Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: BT Openreach Huawei EchoLife HG612 2B VDSL/FTTC Modem.  (Read 18319 times)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: BT Openreach Huawei EchoLife HG612 2B VDSL/FTTC Modem.
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2014, 11:42:01 PM »

Excellent news.  :clap2:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2014, 01:06:29 AM »

Excellent news.  :clap2:
What a journey.
When I get around to it I will do a separate post for a block of static ip's on this modem and you could add it to the wiki.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

markbarabus

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2014, 04:21:54 PM »

:thumbs:  Got it fully working with my block of static IP's in bridge mode on PPPoA  :thumbs:, with no drop outs, solid connection,  it's the best I have seen for years on my long line. (51dB)

This time I unlocked it, logged in, deleted Basic>Wan>BTAgent details and left in place the Bridge connection,
Set up DSL, ATM, LAN ip and SubNET mask using my x.y.z.110 address, set up WAN with username and password etc.
I will do some screen shots soon.
DSLstats working.

How did you get the bridge mode in PPOA? On mine when i select PPOA under BASIC>ATM i lose the ability to bridge under BASIC>WAN. Would be interesting to see some pics how you have yours set up. I suspect mine will be slightly different as i dont get static IPs from my ISP but should be a similar setup. As i was saying in the other thread i so far havent been able to establish internet in anything but PPOE and i'm having to use the LLC mode.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything