Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: DSLstats v5.3 with DGN2200 (v4)  (Read 15872 times)

Axel Foley

• Memento audere semper
Re: DSLstats v5.3 with DGN2200 (v4)
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2015, 08:35:10 PM »

One question: could you also address the timing issue by asking clients to upload data universally in GMT time then allowing users to configure mysdslwebstats to configure the proper timezone? Or ask clients to put the timezone into the uploaded data?
Thanks a lot for your work. :)

Thank you very much for this.

Looking at the graphs with a timezone an hour ahead on a laptop, there doesn't seem to be much of a problem - the main criteria is that your own graphs show the time correctly along with data up to that time and other users have theirs correctly shown also. There are a couple of places where the time is GMT and should be an hour ahead or vice-versa but I guess these are not a deal breaking problem. 

The work involved in trying to fix this both for the local client and the server is not something I can attempt at the moment or in the foreseeable future though I'm afraid due to other 'real' work commitments.

It's a good result for now. With time you'll work out a definitive solution. :)

Thanks a lot.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2015, 10:00:50 AM »

It's a good result for now. With time you'll work out a definitive solution. :)

Thanks a lot.

Done  :)

There are now changes to support all international users in Time Zones other than the UK providing they have a compatible modem/router that works with DSLStats primarily.

Panes now display the correct local times for Non-UK users. Non-UK users have an asterisk against their User Names in the Whois online/uploading displays and the offset from UK time in Hours is shown at the top of a Control Box against their User Name. There are now users  in France, Switzerland, Italy, USA and Canada although not all are currently uploading.
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

Axel Foley

• Memento audere semper
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2015, 09:21:04 AM »

Great job Tony, at a first glance everything's working as expected. :)

Axel Foley

• Memento audere semper
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2015, 10:48:15 AM »

If there only was a DLStats client, web based, so we could run it, headless, on a small NAS, a raspberry etc. it would be perfect in combination with MDWS:

http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=14595.msg278083#msg278083
Pages: 1 2 [3]