Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats Mobile Edition  (Read 2061 times)

tbailey2

• Kitizen
MyDSLWebStats Mobile Edition
« on: November 26, 2014, 08:39:39 PM »

As this is a separate app I've given it its own thread from the main one for queries etc.

For those that want to check their stats more easily away from home, there is now a simple mobile/smartphone version that will give you basic data on your own and others DSL lines.

It should work in any browser on any device inc Android, iPhone etc. I've only been able to test it on a Samsung smartphone though. There should be appropriate iPhone splash screen and icons available for Apple fans. You can use it on a phablet etc but are probably better off with the main application.

You need to be registered via the main site to use it. On a mobile device you'll need to Log On the first time you visit. You can view it via a desktop or laptop but it's specifically designed to fit a mobile device aspect ratio and size so will look rather ungainly on a larger screen.

I'll add a small smartphone icon on the main application to invoke it as well. I'm not sure detecting the device and using the mobile version depending on what's found is much advantage, or even desired, so that isn't currently implemented.

You won't need to Log On separately though if you are viewing it on a 'large' screen screen device where you have already logged on to the main interface. Note that all resizing of images etc is automatic on load and there is no manual resizing available.

The attachment shows the main screens  - except for Log On.

Dashboard - this is the initial summary screen when you first visit and is selectable at any time. It always shows your own most recent data at a glance.

Users - all the current upload users are listed here along with their last upload time. The graph icon is green if active or red if no upload in the last 10 mins. Select the an icon via its upper section to take you to:

Stats - there are four simple graphs available for SNRM, CRC, FEC and ES currently. All cover the most recent rolling 24 hour period available for the user unless the last upload is more than a few days ago when there won't be any graph available in most cases. What you see is what you get along with some other useful tabular data.

None of the screens auto-update (to avoid any mobile data quota problems) and all need a manual refresh if you want current data. There are various other navigation buttons that shouldn't need explanation.

You can find it here:

http://www.mydslwebstats.co.uk/mm/

As with the main application, if you Log On and keep ending back at the Log On screen but with no red error message, check your Cookie settings....

Have fun  ;)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 09:42:11 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

Ronski

• Kitizen
Re: MyDSLWebStats Mobile Edition
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 10:28:14 PM »

Nice one,  works well on my S4, however I have spotted one bug. It shows my interleaving as both fast,  but I'm interleaved at the moment. Same goes for my work connection. 
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 11:17:03 PM »

Nice one,  works well on my S4, however I have spotted one bug. It shows my interleaving as both fast,  but I'm interleaved at the moment. Same goes for my work connection.

Thanks. Okay fixed, it was still hard coded for layout  :blush:
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 09:30:51 PM »

Works great on an iPhone 5s. Great work Tony

Thanks

Tony
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

anything