Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Peak time throughput issues Plusnet's or a BTWholesale fault  (Read 72234 times)

tonyappuk

• Reg Member
Re: Peak time throughput issues Plusnet's or a BTWholesale fault
« Reply #195 on: March 27, 2015, 12:49:34 AM »

Just to add my threeha'pence, after a needed reboot of my router after it lost sync (my exchange has been upgraded but still much work going on causing, I'm sure, occasional needs to reboot) I was down to about 1 Meg d/l speed. This was on pct-ag06. After a reconnect and onto ptw-bng01 I'm now back to my usual 10 Megs or thereabouts. My local cab has not been upgraded yet.
Tony

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #196 on: March 27, 2015, 03:10:47 PM »

I'll look to see if gateway makes a difference.

Incidently, http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/ still says Exploring solutions but the cab is installed, the fibre is in, power is connected and today they are making the connections between the old cab (just refitted with a larger shell) and the FTTC cab so hopefully very shortly I won't be on IPSC!
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #197 on: March 27, 2015, 08:46:14 PM »

Well after a few  days of more or less full throughput at peak times  here we are again same old  same old

and the jitter /latency is already building tonight  BTW it ain't down to the football as that started some time ago, and such events shouldn't impact the service provided, or it wouldn't if there was spare bandwidth available

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #198 on: April 02, 2015, 10:49:58 PM »

Chris from plusnet posted on tbb today that it is a deliberate policy to now withold the capacity upgrade information from customers, he will only say there has been upgrades but not how much, he also has yet to state why this new policy exists.

The only practical reason I can see for this policy is to hide a cut back, because given their current PR damage they can kill things dead by announcing the upgrade amount (if its at least as big as before).

So I guess the next best thing is for someone to check the plusnet customer count on the gateway graph from the date the last upgrade was announced, and then do a calculation of what bandwidth would have been added under their old policy and ask plusnet if they have added more or less then that amount.

Meanwhile andyh is still telling people their issues are local to them.

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #199 on: April 03, 2015, 12:06:30 AM »

I bet we end up quoting Chris' reply to me in http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,135389.msg1216111.html#msg1216111 a few times!

@jelv absolutely any problem with your broadband connection is our responsibility to investigate and try and fix, it doesn’t matter to you whether the cause of that issue isn’t within our direct control and needs a third party (be that BTW, Openreach, LINX etc.) to be engaged to fix it, it’s up to us to arrange that and get it fixed.
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #200 on: April 04, 2015, 11:44:07 PM »

@ericgripp
The fire in London impacted our resiliency rather than overall capacity.

Whats that all about... did I miss something.   I had a quick skim, but couldnt see anything.  Is this what they are blaming last Sunday night on?
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #201 on: April 06, 2015, 10:26:49 PM »

Well yet again congestion , high latency and low throughput, some quite a few of the the gateways/endpoints that i hopped to where showing a hideous high amounts of base latency of 65+ ms at the 1st hop, whilst others where around 25+ms when they are at all other times between 11 and 13ms plusnet are a joke, regardless of where this problem lies if within their networking or BTW's  why because they have done diddly squat about it so far , they have been relying on other isp's to chase their brethren (BT) or if within their side of things they either don't know their ass for their elbow or again their brethren are withholding opening the purse which i don't know, and am past caring anymore

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #202 on: April 06, 2015, 10:42:24 PM »

@ericgripp
The fire in London impacted our resiliency rather than overall capacity.

Whats that all about... did I miss something.   I had a quick skim, but couldnt see anything.  Is this what they are blaming last Sunday night on?
  I think thisis the fire meant.
Idon't think it could be the C17th one. :-\ ;D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #203 on: April 06, 2015, 10:52:10 PM »

Ahhh cheers, dont think it can be related to that then, as the problems started before that.     Speeds were rubbish tonight 30Mbps...  but Im taking the time to catch up on some site stuff that needed doing.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #204 on: April 07, 2015, 12:19:59 AM »

Well yet again congestion , high latency and low throughput, some quite a few of the the gateways/endpoints that i hopped to where showing a hideous high amounts of base latency of 65+ ms at the 1st hop, whilst others where around 25+ms when they are at all other times between 11 and 13ms plusnet are a joke, regardless of where this problem lies if within their networking or BTW's  why because they have done diddly squat about it so far , they have been relying on other isp's to chase their brethren (BT) or if within their side of things they either don't know their ass for their elbow or again their brethren are withholding opening the purse which i don't know, and am past caring anymore

still waiting for you to migrate out then we will know quickly if its BTw or plusnet.

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #205 on: April 07, 2015, 12:22:17 AM »

Outside of my other 'Problems'  ;D

I had a situation where the PPP Session ground to a halt.

No data was coming down the line at all when attempting to navigate to pages in Firefox.
The DNS was resolving or had already resolved as the pages were already displayed but I was trying to move forward/back and getting nothing just a spinning cursor.

All the PC's etc in the house had the same issue.

In the end I disconnected the PPP session and re-connected at a new address, everything came back instantly.  ???

DNS is OpenDNS on all machines and it has never had a problem in years. (Ususal 208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220)

This was about 8-9 pm a few days ago. (Sorry was distracted and did not record info)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #206 on: April 09, 2015, 01:55:20 PM »

I have officially been warned to get of andyh's back on the plusnet forum.

Make of that what you will.

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #207 on: April 09, 2015, 02:06:05 PM »

I am not able to comment at this time, but understand so so well :)

Send from LG G3 via Tapatalk (Typos & bad formatting are free)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #208 on: April 09, 2015, 02:14:01 PM »

I asked oldjim (who sent me the pm) to show the posts I am apparently trolling.

lets see what happens, but since I wont change what I am doing on there I guess I will soon get banned.

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #209 on: April 09, 2015, 02:26:44 PM »

You may not be the last
Time will tell ........ :)

Send from LG G3 via Tapatalk (Typos & bad formatting are free)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

anything