Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: New fibre customer - interpret stats  (Read 12268 times)

Primus84

Re: New fibre customer - interpret stats
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2014, 09:58:56 PM »

Do I need to let em run now or is there something I can post that will assist with identifying the reason the connection speed has dropped?

Thanks for all the help so far :)

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2014, 10:19:38 PM »

With HG612 Modem Stats, you should see scheduled snapshot & Ongoing montages graphs auto-generated in the Current_Stats & Ongoing _Stats folders, but you can click the Run snapshot stats button any time you wish to obtain a snapshot montage of the most important stats.

You could do the same via the RunGraphPD button for Ongoing stats, but it would be best to leave that one until a few hours worth of stats have been logged.

Primus84

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2014, 01:06:42 PM »

Ok, it hasn't disconnected since the last set of data so it seems to have stabilised. I've been running the logging since yesterday evening so is there anything I can post up yet or do I need to leave it log for longer?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2014, 02:09:36 PM »

You can use HG612 modem stats to run a Graph PD (bottom right) When the cmd window comes up enter "1 d" for 1 day or 12 h for 12 hrs etc, then you can post the full_monty stats (the long mode which fits forum windows), which will be found in the Ongoing Stats folder.

Alternatively you can screen grab any of the DSLstats graphs when ever you like. 

Running 24/7 gives a much better indication of your line particularly when it comes to things like SNRmargin and CRCs etc.  Posting the one set of figures only gives us a snapshot of one second in time.  I'd had a sneaky feeling that you may be seeing some ErrSecs, but the data from the one set of figures didnt give me enough info.    This is surprising because I wouldnt expect to see them on such a good line.
Its obvious now that you must have been getting them, or the DLM wouldnt have interleaved you :(
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Primus84

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2014, 02:26:50 PM »

Here they are

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2014, 04:32:21 PM »

Hmmm  I cant see anything which indicates the source of errors.   The SNR Margin seems nice and steady.    The Errored seconds seem low enough, but then again youve got some pretty heavy interleaving going on right now :/

Whats puzzling me is that I cant see anything which would have caused upstream Interleaving.    Out of curiousity, did you reboot your modem lots of times on the 27th?
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

Primus84

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2014, 04:45:29 PM »

No, it's never been rebooted since it was installed.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2014, 04:58:31 PM »

Hmmmmmmmm  again.   

So on day 2, the DLM applies some really heavy interleaving on both upstream and downstream.  Yet its a good line with plenty of spare SNRm that looks pretty flatlined.

I thought DLM was supposed to leave new lines alone for the first day - unless its seen lots of retrains.   :hmm:

Whats going on here.. I can see that there are some CRCs and Err seconds, but based on the first set of stats that shouldnt have been enough to trigger DLM.  I cant even see anything wrong with the upstream.

Thoughts anyone else?  BE et al.  Have I missed something

-----

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2014, 05:01:16 PM »

No, I don't think that anything has been missed.  :no:  It seems that this circuit has been penalised unnecessarily.  :(
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Primus84

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2014, 05:15:55 PM »

Is there anything I can do? If I leave it connected and wait will it fix itself by allowing the DLM to relax?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2014, 06:03:31 PM »

This kitteh is getting a real bad twitch in her whiskers.
Brand new line thats not even had a full day free from DLM.  DLM goes in straight for the kill on the first night both barrels blasting.

Ive just checked starmans line, he was interleaved too last night.  Although we've been expecting that, but what wasnt expected is it gone straight from 0 to 1105.  He's not ever been that high before. He's previously been 643 when he had his line fault.

Im not liking the feeling Im getting one little bit.   Is this the 'new' DLM?  :hmm:

@Primus.  Just right now I dont think theres much you can do.   You can attempt to contact your ISP, but they'd only give you the "10 day training rubbish"  Even though it doesnt apply to FTTC.

For now all you can do is sit tight and watch and monitor.  If it was me though I would be mentioning it on your ISP forum board, because if it is what I hope it isnt, then I get a feeling that there may soon be others starting to complain.

Based on the evidence so far, I cannot see any legitimate reason why your line should be interleaved.   The line would however need to be monitored for a longer period than it has been to be able to give you a definite answer.
-----

Primus84

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2014, 06:12:46 PM »

I'm BT - is their user board worth mentioning this on - what I mean is do they actually monitor and help out or is it more peer-to-peer help?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2014, 06:42:50 PM »

Yes its worth it.     They do have staff that monitor, theres also a few of the adsl techy types that post there (you may on occasion see names that post on both - but you wont see me/BE/b*cat post there as we're not with BT.  If it was me I'd certainly be posting it on my ISP's forum.   

I'd post your first day stats showing the attainable 120200.   Its also worth mentioning that youre running DSLstats and your SNR Margin is flatlining.  You never know one of the more decent reps with half a clue may spot it.  Post your interleaving & INP totals now because they indicate youve been put on a really high profile which is why now you can only sync  at 72,272 (mention that too).   

Its up to you whether you mention that youve been here and we cannot see any valid reason why interleaving should have been applied because line conditions appear to be exceptionally good and if you wonder if could be related to the new DLM.   
I would not mention anything though about ASSIA and why theres a new DLM, otherwise the BT staff may just stick their head in the sand and run a mile.  :-\

I hope its not the new DLM and this is whats to come..  but the thing is, if it is a mistake and the line has been profiled incorrectly then it will need the assistance of your ISP to get it removed.

Please do keep us informed..  I'm really interested in seeing what happens.   Good luck.
-----

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2014, 07:41:00 PM »

I would not mention anything though about ASSIA and why theres a new DLM, otherwise the BT staff may just stick their head in the sand and run a mile.  :-\

There have been occasions, in the past, when something of the above ilk has been raised in a BT forum thread for the post in question being deleted.  :o  (Totally inappropriate action by a moderator.  >:(  )
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2014, 08:55:57 PM »

Yes Ive heard similar too and I think its really bad that they delete the whole post/thread, especially if the EU is reporting a valid issue with their line :/

TBH Im hoping that its been wrongly profiled, it will be easier for the OP.   I dont like DLMs that work backwards - which funny enough is what the ASSIA Sky one did.  ::)
-----
Pages: 1 [2] 3

anything