Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: DLM Banded Profiles?  (Read 45500 times)

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Re: DLM Banded Profiles?
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2014, 12:31:17 PM »

If you do,  leave the modem cable unconnected for 30 mins, so DLM sees it as an unforced retrain.

Yes left it for 45 mins, back on the HG612 now.

1million fec's in 10 minutes :( Not an issue in itself I know, but shows there's a lot of noise :-\
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2014, 01:51:32 PM »

yeah its fixing a lot of errors.

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2014, 02:09:44 PM »

Isn't it sometimes Homeplugs which cause lots of FEC errors or other faulty equipment?
Kind Regards
Jamie

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2014, 02:57:32 PM »

Homeplugs can be a source yes.

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2014, 08:22:34 PM »

Sadly still playing the waiting game with the DLM changes low ES for 8 days and its still not removed my banded profile.

Sadly the game we seem to have to play with FTTC!
Kind Regards
Jamie

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2014, 09:22:42 PM »

Yeap Ronski's work line pumps out 100,000 fec's per minute thats been going for many months it must be some kind of electrical interference for him yet he's not banded just the line won't get moved off interleaving  ;)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 09:25:37 PM by NewtronStar »

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2014, 09:29:41 PM »

Not so bothered about interleaving to be honest, but annoyingly seems my old faulty Super Router caused so many errors it banded the profile ::)
Kind Regards
Jamie

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2014, 09:58:37 PM »

Yeap Ronski's work line pumps out 100,000 fec's per minute thats been going for many months it must be some kind of electrical interference for him yet he's not banded just the line won't get moved off interleaving  ;)

Ronski isnt Interleaved atm..  despite 100's of thousands of FECs the day before on the 28th the DLM still removed Interleaving.   His line if any should be proof that the DLM doesnt care about FECs.

Ronski's had interleaving removed a couple of times now in he past few months.   Proof also that as long as you can get MTBE green for sufficient time then the DLM will eventually remove interleaving.

At first he was using the HG612, had had been interleaved for a looooooong time.  In Sept he got a Zyxel and it took a while as he came down the various steps, but Interleaving was eventually removed in Oct and it was doing OK.

Unfortunately there was a single and isolated massive noise burst on the 10th of Nov resulting in 2461 E/S which took him just into MTBE red.  As a result the DLM applied interleaving yet again.  (see attached)  The line has been fine since and DLM removed interleaving again on the 28th. 

If you notice although the line isnt interleaved atm, its now generating circa 1300 E/S per day but touch wood the DLM is happy with this. Ronski's line seems to perform better with the Zyxel than it did with the HG612 and its just about keeping in MTBE amber, plus giving him a better sync speed.   If it hadnt been for that single massive noise burst on the 10th of Nov, then its highly likely that his line would have remained non-interleaved since Oct.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 10:03:12 PM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2014, 10:06:25 PM »

Not so bothered about interleaving to be honest,

You must be the only one that's not bothered by being interleaved, as soon as a Kitz member gets interleaved it becomes a News headline on this forum  :D

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2014, 10:09:09 PM »

Not so bothered about interleaving to be honest,

You must be the only one that's not bothered by being interleaved, as soon as a Kitz member gets interleaved it becomes a News headline on this forum  :D

I'd be glad to get my 69 meg back!

My first DLM hit switched on interleaving and I lost a few mbps sync, now this banded profile has cut nearly 20mbps from the speed - I just hope its not permanent as the line is noisy and will recover  ;D
Kind Regards
Jamie

ardsar

• Reg Member
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2014, 10:10:12 PM »

Sadly still playing the waiting game with the DLM changes low ES for 8 days and its still not removed my banded profile.

Sadly the game we seem to have to play with FTTC!

I've gone 19 days now since my last band change from 22499 to 24999. Even though ES stays below 300 nothing has changed since

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2014, 10:10:23 PM »

That's good to know kitz. I'm currently getting an average of between 8 to 12 ES daily with my settings currently at INP 4, delay 8ms, target SNRM 9.0dB, max/min sync rate 80,000Kbps/128Kbps. Interestingly my SNRM also dropped by around 1.5dB downstream and 0.5dB upstream today (this was sudden, not gradual) - a similar effect that some other people have been having recently too?

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2014, 10:18:25 PM »

Ronski isnt Interleaved atm..  despite 100's of thousands of FECs the day before on the 28th the DLM still removed Interleaving.   His line if any should be proof that the DLM doesnt care about FECs.

Kitz I am not disputing that the DLM ignores FEC's if your getting large FEC counts then there has to be a battle going on with interference/noise and what happens when your modem see's noise it becomes CRC's and ES that's what I am saying  :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2014, 10:31:27 PM »

I've gone 19 days now since my last band change from 22499 to 24999.

How long a period of stability did it take to get the band plan change?
Your line also concerns me a little as the SNRm oscillates quite a bit over the course of the day.   From what Ive read if youve been banded/interleaved for a while and for several episodes then the wait out period keeps doubling each time.

During this time SNRm is also monitored to make sure it doesnt swing too high or low.  Unfortunately Ive no idea what it considers as acceptable.  If I had to guess Id say 3dB would seem a sensible figure, so you may be ok.    :fingers:

As mentioned earlier up in the thread, I think the 8/9 days is a myth & hangover from the old system..  admittedly there are some lines that do resolve in 8 days, but that could just as likely be co-incidence of the doubling effect.  There are some lines that correct the next day, whilst others take months.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

ardsar

• Reg Member
DLM Banded Profiles?
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2014, 10:39:13 PM »

I've gone 19 days now since my last band change from 22499 to 24999.

How long a period of stability did it take to get the band plan change?
Your line also concerns me a little as the SNRm oscillates quite a bit over the course of the day.   From what Ive read if youve been banded/interleaved for a while and for several episodes then the wait out period keeps doubling each time.

During this time SNRm is also monitored to make sure it doesnt swing too high or low.  Unfortunately Ive no idea what it considers as acceptable.  If I had to guess Id say 3dB would seem a sensible figure, so you may be ok.    :fingers:

As mentioned earlier up in the thread, I think the 8/9 days is a myth & hangover from the old system..  admittedly there are some lines that do resolve in 8 days, but that could just as likely be co-incidence of the doubling effect.  There are some lines that correct the next day, whilst others take months.

It took 10 days for the first change which was to back off interleave then approx 3 days later the the banding was changed.

The problem occurred one weekend when I was away. Before I left it was syncing around 27m but on my return it dropped to 22.5m. Dlm had been reset approx 1.5 weeks prior to this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8