Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Banded upstream  (Read 1818 times)

strontium90

Banded upstream
« on: November 06, 2014, 10:10:54 AM »

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place but could someone have a look at my stats on MyDSLstats..my name is Strontium...
I am on some sort of banded upstream of 797 and have been for years...had them reset it when I went from "faster total broadband" to Infinity 1 last year, but it quickly reverted and I can't be bothered talking to India and engineers who know less about VDSL than I do...
I have an uptime of 22 days at the moment but interleaving still on...thanks in advance

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Banded upstream
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 02:02:33 PM »

I've split this into a separate topic.
  Eric

strontium90

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 02:17:13 PM »

OK, thanks..what I was wondering is why DLM doesn't remove interleave..I've had 50+ days uptime before and my ES doesn't seem too bad...if someone who knew could look at my stats and explain why interleave is still on and my upstream capped...

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 03:56:05 PM »

I'm no expert in analysing stats, but yours seem to indicate that your distance to the cabinet is quite long, and maybe the line isn't very good quality. DLM has probably banded you as well as applying interleaving, which would explain the 'stuck' upstream speed. Hopefully someone better at this will comment shortly.
  Eric

strontium90

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 04:03:11 PM »

Thanks..yeah...it's just over a mile to the cab..it's just that it seems that DLM will "punish" me forever..whatever my stats...it's a joke