Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Download speed driving me insane, talktalk useless, after some help please  (Read 22843 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Download speed driving me insane, talktalk useless, after some help please
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2015, 10:27:04 AM »

Does anyone know if a patch cable will work from my modem to router??

Yes, certainly. Crossover cables are hardly ever needed for anything these days.
  Eric

Tekno

« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2015, 10:36:36 AM »

Does anyone know if a patch cable will work from my modem to router??

Yes, certainly. Crossover cables are hardly ever needed for anything these days.

Thought so as it was so difficult getting crossover cables.

Thank you :)

Tekno

« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2015, 03:37:35 PM »

Ok just an update, got a call from CEO manager, she said she read through everything, she said she will pass onto the CEO network team as she no technical knowledge of anything, i explained everything seems fine as of now and explained regarding congestion and IP addresses, so she going to close case but if any further problems just to make contact with them. She sounded very dumb to be fair so didn't even bother asking about a discount  :lol:

Not noticed any drops in download speed still so things seem all good :)

Cheers
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 04:34:38 PM by Tekno »

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2015, 05:40:07 PM »

Ok just an update, got a call from CEO manager, she said she read through everything, she said she will pass onto the CEO network team as she no technical knowledge of anything, i explained everything seems fine as of now and explained regarding congestion and IP addresses, so she going to close case but if any further problems just to make contact with them. She sounded very dumb to be fair so didn't even bother asking about a discount  :lol:

Not noticed any drops in download speed still so things seem all good :)

Cheers

We're one of these your exchange : http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/slow-speeds-some-fibre-customers

I'm on one the exchanges?
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

Tekno

« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2015, 06:00:02 PM »

We're one of these your exchange : http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/slow-speeds-some-fibre-customers

I'm on one the exchanges?

Unfortunately mine isn't on that list, mine seems ok for now. I did replace my BT MK2 for a BT MK3. max download/upload slight increase, slight increase in SNR. Not sure if i am getting more errors though. Not been able to keep software running 24/7 so bit flaky in terms of keeping software running as i need to switch to osx allot, i've done another test for 24 hours with MK3 installed.

Anyone who has knowledge, could you read my stats on mydslwebstats and tell me if things look worse or better? to my knowledge in terms of SNR and max download/upload they seem slightly better but errors i'm not sure if they worse or better. I installed the BT MK3 on 27/01, but was only yesterday could properly see results from as i had to use a cheapo BT modem cable as my cat5e was not long enough so had to get a new one, and by just justing the cheap tatty modem cable it cause my SNR and max down/up to drop a bit until my new cable arrived.

I know the software really needs to be run for a good while to do proper comparisons from before and after but just by going off 24 hours with MK3 installed with a good quality RJ45 to RJ11 CAT5e hoping someone can tell me if better or worse possibly just to ensure it's not worse.

Thank you :)

« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 06:02:29 PM by Tekno »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]