Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats -- What Has Happened?  (Read 14233 times)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: MyDSLWebStats -- What Has Happened?
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2014, 08:25:33 PM »

Thank you for trying to help, Tony.

Let me first explain that initially I only registered to be able to view Chrysalis' graphs. Subsequently I have uploaded some data as part of my testing of each new release of Eric's DSLstats. As a user with just an ADSL2 service, I have no great need to continuously monitor the circuit -- hence the minimalist data that has been uploaded to date.

So what is the current situation? I went to MDWS site, selected myself and the "24Hr Graphs" option. What I saw is shown in the first attachment, below. That is was I was expecting to see.

I then left-clicked on the title of the "CRC/Min" graph to see it in larger size. What then "pooped up" is shown in the second attachment, below. No matter which thumbnail graph title I select, the result is the same.  :(
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2014, 09:52:48 PM »

I see now what B*CAT is talking about and yeah if I left click on any headers on the 24 hour graph WWW.bing.com pops up.

BC you must be the best Beta Tester around to find this flaw  :clap2:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 10:05:21 PM by NewtronStar »

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2014, 10:02:01 PM »

I then left-clicked on the title of the "CRC/Min" graph to see it in larger size. What then "pooped up" is shown in the second attachment, below. No matter which thumbnail graph title I select, the result is the same.  :(

I'm not sure this is anything directly to do with MDWS as such but I am guessing here if no one else has the problem - please say if you do  :o  If it was what I thought initially everyone would have the same result.

There was a problem some time ago in Firefox where a lot of people were being redirected to Bing whenever they did any searches and that could be cured by a config change in Firefox.  I also had another problem in that the first time I opened Firefox, it would go straight to Bing and didn't want to stop doing so, even when you killed the first tab, it would just open another Bing tab (which is Microsoft's search engine)! This was a Windows bug/feature AFAIR so imagine wouldn't affect you.

Have you another browser you can try and see if it still happens please? If not then it's likely Firefox related. If it still happens then need to work out what it might be. If anyone else has the same setup as you (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0) they could try the 24Hr feature and see what happens?

Hopefully that is the only point at which this behaviour occurs?

There are several other places where a browser popup windows is used - the Options menu, the Latency viewing feature and the View/Save graph feature that is on most graphs. Does it happen with any of these please?
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2014, 10:23:52 PM »

Hi Tony, I can confirm that I get Bing opened in a new tab, this is on my Android tablet using the Chrome browser.

Edit. Also the same on my Android phone, using Boat Browser.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 10:27:44 PM by Ronski »
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2014, 10:24:29 PM »

I see now what B*CAT is talking about and yeah if I left click on any headers on the 24 hour graph WWW.bing.com pops up.

BC you must be the best Beta Tester around to find this flaw  :clap2:

Crossed posts....

Well, I assume that's using your Raspberry Pi? I just tried it using mine with Epiphany browser and it works fine as per the screen grab below  ??? Ah no,  you were using Windows/Chrome....

Also okay (I'm using Windows 8.1 on the main workstation) with Chrome, Firefox, Safari and IE.

And just tried on a Win 8.1 laptop using Chrome and that's fine as well.

That doesn't get us anywhere much though without more results. I'll try Win 7 in the morning on another machine.
Tony
My Books!

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2014, 10:29:47 PM »

Tony,  you may have missed my post, see my previous post before yours.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2014, 10:30:00 PM »

Hi Tony, I can confirm that I get Bing opened in a new tab, this is on my Android tablet using the Chrome browser.

Edit. Also the same on my Android phone, using Boat Browser.

So I just tried my Android Galaxy SIII with the default browser. Again, expected result, no sign of Bing...
Tony
My Books!

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2014, 10:33:45 PM »

Tony,  you may have missed my post, see my previous post before yours.

Crossed again....

No idea at the moment :-[  :o

Edit: unless it happens to me, I can't find out why it's happening to others.... The code that generates the popup window (which is the point at which this is being initiated presumably) hasn't changed since September.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 10:41:04 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2014, 10:38:03 PM »

it's clear as day this bing thing using windows 32bit Vista and google chrome during the test will of course try windows 8.1 with IE 11 and Windows 10 to be sure this is not a browser/OS issue.

But I can say the bing popup is then allocated to windows taskbar after left clicking on any of the titles/headers (SNR Margin FEC/min and so on) so after left clicking 3 titles/header there are three bing taskbar process's running.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2014, 10:52:18 PM »

I can confirm that the same thing happens to me, using FF 33.1, and also with Konqueror (although the latter says "Your browser does not support charts"). (See below)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 10:54:48 PM by roseway »
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2014, 11:10:21 PM »

Happens here too.

Clicking any of the links (ie CRC, Bitswaps, FEC etc) brings up the bing browser.   See the blue arrows in my attached image.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2014, 11:21:15 PM »

Have you another browser you can try and see if it still happens please?

Unfortunately I do not have another web browser that I could use.  :no:

There are several other places where a browser popup windows is used - the Options menu, the Latency viewing feature and the View/Save graph feature that is on most graphs. Does it happen with any of these please?

Try as I like, I cannot find the "Options menu" or the "Latency viewing feature". They are probably right under my nose . . .

However I can confirm that the "View/Save graph feature" behaves abnormally, see below for an example.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2014, 11:24:33 PM »

I can confirm that the same thing happens to me, using FF 33.1, and also with Konqueror (although the latter says "Your browser does not support charts"). (See below)

Must be a 'laid' back browser, Eric  :lol:

Tried this on a friend's PC some 100 miles away via R Console to eliminate it being connected with my connection if you see what I mean.... No problem, popups as expected.

So I also thought I'd come into the site via a remote proxy server and - it gets Binged!!

Had a look at the code and decided to remove the encryption/decryption on a couple of the parameters that go with opening the popup. They are gibberish as they should be but, lo and behold, no Bing but the desired popup instead via the proxy. Why, I have not the slightest idea.

So it must be Microsoft's fault of course looking for some hidden message in the encryption  :-\

Can those affected see if the problem has hopefully gone now please? Obviously, hit the Update button first.
Tony
My Books!

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2014, 11:29:55 PM »

Try as I like, I cannot find the "Options menu" or the "Latency viewing feature". They are probably right under my nose . . .

However I can confirm that the "View/Save graph feature" behaves abnormally, see below for an example.

The Options menu is at the bottom of the main window under the Social Icons and to the right as a link. There is a setting in there that allows you to View the TBB Latency/Ping monitor Graph and also the Mouselike one if you use either of them. Also various other settings that may or may not be of use.

The strange View/Save popup I have seen but not yet found out why it happens.
Tony
My Books!

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2014, 11:35:42 PM »

So it must be Microsoft's fault of course looking for some hidden message in the encryption  :-\

Can those affected see if the problem has hopefully gone now please? Obviously, hit the Update button first.

Yay! It works. I now see the desired graph in a larger size. No "Bing".  :clap2:

Unfortunately the "View/Save feature" still is abnormal.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4