Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Google Chrome problem  (Read 7851 times)

fobofobia

• Just arrived
Google Chrome problem
« on: January 24, 2015, 05:58:29 PM »

Hi to the forum.

I run Windows 7 professional on a Toshiba Tecra R840 64bit and I've lately had a problem with Google Chrome.  When I start a search for anything I enter the subject in the search bar and press enter - the usual vertical list of relevant websites appears - but before they can be read the browser jumps the content to the bottom of the page and presents one with the short vertical list that appears at the bottom.

This gives a type of resume of what is on the page proper - one cannot return to the top [page up]

Clicking any of these vertical lists does not help as it simply brings up another vertical list!! - very frustrating.

I've tried uninstall/reinstall of Chrome but still get the same result - have now gone to Chromium pro tem which I don't much like.

Any ideas anyone - many thanks in advance for input

fobofobia

fobofobia

• Just arrived
Re: Google Chrome problem
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 06:07:05 PM »

Hi to the forum - noticed lots of views to my problem but no answers - not surprised as no one seems to know what's going on.

Anyway I installed it again - and it is now working ok- no idea what was wrong - probably my fault - it's my birthday today - born 1938 making me 77 - so tha't my plea in mitigation

Cheers

fobfobia

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 06:44:36 PM »

Hi to the forum - noticed lots of views to my problem but no answers - not surprised as no one seems to know what's going on.

Anyway I installed it again - and it is now working ok- no idea what was wrong - probably my fault - it's my birthday today - born 1938 making me 77 - so tha't my plea in mitigation

Cheers

fobfobia!
Get some time in! :) from 1936 vintage

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 06:58:06 PM »

. . . it's my birthday today - born 1938 making me 77 . . .

Congratulations.  :congrats:

Please accept my cat-call as an apology, on behalf of us all, for not welcoming you a few days ago following your initial posting to the forum.  :-[
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.