Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: DSLstats - requests please :)  (Read 14223 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
DSLstats - requests please :)
« on: November 12, 2014, 05:55:32 PM »

Couple of items please

1) Several versions ago the 'Exit button minimises program' (Config -> Misc) seemed to stop working.  The exit button no longer minimises prog and will do a complete exit.

2) Is it possible to do some sort of Alert [eg email or even a popup alert]  if DSLstats for some reason hasnt been able to get any stats for 'x' amount of time.  I only noticed about an hour ago that DSLstats had stopped monitoring at about 9:30 am this morning due what would appear to be the CLI locking up. 

The event log was full and had started deleting some of the earlier ones so Im not sure what time it stopped being able to get stats.  Because I normally run DSLstats minimised I hadnt realised there was a problem with recording, so some sort of Alert would be great :)

Thankyou 

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

les-70

• Kitizen
Re: DSLstats - requests please :)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 06:10:31 PM »

Exit seems to work normally for me.  The red x minimizes if that option is selected. The black x will seek a confirmation of the close if that option is selected.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 06:50:41 PM »

Yes, "Exit button minimises program" is an option in the Misc configuration section. It only applies to the red exit button, not the main window close button. Please let me know if it doesn't work as it should.

An alert for the circumstances you describe is certainly possible, but it will probably not be before next week.
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 07:08:30 PM »

These are my settings[1], yet if I click the red x, it attempts to close the program [2].

Im sure it used to work perfectly.   I  noticed a few months ago that it attempted to full close, but hadnt mentioned it earlier because it wasnt crucial.   The same setting works fine with the  HG612stats GUI.  Its no big deal because I can (and do now) use the - button, but since I was making another request, I thought Id mention it.  Im on Win7 if that makes any difference.

----------------

<< Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post. >>

It only applies to the red exit button, not the main window close button.

Oh.. sorry my mistake I thought it used to apply to the main window close.  Perhaps Ive just got used to the fact that HG612 gui will minimise if the same setting is selected.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 07:15:03 PM »

An alert for the circumstances you describe is certainly possible, but it will probably not be before next week.

Thank you - no hurry and no need to rush. 

Just thought that if I would find this a useful feature then Im sure others would.   Its something Ive thought about in the past, but its only recently been brought to home with Zyxel stupidly changing the max CLI logins, which may be the culprit behind the GUI and CLI crashing.   I fully understand that this isnt a fault with DSLstats, but it would be great if DSLstats could monitor for times when the modem has a hissy and no longer wants to give DSLstats any data.
-----

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 08:11:55 PM »

I suppose away would be to make the dslstats icon in the taskbar tray turn red when there is so access to modem or a failure.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 08:16:10 PM by NewtronStar »

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 11:32:27 PM »

I suppose away would be to make the dslstats icon in the taskbar tray turn red when there is so access to modem or a failure.
And pulse on and off
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 11:54:54 PM »

On mine I see in Logs 'Incorrect login name or password' , also 'IP address is now x.y.z.108' But the modem ip address is 110 and smoothwall box is 108 on the same subNET
I have configuration>Misc>Pause after login error un-ticked so it does start recording again.

On configuration>items to Monitor>include with Bit loading      seems to un-tick itself    >:(

But otherwise a great bit of software which has a lot of other parts added since I last used it, Thank you Eric for all your hard work  :drink:.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 10:52:38 AM by tickmike »
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014, 07:47:42 AM »

The reported IP address is the external (internet facing) address, not the LAN address.

I'll check out the other issues, but I suggest that you untick "Pause after login error".
  Eric

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2014, 10:47:25 AM »

The reported IP address is the external (internet facing) address, not the LAN address.

x.y.z.104 = 'Unable to login to modem/router'  :(
I'll check out the other issues, but I suggest that you untick "Pause after login error".
I have un-ticked that see above post .
I also see today  'Error running the HG622 workaround'

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2014, 11:26:08 AM »

Michael, could you start a new thread describing what you've done and what the problems are, because I'm afraid I'm completely unable to follow it at the moment.
  Eric

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2014, 02:53:52 PM »

And pulse on and off

I think I can work with these suggestions, thanks.
  Eric

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2014, 02:27:21 PM »

Update: I've now set up DSLstats so that it pulses the system tray icon red/green after three successive failures to retrieve any stats (e.g. failed logins). The event log still records the actual reason. I expect to release this new version in a couple of days.
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2014, 05:02:05 PM »

Thank you for the update :)
-----

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2014, 10:58:08 AM »

Any chance of adding the Homehub 5 as a supported device? Limited stats are available over the HTTP interface.
Pages: [1] 2 3

anything