic

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2015, 10:16:50 PM »

Also welcome to the forum. :)

Sorry i only just noticed you also said welcome! Thanks :) !

@Bald_Eagle1

Hi sure, is there a link you could give me on how to do a proper Plink log? Or explain it quickly :) and ill send it you :)  (Or is this actually included in the graph folder i attached as a file in that is called Plink Log?)

If i run current stats it does seem to produce graph's yes.

https://mega.co.nz/#!LR0lmYSa!Xoh1Fa6Y-ZyZ0FYX6-gHDSvTuUKinug8BH9qKAU6rhY

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 10:47:19 PM »

@Bald_Eagle1

Hi sure, is there a link you could give me on how to do a proper Plink log? Or explain it quickly :) and ill send it you :)  (Or is this actually included in the graph folder i attached as a file in that is called Plink Log?)

If i run current stats it does seem to produce graph's yes.

The relevant file in the folder that I downloaded via your link is Plink_20150207-2211.log

Now I that have that, I should be able to work out what to amend for the Ongoing stats program to accommodate connections where G.INP is active.

Quite a lot of new data is present in your Plink log, so it might take me a little while to update my HG612_stats.exe program.

HG612_stats.exe uses some of the same data that is also recorded in the Plink logs.
The current version of HG612_stats.exe doesn't look for that data hence why it currently isn't working.
Your stats are the first I have seen from a HG612 using G.INP so we'll be able to hopefully start to understand what it does.

At least you are able to still graph snapshot stats in the meantime.
I have attached a set for reference for other users.

EDIT:

G.INP is NOT active on my connection (yet), so I am unable to fully test any amendments that I need to make to my program(s).
If you are willing to assist with testing any updated programs & providing occasional event/error debugging logs until everything is working again, send me a PM with your email address & I'll send debugging/test versions of the program(s) directly to you.

I have quite a lot of unrelated things on at the moment, so it may be a couple of days before I can get stuck in to sussing things out in detail.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 10:56:31 PM by Bald_Eagle1 »

carlmagic

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 10:53:39 PM »

Cool :) Im a fan of your program so im glad to hear you will update it  :) If you need any more logs or graphs in the future feel free to ask.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2015, 10:58:49 PM »

Cool :) Im a fan of your program so im glad to hear you will update it  :) If you need any more logs or graphs in the future feel free to ask.

You posted just before I could post my edit to my previous message.

Thanks v much for offering to assist. It will be most helpful indeed.

carlmagic

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2015, 11:11:07 PM »

You posted just before I could post my edit to my previous message.

Thanks v much for offering to assist. It will be most helpful indeed.

No worries ive send you a PM with my email :)

carlmagic

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2015, 06:50:02 PM »

So to those interested Bald Eagle has been making quite a lot of progress on updating the HG612 modem stat's program for use with G.INP.

Today he notified me that the graph's function is now working (although still in BETA!) and supplied me with the graphs from the logs i had sent him and also the updated .exe for making the graph's myself.

Here are the graphs that where created using modemstats with G.INP running for those that are interested :)

Please note that the boarders of the graphs follow a colour code as follows:

GREEN  = always present
YELLOW = Bearer 1 data & G.INP specific data
GREY   = Bearer 0 data

https://mega.co.nz/#!KYd1TKTA!N3-bPRBDpgLUDxMS4yuks6fQzV2tSmVeryQnFGylAvI

dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ofn4l77sy5rybwj/Ongoing_Stats_20150215-1844-1Day.zip?dl=0

Bald Eagle informed me that he is hoping the full release of the updated modem stats program will be coming soon.

Id like to thank him for the amount of work and effort he has put into it :)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 07:15:07 PM by carlmagic »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2015, 07:03:28 PM »

Hello carlmagic you seem to be very well informed into the g.inp maybe you could share your findings with us ?

Ongoing_Stats_20150215-1844-1Day.zip is not downloading  :no:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 07:10:23 PM by NewtronStar »

carlmagic

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2015, 07:17:34 PM »

Hey newtron unfortunately i know nothing still. Bald eagle knows more than me, but it seems their are so many new fields and values its hard to work out which ones are actually important and which are not.

One thing im quite certain about is that the interleaving value is different. I say this because i was always on fastpath interleaving 1 before G.INP however now after it i am on 16 however my pings have not changed. I still get 15ms pings to london (i live in north wales) and that is the same as before. I would have expected if interleaving had kicked in even at small values that it would have increased it slightly?

Other than that i have no idea :)

I have added a dropbox link hopefully that one will work :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ofn4l77sy5rybwj/Ongoing_Stats_20150215-1844-1Day.zip?dl=0

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2015, 07:26:35 PM »

this one is interesting

and someone has changed the code so i'll add it as an image

Code: [Select]
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This information shows the latest ONGOING stats obtained at 18:44 on 15/02/2015
 ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

actual_t_of_day                        = 1424025846 i.e. Sun Feb 15 18:44:06 2015

AS                                     =     191997

time of resync (actual_t_of_day - AS)  = 1423833849 i.e. Fri Feb 13 13:24:09 2015

Connection up time:  2 days  5 hours  19 minutes  & 57 seconds         Last Resync recorded at 14/02/2015 15:04

Firmware version: A2pv6C038m.d24j                                      Retrain Reason: 0

Downstream      Upstream                                        Downstream      Upstream

Sync (kbps)    79999         20000                           Interleaving         16             8
 Attainable rate (kbps)   102500         38387                                    INP      48.00         47.00
       Attenuation (dB)     12.4           0.0
        SNR Margin (dB)     12.1          18.0
           Power (dBmV)     13.5           2.3                            SES (total)          0             0
RSUnCorr errors (delta)        0             0                RSUnCorr errors (total)          0             0
Errored seconds (delta)        0             0                Errored seconds (total)          0             0
       Bitswaps (delta)       46             0                       Bitswaps (total)     146367           156
     CRC errors (delta)        0             0                     CRC errors (total)          0             0
     HEC errors (delta)        0             0                     HEC errors (total)          0             0
     FEC errors (delta)        0             0                     FEC errors (total)       3294           707
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 08:00:40 PM by NewtronStar »

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2015, 08:33:16 PM »

Just to save having to download carlmagic's G.DMT graphs from anywhere else, I have attached them to this message.

As can be seen, some of the stats have now moved from the usual Bearer 0: data to the new Bearer 1: data.

There are a few more new stats, not yet included in any of the graphs that may be sufficiently important to include.

e.g. LEFTRS, minEFTR, errFreeBits & a few others.

EDIT:

Some of the colours do seem a bit bright, so I might tone them down a bit for the final release version.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 08:38:25 PM by Bald_Eagle1 »
Pages: [1] 2