Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Large BT recruitment drive.  (Read 11544 times)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: Large BT recruitment drive.
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2014, 03:29:42 PM »

From our CEO, Joe.

Folks
As we work together to build Britain’s connected future, we’re investing to improve service and roll out fibre. We’ve also become more open and transparent about our performance. Today is another milestone for us.
I’m delighted to announce that we will be hiring a further 500 people – the majority of which will be permanent posts. This is on top of the 1,600 we announced in May (and largely now recruited) and the 300 additional modern apprenticeships. That means we are hiring 2,400 people this year alone. We’ll be able to fill many of the posts from the tremendous 25k+ applications we received earlier this year. It is a great credit to our organisation that so many people would like to join us, and thank you to those who recommended friends and family – it made a big difference.
We are recruiting more people so we can continue to build our network rapidly, and serve our customers better. Although it is hard to feel on a day when the workstacks are high, I do think we are making progress on service. The latest (Q2) performance data, that we share with Ofcom and CPs, shows a quarter on quarter improvement on most of our key service delivery measures, across our copper and fibre portfolios. We're also well ahead of Ofcom’s service level targets for new copper installations and repairs, which we have published today on our website. We’re aiming much higher than these minimum levels, but it’s an encouraging achievement, which we can improve as our new recruits are fully on board and come up to speed.

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2014, 05:17:19 PM »

I see. I hope this will help to cut down on the amount of bodge jobs made by Kelly Communications or MJ Quinn, the more BT Openreach engineers the better :D.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2014, 06:36:10 PM »

Ha ha , I take your point but the new ones will not get the training/shadowing they need to do a good job. It's brilliant that we are in a position to be able to offer full-time employment to individuals, but just chucking numbers at a problem won't make that problem go away.  :)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2014, 11:00:26 PM »

They're untrained morons & I've seen the mess they've made of the PCP which serves us. Its perfectly obvious that they have no clue whatsoever as to why wires are twisted so the xtalk in the PCP is ludicrously high. Vectoring only goes so far....

I walked past a PCP the day that Mr Quinn was working on and I said to him that PCP looks like a rats nest and he gave funny look and he was connecting up some very un-twisted pairs.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2014, 12:27:24 AM »

and the 300 additional modern apprenticeships. That means we are hiring 2,400 people this year alone.

Well done BT.  Theres not many organisations these days that offer proper apprenticeships.   This is good to hear  :clap2:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2014, 01:30:27 AM »

I will apply so I can disconnect everyone at my cab to get no crosstalk :)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2014, 11:06:50 PM »

and the 300 additional modern apprenticeships. That means we are hiring 2,400 people this year alone.

Well done BT.  Theres not many organisations these days that offer proper apprenticeships.   This is good to hear  :clap2:
+1
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2014, 08:52:41 AM »

I will apply so I can disconnect everyone at my cab to get no crosstalk

:lol: :lol:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 [2]

anything