Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: HG612 3B Issues  (Read 2816 times)

wazza69

• Just arrived
HG612 3B Issues
« on: December 23, 2014, 10:24:56 PM »

Hi all,

I have a unlocked HG612 3B (from from a well reviewed eBay seller) and have tried connecting it to my Netgear 7000 Nighthawk for BT Infinity. I have connected it with the LAN2 in "Internet" port on the router and the LAN1 in a router port. Based on the lights, the modem appears to be connected. However, I can't get any connection. The router is set to PPoE with the normal bthomehub@btbroadband.com user name and no password (tried different passwords). I have set auto DHCP and asked the router to get the IP from the provider. There dosent appear to be any other setting for VCI etc. I also tried to login to the modem but I think I have locked myself out by using "password" as the password three times. It now doesn't connect using 192.168.1.1 or .100. Using a Mac OS X 10.10

As you can probably tell, I am pretty new to the network but would really appreciate some help on what else to try. The line works OK with BT Hub 5 but I don't want to use that as the UPNP is rubbish and I can't use my Naim Muso properly.

Thanks

wazza69

• Just arrived
Re: HG612 3B Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 10:26:04 PM »

Apologies, forgot to say that yes I have reset the modem but still can't login

Many thanks in advance

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 10:49:35 PM »

Hi all,

I have a unlocked HG612 3B (from from a well reviewed eBay seller) and have tried connecting it to my Netgear 7000 Nighthawk for BT Infinity. I have connected it with the LAN2 in "Internet" port on the router and the LAN1 in a router port. Based on the lights, the modem appears to be connected. However, I can't get any connection.

if the lights on the HG612 (MODEM) look good DSL is steady green and lan1 and 2 are blinking this shows that the HG612 (MODEM) is connected and working, the problem may lay with Netgear 7000 (ROUTER) configuration.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 10:55:36 PM by NewtronStar »

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 10:50:41 PM »

The HG612's LAN1 port should be connected to the Netgear's WAN or Internet port.

The HG612's LAN2 port can then be connected to any of the Netgear's spare LAN ports.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 11:56:25 PM »

Kitz has made a schematic diagram available, showing "which cable goes where", on this page.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.