Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: BT nationwide rolling out G.INP/PhyR and changes to DLM.  (Read 86401 times)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: BT nationwide rolling out G.INP/PhyR and changes to DLM.
« Reply #135 on: March 04, 2015, 04:42:31 PM »

Unfortunately nothing in the information you have posted indicates that G.INP is active on your circuit.  :no:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #136 on: March 04, 2015, 08:26:48 PM »

Unfortunately nothing in the information you have posted indicates that G.INP is active on your circuit.  :no:

But it does indicate it is still using an old firmware version.

"Path:   0, Upstream rate = 7040 Kbps, Downstream rate = 38464 Kbps"

I wonder if it firstly needs to be updated to the current version in order to make the most of & to report whether G.INP technology has been enabled or not.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #137 on: March 04, 2015, 08:39:05 PM »

But it does indicate it is still using an old firmware version.

"Path:   0, Upstream rate = 7040 Kbps, Downstream rate = 38464 Kbps"

I wonder if it firstly needs to be updated to the current version in order to make the most of & to report whether G.INP technology has been enabled or not.

Good idea. I didn't take any notice of the firmware version.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Mark07

• Reg Member
« Reply #138 on: March 06, 2015, 02:49:45 PM »

I didn't even know there was an update! I'll look into getting up updated tonight.

I thought the INP 5 indicated it was active  ???

lockeh

« Reply #139 on: March 29, 2015, 02:42:01 PM »

BT have enabled G.INP on my line on a 288 huawei cab. My line is 20 meters from the cab on a new estate and BT have manged to screw up a 3 year old perfect max sync fastpath line.

Since the Update my ECI modem will not connect properly and when it does its running really SLOW with a 30ms ping increase! up from 9ms to 40+ to BBC.

How can BT screw mine line up sooo much?

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #140 on: March 29, 2015, 08:56:56 PM »

Anecdotal evidence suggests the extra latency could come when the modem can't support G.INP; however, this has applied more to Huawei modems - where it is solved by flashing with new firmware (the B030SP08 seems to be OK).

Reports from inside BT suggests that ECI modems with firmware that isn't compatible with G.INP won't even sync, but perhaps they've discovered a workaround to get the sync but perform badly ... after which, an automatic firmware upgrade can happen.

Your other posts suggest you have an HG612 modem too. Can you make sure it has the right firmware, and put it back on?

redknight

« Reply #141 on: March 30, 2015, 04:34:30 PM »

I think i had a update to my street cabinet yesterday around 1pm, only found out when i was doing some speed test later on last night and i lost 10mbps from 73mbps and latancy jumped up abit, i'm on plusnet no matter what i do i can't get back my original speed its now stuck at 63mbps.
I tried rebooting my asus RT-N66U and tried to drop session a number of times, nothing helps.
The modem i use is a ECI telecom, BT engineer brought when i first had FTTC installed.

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #142 on: March 30, 2015, 07:17:45 PM »

Rebooting your router or dropping session will not change your sync speed.

DO NOT REBOOT YOUR MODEM unless you have to as DLM will see the reboots as possible issues on the line.
DLM will then make changes to your line to correct the 'fault' it sees. (Usually lower sync speed and/or interleaving is applied)

Are you able to get proper stats from your modem using DSLStats or HG612 stats etc
(See: Router Monitoring Software under Broadband Related in this forum) ?

redknight

« Reply #143 on: March 31, 2015, 10:19:46 AM »

No not able to get into the modem stats, its locked down.
Yes i know about not touching the modem, going to wait at least 2 weeks before i do anything with my modem.
I guess i could buy one of those all in one modem/routers like a Billion BiPAC 8800AXL (or the cheaper model 8800NL) or Asus DSL-AC68U, all i want is my speed back to what its been like for the last 2 to 3 years now, rock solid stable speed.
Don't know what to do, the staff on plusnet said my line as no DLM on it, so why as it drop 10mbps since sunday.

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #144 on: March 31, 2015, 11:26:18 AM »

I have a 10 Mb/s up/down change in sync and attainable on my line if a nearby property powers down/up.  10Mb/s could just be cross talk.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #145 on: March 31, 2015, 12:14:14 PM »

There does appear to be an emerging amount of users with ECI modems who are seeing a fairly substantial decrease in speed after their line has been enabled for g.inp.     The problem is that because there are very few people who are able to provide stats from an eci modem, without these we are the dark as to what is going on for the line.

the staff on plusnet said my line as no DLM on it, so why as it drop 10mbps since sunday.

It may be interesting to see if you can get your profile from Plusnet.   g.inp enabled lines should show up as something like

'0.128M-80M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Retransmission Low

Another indication may be increased latency, but not showing up on the DLM profile.  More info from AAISP
https://aastatus.net/search.cgi?search=retx
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 01:00:29 PM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #146 on: March 31, 2015, 12:16:54 PM »

The speed banding on the profiles changed around the time when BT lost the court case regarding DLM (patents?) with ASSIA. I thought I recall reading that a line with G.INP actually showed something along the lines of 'retransmission low' or 'retransmission high' when G.INP is enabled on the line?

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #147 on: March 31, 2015, 12:34:18 PM »

Ixel has it .......   :)

A 'paste' of a profile of a circuit I was working on yesterday .......... '0.128M-80M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Retransmission Low

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #148 on: March 31, 2015, 12:58:19 PM »

Oops, sorry my bad, I was misinterpreting something on the PN forums then.    Im a wee bit in the dark being on an ECI cab, so I'll edit my post.  :-[

However, there certainly does appear to be some issues starting to emerge for some people using ECI modems after g.inp has been enabled.  Those using BCM devices seem to have seen benefits such as reduced latency, higher speeds, higher SNR etc.    Those with the ECI modems are complaining of high latency and reduced speeds.  AAISP has also picked up on this and reported it to BT.

Another comment in the same thread, has made me wonder if it could be something to do with this reported by BS and why BT are swapping out the VCMMs.   
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #149 on: March 31, 2015, 01:34:43 PM »

I have been querying about this, suspecting new profiles, as I have been pushed down to a profile that is slower than I had for past 6+ months:

0.128M-67M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Retransmission Low

I was usually on 79897/19999 now on 66999/20000 for past 3 weeks with no change up or down.

G.INP change happened at the same time as a HR fix by OR Engineer, promised DLM reset but not convinced it happened.
OR Engineer said that the line outside my house at the JF4 (Jointbox at bottom of drive) was testing at 79xxx yet could only get 70M and has not changed to date.

Not just ECI as I am on Huawei DSLAM with Zyxel 8324 modem. (OR fix was using a HG612, swapped back to Zyxel after.)
Wondering if OR are detecting 'non-supported' modems and defaulting to a 'safe' profile.
Not daring to change to a HG612 in case DLM take umbrage.
Most interested in what the story is from BT/OR.

I am on a 64 M profile yet got a 72M speedtest from the BTW Speedtest site ??? !!!

Not a happy bunny  >:(

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

anything