Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: NGA handover for MYCAW  (Read 1585 times)

andatche

• Just arrived
NGA handover for MYCAW
« on: October 26, 2014, 05:16:56 PM »

I wonder if anyone with access to the appropriate information might be able to tell me which handover exchanges the four cabs on MYCAW are backhauled to? Unfortunately they were rolled out too late to be covered by the leaked spreadsheets. In particular I'm interested in cabinet 4, a recently built PCP directly in front of the exchange connected to a Huawei 288, to which a number of previously-EO lines (mine included) have been migrated.

The reason I'm interested is due to the mix of DSLAM types among local cabinets. Cabs 1 and 2 are in the next village (~2mi from the exchange) and appear to have ECI DSLAMS. They were provisioned about a year ago and I suspect they're backhauled to MYSEL, our nearest larger exchange. The cabs directly served by MYSEL all have ECI DSLAMS, so this would appear to make sense. Cabs 3 and 4 were provisioned this year and have Huawei 96 and 288 DSLAMS respectively. This would suggest they're backhauled elsewhere, if the oft-touted fact that DSLAM types are not mixed per handover node?

anything