Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: Peak time throughput issues Plusnet's or a BTWholesale fault  (Read 72238 times)

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Peak time throughput issues Plusnet's or a BTWholesale fault
« Reply #210 on: April 09, 2015, 02:46:31 PM »

I might post to ask why there is no forum rule against shills!
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #211 on: April 09, 2015, 04:04:46 PM »

I might post to ask why there is no forum rule against shills!
  :lol: it would be interesting to see what replies you get,  ;D

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #212 on: April 09, 2015, 04:05:22 PM »

You want to join the 'Ban' Queue ?
:)

Send from LG G3 via Tapatalk (Typos & bad formatting are free)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #213 on: April 09, 2015, 04:31:23 PM »

I have officially been warned to get of andyh's back on the plusnet forum.

Make of that what you will.

Because you kick the ar5e out of a question, very rarely accept the answers given ..... and have your own idea of what is really happening and won't be budged on it ??? Just a quick guess.  :-\

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #214 on: April 09, 2015, 05:43:08 PM »

have I not been accepting your answers then black sheep? I thought I was.

for reference BS, this guy has been annoying our friend kitz as well and he has said information you gave us was wrong, I defended your information, as I dont think you know who he is.

boost

• Reg Member
« Reply #215 on: April 09, 2015, 05:53:23 PM »

It's a very frustrating position to be in and sometimes it feels like there is almost zero accountability for anything but having a pop at whoever, even if he is sitting on a throne in Sheffield with a PN flag flying behind him, is probably not going to help anyone.

It does seem like PN could handle this entire thing better too. A blanket statement on blah is x and y and if you are z you have some other issue. The reality is, they have to literally battle with Openreach to get anything done.

I can't even begin to tell you how frustrating it is to read the words CLEARED AND CLOSED. To log the same issue four times and get nowhere. No co-op, no words of wisdom from the attending, boom, just closed. There are literally, cowboys, riding around in white vans, nicking pairs that currently supply ADSL2+ services or whatever and 're-provision' them for whatever job they're working on.

Then they close that job off and it's done.

You're left with a customer with no synch, a nice DIS IN NET or DIS IN EXCHANGE fault which you task out, gets cleared, so you can not raise another fault and even if you do, whoever nicked the pair has now effectively registered it to another address, so your new fault tickets are going to the wrong place. None of this is visible on Openreach's fault bookerer outerer platform. ORDIROBOT? Pah.

I think they've actually done a fantastic job on the FTTC stuff but MPF is just hilarious. Openreach, seriously, no one cares how well you are doing elsewhere when products like this make a mockery of you. It needs a serious look at.

God damn I've just had a rant!!!  :lol: My bad!  :o  :D

Anyway, I think there was a point to my rant. Yes. Behind the scenes, people are probably fighting your corner. You may be getting the clipped, staid replies on your tickets but that is not necessarily a sign of complacency.

Anyway, I'm sorry your service is poor. I know what I'm like when my ping increases. I feel I should always get the ping the service could deliver for the known conditions.
I hope this hasn't come across as a judgey/preachy post. I just wanted to highlight that the sense of futility is not unique to the EU :)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #216 on: April 09, 2015, 06:25:42 PM »

have I not been accepting your answers then black sheep? I thought I was.

for reference BS, this guy has been annoying our friend kitz as well and he has said information you gave us was wrong, I defended your information, as I dont think you know who he is.

Ok, fair do's Chrysallis. I suppose you have been accepting of late, my bad. I don't frequent any other forum other than this, (I tried TBB but wasn't impressed) so you're right, I don't know Andy or what he's saying ?

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #217 on: April 09, 2015, 06:44:48 PM »

thanks, I realise I wasnt friendly with you early on but I fully respect you now.

he didnt say a lot to kitz directly, but more so she has been annoyed with plusnet like myself and he has been playing down her problems.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #218 on: April 09, 2015, 06:53:28 PM »

That's very kind and noble of you to say, Chrysalis. Thank you.  :-[ ;D

Moving on, there's one thing we all know about Kitz and that is ……. underestimate her knowledge and resolve, at one's peril !! No one individual knows everything about this in-depth science called DSL ….. but she comes a very close second !!

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #219 on: April 09, 2015, 07:10:49 PM »

he is someone who says he is a plusnet customer and owns an isp (hence apparently having access to openreach confidential information), he is able to do repeated speedtests even tho he says he is out of the country, his username is andyh.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #220 on: April 09, 2015, 07:40:06 PM »

Hmmm ?? I'm no detective and wouldn't know how much of what he says holds water ??

But (as you are aware), OR engineers also have access to a plethora of commercially confidential information surrounding all aspects of trials and roll-outs of G.Technologies for both DSLAM vendors. Take for example the ECI Vectoring debate .... there's a lot going on and I very, very nearly came a cropper yesterday by posting up (or trying to post up ) a picture of an ECI DSLAM with in-situ VEC (Vectoring Engine Card) with a fully labelled lay-out of the design. Also, there was an associated write-up depicting what equipment was in use and how it all fits together.

I was half-way in when I noticed the, 'Commercially sensitive information - Not to be shown outside BT' logo at the bottom of each page. This warning is always at the top of the Word doc / Powerpoint presentation, but not this time and was in the main obscured due to my ageing eyes having to enlarge the page size. I would never knowingly flout my employers rules and regs, and my heart skipped a beat when I realised what I'd nearly done.  :'(

The point I'm labouring to make is, Andyh may well have access to the same info as us, and be at liberty to present it on a public forum ?? But, I would doubt that, when you actually see the levels of information provided ??
You've asked me before, and I've answered before ...... I have no idea why some of the stuff is kept more secret than MI6's files, but I have to uphold the wishes of my company and if that means busting at the seams to keep shmuck, then so be it.  :). It isn't worth my job.

What I do do though, is once the info is deemed fit for public consumption, I will post it here as soon as I possibly can. Whether it's still deemed relative at that stage is for the readership to decide ?? So why Andyh is saying the info I give here is wrong I have no idea ?? Strange.  ??? :)   

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #221 on: April 09, 2015, 09:29:10 PM »

he is someone who says he is a plusnet customer and owns an isp (hence apparently having access to openreach confidential information), he is able to do repeated speedtests even tho he says he is out of the country, his username is andyh.
Has his geo location been validated , ie not simply using a proxy, VPN or tor ect to appear outside the uk ?

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #222 on: April 09, 2015, 10:09:30 PM »

Take for example the ECI Vectoring debate .... there's a lot going on and I very, very nearly came a cropper yesterday by posting up (or trying to post up ) a picture of an ECI DSLAM with in-situ VEC (Vectoring Engine Card) with a fully labelled lay-out of the design. Also, there was an associated write-up depicting what equipment was in use and how it all fits together.

Google works fine to get that kinda information.

Just FYI if Openreach haven't published it you probably are running the risk of coming a cropper. Unless you've been told you can release it you shouldn't be. When information is released to Openreach customers it's done under NDA. You are employed under an NDA. If Openreach want people to know about things they'll put them on their website.

Be careful, Sir.

While I'm thinking about it you claimed that vectoring is coming 'as we speak' to all DSLAMs. Did you actually read that or just find some information on the intranet regarding trials?

The decision as to how widely vectoring is going to be done hasn't been made yet. That's why the 100 DSLAM trial. Then after that assessing the economics of the ECI trials.

To deploy vectoring via Huawei is a VPE card, and in the case of multi-DSLAM nodes an optical cross-connect. To deploy via ECI is a chassis swap and VEC install. Given the company is going to be, very slowly as the hardware will barely be out of beta, deploying G.fast as of financial year 2016-17 not exactly a massive incentive to deploy vectoring to 61,000 cabinets, about 1/3rd of which need chassis swaps. Eircom's deployment was a fraction of this and all Huawei.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 10:23:35 PM by Ignitionnet »

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #223 on: April 09, 2015, 10:16:53 PM »

Andyh has never claimed to own an ISP, quite the opposite actually.

Try and keep the bitchiness factual.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #224 on: April 10, 2015, 12:57:34 AM »

:(

Just come home to see this :/  If people want to have a moan about their ISP then I can understand it, because I myself have seen the issues on numerous times.   The lack of input from Plusnet has been frustrating for a lot of people.  I've kept out of it a lot of the time because Im usually not around in the evenings, and may not get home until late...  but when I am Ive seen signs of congestion and have always attempted to report it via their forums.

If I'd have seen mention that he had an ISP then I would have corrected it myself - you can see here and here that Ive attempted to be fair and I will correct things that I know are wrong.    But unfortunately it is a fact that his manner does wind people up the wrong way and not just the odd one or two, its quite a lot of people.  Sometimes people are wanting answers from Plusnet not excuses given by Andy for Plusnet... and they wonder who he is and how he gets his info..  thats only natural.
Its also natural if he has peed someone off then they will go and moan about it elsewhere.

We're generally a friendly lot here, we dont go in for the one upmanship you see on some other technical type forums and I know a lot of people visit and stay here because we dont either do the "I know more than you do", we just try and share what info we do have. If anyone does get anything wrong then Im always happy for it to be corrected... we all get things wrong and none of us are perfect.

>> I'm thinking about it you claimed that vectoring is coming 'as we speak' to all DSLAMs.

I must have missed that   :hmm: I do recall this one though from about 2 wks ago

I can confirm vectoring trials on ECI are happening, and I've even seen a photo (boring as it is) of the ECI vectoring engine shelf. For commercially sensitive purposes, I cannot post anything more. But, it's another step in the right direction for the ECI customers IMHO.
BTW, I've no idea of projected timescales regarding final trials to implementation ..... sorry.

...edit just done a search on vectoring and cant see anything  :-\   Found another one from Dec but again only mentions trials

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16