Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: ADSL Connection Problems With HG612 Modem And Static IP's.  (Read 19741 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: ADSL Connection Problems With HG612 Modem And Static IP's.
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2014, 02:58:54 AM »

and they said "I have adjusted your profile so you should receive a slightly higher upload speed"

So they should. You were paying for business rate and the fact that they had you on the 448 was a bit naughty :/
iirc you are on a 20CN exchange and hence no adsl2+, so you should always have been on max premium with the higher upload.

ISP said I'm on ADSL because of my long line (By Road:4.7 km)

Im sure when you checked in the past it was because your exchange was 20CN.   Has it recently been upgraded? - adsl checker

Note the fact that you now have fttc does not mean that the exchange is 21CN.   More and more smaller exchanges these days are being piggy backed from a larger exchange when it comes to fttc.   

Its with some surprise that I found out fairly recently that despite my exchange having been 21CN for years, all fttc connections are now routed via a neighbouring exchange.  This is in conjunction with the MSE bRAS upgrades.

I'm going to see what else they can do to improve it as I still keep getting drop outs.

As mentioned in previous posts we need to see what your SNR Margin is doing.   The graphs you provided such as QLN, hlog etc provide static information.  We need to see live info that records your changing line conditions.

QLN & hlog are the 'new thang'..  but when it comes to line faults and diagnostics the SNR Margin graph is way and above the most useful of all graphs. 

have been trying different firmware but no improvements.

I dont believe this is a firmware issue, others would have reported it long before now because its not something that would have escaped notice for very long.   
The fact that you cant get telnet access sometimes would suggest perhaps a firewall issue? **

As regards to the drop outs,  from the graphs you provided it would suggest that your line is noisy.  This causes frequent drop outs, but this can only be confirmed by SNRm logging.

Im also beginning to be a bit concerned about your internal wiring - link.  It sounds like you may have star wiring, some of which may not be wired or filtered correctly.  That could be the source of the noise, but it should not make any difference to the telnet/firewall situation.   

------
** Just had a thought re telnet and "sometimes can sometimes cant".   
Are you able to get access soon after updating the firmware, then it vanishes completely after its been on overnight?
Wondering if the BTAgent is at work here and auto upgrading to another version

I take it that you have been killing the BTAgent?

http://www.kitz.co.uk/routers/hg612unlock.htm#kill_btagent
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2014, 04:42:54 PM »

Update.
Edit ... My exchange now says ' 21CN WBC (Broadband)    Enabled'

My isp did a 'copper test' and said it was ok, but later on had a phone call from my daughter and the line had a crackling noise on it so I did a QLT after the call and could hear noise and what sounded like a ringing tones in the background  :o

They put my line on '10 day training'  .

Next day I tried to get on the internet but the HG612 could not get a 'Handshake'  :( it had been trying all night looking a the modem logs.

Turned it off for some time, powered it up still no DSL connection, by now my daughter had come home and needed to use the internet for her uni work so I had to put my old Speedtouch 536 back after some time it got DSL up and I could get on the internet.
-----------------------------------------------
DSL Connection   

Link Information

Uptime:   1 day, 16:23:41

Modulation:   G.992.1 Annex A

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:   416 / 3,680

Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [KB/KB]:   0.00 / 186.00

Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:   12.5 / 18.5

Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:   29.5 / 50.0

SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:   11.0 / 4.0

Vendor ID (Local/Remote):   TMMB / IFTN

Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):   5 / 0

Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):   1 / 0

Loss of Power (Local/Remote):   0 / 0

Loss of Link (Remote):   0

Error Seconds (Local/Remote):   1,178 / 0

FEC Errors (Up/Down):   14 / 33,781,981

CRC Errors (Up/Down):   140 / 3,292

HEC Errors (Up/Down):   116 / 2,413
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 05:00:11 PM by tickmike »
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2014, 07:51:48 PM »

tbh, I think the 10day training is just a stalling tactic.   Basically its just a reset of the DLM.   You werent having DLM issues, but we do still need to see what your SNR Margin is doing..    because that is whats going to affect the DLM and give us a proper indication of whats going on with your line. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

boost

• Reg Member
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2014, 01:01:23 PM »

I wonder if the HG612 is literally spazzing out with all those FECs? You might be able to run 'top' from the CLI as soon as you synch and possibly view the util/load?

I would be tempted to disconnect every single extension you've carefully laid (at the master) and then hook the HG back up and see how the QLN / FECs are looking. I've personally seen gains from using one of those shielded/twisted RJ11 cables too. Might be worth a shot!

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2014, 10:26:26 PM »

I wonder if the HG612 is literally spazzing out with all those FECs? You might be able to run 'top' from the CLI as soon as you synch and possibly view the util/load?

See ... http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=14775.msg276110#msg276110
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2014, 11:57:40 PM »

Again had to power modem off for some time because it could not get a DSL handshake with the exchange after trying hundreds of times. :'(

Once I got a stable'ish connection and before I lost 'Telnet' I got a few graphs.

The gaps are when I start to loose 'Telnet' .
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 07:53:30 PM by tickmike »

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2014, 12:03:07 AM »

boost

• Reg Member
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2014, 03:04:20 AM »

Looks like you lost all DS margin just after 13:24?
What electrical stuff got turned on? Where is your DECT base station sited?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

anything