Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: BT Openreach Huawei EchoLife HG612 2B VDSL/FTTC Modem.  (Read 18318 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: BT Openreach Huawei EchoLife HG612 2B VDSL/FTTC Modem.
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2014, 05:38:32 PM »

PM sent. Help

Received, read and very little help has been provided. Sorry.  :(  A block of (static) IPv4 addresses is something I have never configured. Perhaps you could ask the wider Kitz audience for help?  :-\
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

kitzuser87430

• Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2014, 06:47:41 PM »

@tickmike

http://wiki.kitz.co.uk/images/thumb/c/cf/Screenshot-10.png/800px-Screenshot-10.png
That is the setting for using the hg612 as a router

Follow my post and screenies on TBB forums http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/dslrouter/t/4328435-re-stand-alone-adsl-modem-up-to-date-recommendation.html
Those settings are for using the hg612 as an adsl modem only

The smoothwall wan port (red if I remember correctly) should be set to pppoe  and connected to the LAN1 of the modem.

Not sure about your static IP block, did you read in the manual it was possible?

Ian

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2014, 10:42:30 PM »

@tickmike

http://wiki.kitz.co.uk/images/thumb/c/cf/Screenshot-10.png/800px-Screenshot-10.png
That is the setting for using the hg612 as a router

Follow my post and screenies on TBB forums http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/dslrouter/t/4328435-re-stand-alone-adsl-modem-up-to-date-recommendation.html
Those settings are for using the hg612 as an adsl modem only

The smoothwall wan port (red if I remember correctly) should be set to pppoe  and connected to the LAN1 of the modem.

Not sure about your static IP block, did you read in the manual it was possible?

Ian
I'm not getting on with this at all  >:D when I change some settings it keeps logging me out and I have to press the Reset button to get back in and start again. :(

I know my smoothwall can be used with PPPoE But I never use it that way, I just get the other modem/routers I've used to give out a one of my range of static ip's via DHCP and that's what I will try with this HG612.
The manual seems to say I can use static ip's. I think  :hmm:
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2014, 11:19:00 PM »

It will disconnect you if you change any setting which affects the login (e.g. change the IP address), and if you change the configuration of the ports you can lock yourself out if you get it wrong, or you may need to connect physically to a different port.
  Eric

kitzuser87430

• Reg Member
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2014, 08:26:41 AM »

OK
I just get the other modem/routers I've used to give out a one of my range of static ip's via DHCP

Something I found out in the last few weeks is that when using the latest unlocked firmware the hg612 does not work in router mode.

So

1) Using the unlocking method (not the web interface) downgrade to B030SP06 unlocked (webgui) version.https://mega.co.nz/#F!LdJFDIJL!e_E1twsIg2kTet8mPjrb4w

2) Set up a new atm as in the attached atm piccy.

3) set up a new wan as in the wan2 piccy

4) This is where I am slightly in the dark on the wan page try ticking the DHCP spoofing checkbox you could even try unchecking the NAT checkbox.

Ian

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2014, 09:46:10 AM »

I recommend that you do a shields up port scan.  I never liked the results with a HG612 doing the PPP.

kitzuser87430

• Reg Member
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2014, 12:23:58 PM »

shields up port scan

I port forwarded to close (stealth) the open ports, all others were closed.

Using the hg635 currently

Ian

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2014, 07:53:46 PM »

I use a set of 8 Set IP's (6 usable)
x.y.z.104 , 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111    with subset mask = 255.255.255.248

My isp says
WAN = 104
LAN = 105
Broadcast = 111 What is that ?

The rest as usable and will route through the first ip 104.
                              ------------------------------
I have set up the ADSL setting ok, turn OFF firewall and NAT.

I have set the Lan ip of x.y.z.105    255.255.255.248 ( and re-set test pc network connection to access the HG612 again ).

Trying to set up the WAN is a problem, the manual says
---------------------------------------------------------------
 Parameter Settings
EchoLife HG612 FTTC VDSL NTE
User Guide

WAN Connection type
You can select
one of the following options:

DHCP
: If this option is selected, the HG612 obtains its IP
address used for the WAN connection from the DHCP
server of the service provider.

Static
: If this option is selected
, the HG612 uses the static
IP address provided by the service provider for the WAN
connection. You need to enter
the IP address, subnet mask,
default gateway, and DNS na
me provided by the service
provider.

PPPoE
: If this option is selected, the HG612 uses the
PPPoE mode for the WAN connection, that is, the HG612
uses the embedded PPPoE dial-up software for dialing.
You can choose the dialing method as required.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trying to put the detail in as above in blue , It lets me put it in then press submit and it says the ip x.y.z.104 is in conflict with the subnet mask 255.255.255.248 and tells me to try again .

Also there is not place for username and password for the connection.
any ideas ?. please.

kitzuser87430

• Reg Member
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2014, 08:17:25 PM »

That is a different type of static that some countries use for dsl connections.

See if this page can help http://www.billion.uk.com/edu/VDSL2/index.html.

I have never seen the need for a static block of IP's port forwarding does what i need without overcomplicating things :)

good luck

Ian

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2014, 01:17:04 PM »

Hardware version    VER.B
Software version    V100R001C01B030SP06
Firmware version    A2pv6C038m.d24j

Well I'm using it it basic mode on a test computer, at least it's a start. :thumbs:

On speedtest.net it is showing 3.76 down and 0.4 up  :) that's better than my normal  2.5 Down and 0.35 up .
    Downstream    Upstream
Attainable rate (kbit/s)   5328   984
SNR margin (dB)   7.4   17
Line attenuation (dB)   51   31
Output power (dBmV)   19.4   12.6

I have never had to sow much problems as with this device. >:D
EG you try to set up 'bridge', put all the details in, click 'Submit' then it locks you out, also you put some settings in sometimes it tells you they are wrong other times it just goes back to another setting and ignores your input.  >:( Why ?.

Once you have unlocked it go to basic>WAN and remove the default settings first., then start your own settings.

On this last try I had DSL line disconnected from the unit set up basic settings eg with default LAN IP , with NAT and Firewall with test computer network set as advised in the unlocking info, Next check all my settings again, Then plug in DSL line , It then spends a good 10 minutes with the DSL cumming up for a few seconds then dropping out then connecting again etc.
I got DSL up and could ping 8.8.8.8  but could not ping a WWW address and no internet
Now that means DNS problems.
At Basic>LAN, I set up DCHP with my isp's DNS address's > Submit >
Then went to the test computers network and diconnected, set it to Automatic mode, re-connected.
I noticed I had my isp's DNS address on the computer network.
To test in a search engine put 'Ca't and a nice picture of a cat came up  :clap:, I was on the internet at last, now I have got to try to get it to work with my static ip set etc.
What fun  >:D

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2014, 11:16:04 PM »

We are having fun >:D for the last four hours I have been trying to upload the various firmware available  >:(
It looks like it's loaded, but noway can I get to the GUI.
Are some None GUI ?, or is there a bug in the firmware that puts it back in BT non access gui. :o
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 01:31:37 AM by tickmike »

markbarabus

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2014, 01:53:16 AM »

Some are none GUI yes but they should be named so you always want the "_webgui" named files. You might also want to try a hard reset- when powered on hold the reset button for 10 seconds and release, should be some flashing lights to indicate its doing something so let it finish and then try. I found even if i loaded firmware through the unlock method my settings were still intact so it was necessary to do the hard reset.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2014, 10:42:06 AM »

It seems not to like chromium and opera web browsers (In Linux) may be the security settings  :o, Firefox was better .
I going to try a different approach to putting the settings it today.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2014, 08:46:54 PM »

:thumbs:  Got it fully working with my block of static IP's in bridge mode on PPPoA  :thumbs:, with no drop outs, solid connection,  it's the best I have seen for years on my long line. (51dB)

This time I unlocked it, logged in, deleted Basic>Wan>BTAgent details and left in place the Bridge connection,
Set up DSL, ATM, LAN ip and SubNET mask using my x.y.z.110 address, set up WAN with username and password etc.
I will do some screen shots soon.
DSLstats working.

Device      
Help
Product type   EchoLife HG612 
Device ID   84A8E4-21530315048K16059817
Hardware version   VER.B
Software version   V100R001C01B030SP08
Firmware version   A2pv6C038m.d24j
Batch number   BC1P6.030.A2pv6C038m.d24j
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 09:22:57 PM by tickmike »
Pages: 1 [2] 3

anything