Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Plusnet Broadband problems  (Read 3399 times)

tbailey2

• Kitizen
Plusnet Broadband problems
« on: November 30, 2014, 11:20:47 AM »

I've lost my Plusnet Internet connection several times this morning for up to 20 mins each time (DSL on Modem/Router okay but no Internet/red LED on router.

This is on the Plusnet status page:

30/11/2014 @ 10:38

Earlier this morning we became aware of a problem resulting in some of our customers not being able to establish a connection to the Internet.

Our network engineers are currently investigating this.

If you are struggling to connect to the Internet then please try powering off your router for 1 hour before powering it back up and attempting to re-establish a connection to the Internet. If you continue to have trouble connecting try the following link which you can access from your mobile phone - http://www.plus.net/reconnect

We'll provide another update later this afternoon.

It had come back up and reconnected of its own accord twice. Anyone using a Stats monitoring program might want to check though as MDWS is showing a number of people possibly have not reconnected automatically. My RPi did the first time, but not the second and had to restart it.
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Plusnet Broadband problems
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 12:35:17 PM »

Thanks Tony.

Id noticed this morning that my email app that deletes spam direct from the remote servers had thrown a couple of errors.  I'd had a quick look at my sync time, but seeing that I'd not lost sync, didnt bother investigating further.

Checking now I notice that my IPv4 Uptime:    0 day: 3 hour: 1 minutes  indicates that my PPP must have been down for a short while,  luckily the Zyxel seems to have recovered ok without manual intervention.
However the really weird this is my router logs dont seem to have recorded any new PPP sessions.

^ Ignore that...  when I rolled back to a prev firmware version, it scrubbed all my settings and prefs. I'd forgot to re-enable sys logging for XDSL & Internet.

So thanks for bringing this to my attention otherwise I wouldnt have investigated why the router hadnt logged any PPP sessions.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 02:38:27 PM »

Mine was down for a couple of hours, and manually reconnecting didn't work. I switched off for an hour and tried again, and it was still down.
  Eric

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 03:08:48 PM »

An ADSL pauper, I spent nearly all this morning. Right way to go about it or not, or needed, I ended up reinstalling the router. ::)

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 04:32:47 PM »

Just to update:

30/11/2014 @ 13:22

This is in an update to our previous post regarding the recent connectivity problem.

Our engineers have resolved the problem and customers should now be able to re-establish a connection.

Apologies for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 04:39:50 PM »

Mine was down for a couple of hours, and manually reconnecting didn't work. I switched off for an hour and tried again, and it was still down.

Roseway you seemed to have lost a chunk of US SNRm after reconnecting back into Plusnet

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2014, 04:43:17 PM »

Yes, I noticed that. :(
  Eric

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2014, 04:53:12 PM »

Yes, I noticed that. :(

US power down from 2.8 to 1.5 still with 14.9 US SNRm not bad at all, if you look at the US SNRm plot over say 5 days to could see it dip a few times so maybe it was getting ready to drop.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2014, 06:37:07 PM »

I don't think that's it. I have a very intermittent problem which causes the US margin to drop briefly when the phone rings (sometimes). But the US and DS margins have been dropping fairly steadily ever since the connection was set up, probably due to crosstalk. But this isn't really related to the subject of the thread. :)
  Eric