Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Unbelievable ADSL Stats!  (Read 6997 times)

indigobanana

Unbelievable ADSL Stats!
« on: January 07, 2015, 07:24:45 PM »

It's never connected this fast before. Of course the sync speed has gone down now. But still I'm amazed. What do they use around here, military grade copper?!

Jamie :)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: Unbelievable ADSL Stats!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 07:36:30 PM »

I can't see anything to view, bud ??

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 08:10:46 PM »

A downstream connection speed of 7072 kbps is remarkably good for an attenuation of 54 dB. If those figures are correct, local interference must be incredibly low.
  Eric

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 08:14:07 PM »

Why can't I see the stats, Eric ?? Do I have to subscribe to the communal stats page or something ??

notaclue

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 08:26:57 PM »

Why can't I see the stats, Eric ?? Do I have to subscribe to the communal stats page or something ??
i dont think so, the image didn't load for me at first then i refreshed and it worked fine. :s (you could also hit quote post and see the bbcode.)
this is the image url http://s21.postimg.org/n3xenx9bb/stats.png

c6em

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 08:37:48 PM »

mmmmmmm
Is not G.DMT limited to 448 upstream
If so, how come the 672 in the stats

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 08:40:02 PM »

i dont think so, the image didn't load for me at first then i refreshed and it worked fine. :s (you could also hit quote post and see the bbcode.)
this is the image url http://s21.postimg.org/n3xenx9bb/stats.png

Aha, it's a works security thingy ..... something about 'storage' is the warning it flashes up. No worries at all and thanks, notaclue. :)

indigobanana

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2015, 09:45:39 PM »

mmmmmmm
Is not G.DMT limited to 448 upstream
If so, how come the 672 in the stats

ADSL Max Premium. Has uncapped upstream which can only reach approx. 672 because of the length of the line

indigobanana

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2015, 09:48:41 PM »

A downstream connection speed of 7072 kbps is remarkably good for an attenuation of 54 dB. If those figures are correct, local interference must be incredibly low.

It's a quiet rural area. Normally on the first sync it's somewhere around 6000. Never seen it reach 7000. As far as I know the attenuation is correct, I'm almost 4km from the exchange (road distance)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2015, 11:26:28 PM »

Exceptionally good!  Its almost double what I'd expect to see for a line of that length!
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 12:59:04 PM »

rural areas tend to have thicker copper than urban, as well as lower line density so also reduced crosstalk.  It is indeed good for 54db.

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2015, 10:05:49 PM »

I'm on 672 up but the most I have seen is 5004 Down at a similar distance and in the sticks (but I still have some problems with my line  :'( ).

Do you think that now people are going on to VDSL that ADSL will improve ?.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

indigobanana

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2015, 10:30:51 PM »

I'm on 672 up but the most I have seen is 5004 Down at a similar distance and in the sticks (but I still have some problems with my line  :'( ).

Do you think that now people are going on to VDSL that ADSL will improve ?.

Mine is stable around 5000. Sometimes less around 4500 but that is because of living next to the west coast main line with massive power transformers near the drop pole  :( No-one here has fibre yet so it hasn't affected things here but we'll have to see. I haven't heard of fibre affecting ADSL. Only once saw a thread about someones speed actually dropping after fibre arrived in their area but I don't think it's common

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2015, 11:39:32 PM »

Only once saw a thread about someones speed actually dropping after fibre arrived in their area but I don't think it's common

Thats is very uncommon normally the end users VDSL line would incur a power cut back if was effecting the tones/interfering with an ADSL line.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 11:44:21 PM by NewtronStar »

c6em

• Reg Member
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2015, 09:48:26 AM »

There my be some circumstances where an ADSL line would improve once FTTC had arrived and users started to switch.
I'd imagine a line with say 2Km of E-side and 100 yards of D-side would get better as a lot of the interference in the 2Km from cab to exchange would disappear now others ADSL signals were no longer on it while the 100m of D-side should not be too affected by VDSL cross talk impacting the ADSL signal.

Is my thinking correct you you reckon?
Pages: [1] 2

anything