Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: First 10 days  (Read 2601 times)

Primus84

First 10 days
« on: November 23, 2014, 09:26:54 PM »

Hi everyone, I've got my Infinity 2 installation booked in for Thursday of this week. We've been sent a HH5 but I've purchased a HG612 on eBay since I've read that the HH5 isn't the most stable.

Am I ok to swap the HH5 for the HG612 immediately or should I wait a certain period of time? I have heard about an initial 10 day DLM period but I have also heard that this is not the case for fibre and that the DLM runs continuously.

My summary is that I can replace the HH5 at any time provided I power down the HH5 and then leave at least 30 minutes before plugging in and powering up the HG612 - would this be accurate?

Thanks!

Dray

• Kitizen
Re: First 10 days
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 09:45:02 PM »

DLM starts the day after installation, unless severe instability is detected, so you can do it right away. It's always best to power down the device before connecting to or disconnecting from the phone line. I have no problems with the HH5.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 10:06:12 PM »

Would wait until thursday and let the OR engineer do his job, and after he/she has left then you can install the HG612 as (modem) and use the HH5 as the router via wan cable.

Yes I would power off the HH5 and wait 30 minutes don't pull the DSL cable from the unit after powering it off,give it say 5 mins and wait another 25 mins before installing the HG612 and it maybe a good idea to get the HG612 unlocked before installation day it will help as you don't want to many re-syncs during the so called 10 day training period  :)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 10:13:29 PM by NewtronStar »

Dwight

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 06:18:15 PM »

I have a HG612 and have been unplugging and powering like there is no tomorrow with out any issues.
It does however take a while to handshake with the line, so you might want to stay with the HH5 if it is quicker.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 07:33:02 PM »

I have a HG612 and have been unplugging and powering like there is no tomorrow with out any issues.

::)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 08:42:51 PM »

You have been extremely lucky!  :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Dwight

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 08:54:26 PM »

You have been extremely lucky!  :)

I prefer to think I am the norm!  ;)

anything