Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Attainable sync and SNRm  (Read 42061 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
Re: Attainable sync and SNRm
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2015, 09:35:41 PM »

Every public facing document I have seen makes no mention of modules, there is a openreach page which states a standard SFI fee which is payable when no fault is found or a fault found on end user equipment.

The modules are nothing to do with the EU. The ISP decides which route to take ..... 1) Frames check only ...... or, 2) Minimum 'Base Module' whereby the engineer visits the EU's premises. The ISP can decide whether to pre-authorise other modules for the engineer to follow up on, if they feel it is needed.

Given its the end user who has the issue and its their property you attending I would say it has everything to do with them. you may not see it as a visiting engineer, but remember its these end users that pay your wages, no end users means no income for isps or openreach.

Even your new CEO has admitted there is a problem in how end users are kept out of the loop.

Think about it, end user has to take day of work, to wait for an engineer, and their time is wasted because isp didnt book right module.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2015, 09:39:22 PM »

So you have never attended a property, where its clear something isnt right but at the same time cannot find an issue?

No.

What about the scenario I gave you.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2015, 09:48:14 PM »

Your a great help Black Sheep  :thumbs:

My only issue now is with the BT Helpline call center i'm starting to get nervous but i'll keep saying to myself KEEP CALM and BE PATIENT  :D I am an easy going fellow but tend to have a low threshold when it comes to speaking on the Phone  :-[

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2015, 09:59:37 PM »

Good luck newt, who knows what the outcome will be, but you dont know until you try.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2015, 10:01:13 PM »

Chrys, I haven't got the time or patience to play Ping-Pong with you. I don't make this stuff up, I tell you as it is. Trying to find grey areas/scenario's can go on ad infinitum ........... I can't be arsed with it.

We have a guy at work we call, 'But what if' ................ you wouldn't believe the stuff he dreams up as questions !! 

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2015, 10:01:52 PM »

Your a great help Black Sheep  :thumbs:

My only issue now is with the BT Helpline call center i'm starting to get nervous but i'll keep saying to myself KEEP CALM and BE PATIENT  :D I am an easy going fellow but tend to have a low threshold when it comes to speaking on the Phone  :-[

Not a problem NS ..... good luck my friend.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2015, 10:05:27 PM »

Chrys, I haven't got the time or patience to play Ping-Pong with you. I don't make this stuff up, I tell you as it is. Trying to find grey areas/scenario's can go on ad infinitum ........... I can't be arsed with it.

We have a guy at work we call, 'But what if' ................ you wouldn't believe the stuff he dreams up as questions !! 

Well just think about what I said, all the info thats kept out of sight is why so many people blame openreach.  The isp's tell the end users "but we sent the engineer out its not our fault he didnt check this and that".

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2015, 11:15:43 PM »

This is something i've been keeping a close eye on over the last few months, Zyxel, Asus DSL-A66U and Asus DSL-AC68U i am by far a non modem hardware expert but any of the above would be better than the HG612  ;)

Im not so sure about the last 2, afaik, theres still a lots of bugs to be ironed out.   I'd stick with BCM chipsets if I were you.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2015, 05:58:18 PM »

Im not so sure about the last 2, afaik, theres still a lots of bugs to be ironed out.   I'd stick with BCM chipsets if I were you.

Which Zyxel Model would you suggest please note my wallet is not very think ?

Update gave BT a call this evening the center was busy so used the callback facility and it was BT india, well they say the line looks ok but the line is being observed for 24 hours and sent me a text message if the line performance deteriorates then have to reply to message  ???

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2015, 07:03:52 PM »

Newt I reccomended the 8800nl to you, I guess my humble self doesnt count :(

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Billion-8800NL-Gigabit-Wireless-Router/dp/B00K6D2ESM

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2015, 07:14:15 PM »

I don't have any personal experience of devices for VDSL2 but having considered chipset, price, facilities available, etc, I too would suggest the Billion 8800NL . . . which is not a Zyxel device, of course.  ;)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2015, 07:47:03 PM »

Oh yes it does Chry  ;) that's more like it easy on the pocket for an all in one unit the Zyxel is just out of my league

I take it the Hg612_Modem_stats and DSLstats software works fine with the Billion 8800NL
@B*CAT we are gonna try an convince you to change your current xDSL mode this year  :hmm: .
thankyou both for saving me a load of money  :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2015, 08:51:40 PM »

I've been using an 8800NL right from the start, and it's never given me any trouble. DSLstats works fine with it, and I believe HG612 Stats does also, but someone else will need to confirm that.
  Eric

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2015, 09:36:27 PM »

DSLstats works fine with it, and I believe HG612 Stats does also, but someone else will need to confirm that.

That seals the deal don't get me wrong the HG612 and HH3 have served me very well over the past 2-3 years but I guess it's time to move on and you will never have the most upto date hardware these days because as soon as it's forsale there is another more upto date model waiting to be sold  :(

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2015, 09:51:20 PM »

Oh yes it does Chry  ;) that's more like it easy on the pocket for an all in one unit the Zyxel is just out of my league

I take it the Hg612_Modem_stats and DSLstats software works fine with the Billion 8800NL
@B*CAT we are gonna try an convince you to change your current xDSL mode this year  :hmm: .
thankyou both for saving me a load of money  :)

yep works, you may need the fixed exe from BE tho for full stats.  I will send to you if he isnt around.  Whats nice as well is the size, its very similar sized to the hg612.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9