Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Your area is enabled for Superfast Fibre but your cabinet is not ready  (Read 2155 times)

Berrick

• Reg Member

Evening all (bending knees in a Jimmy Edwards way as i say it)

Is there a way to get even an approximate date as to when a particular cab will be ready if the area already has working fiber?
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional

c6em

• Reg Member
Re: Your area is enabled for Superfast Fibre but your cabinet is not ready
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 06:00:40 PM »

Not really from what I've seen in my county
The local BDUK website does provide a list/map of those cabinets that are due to be activated in the next 6 months, but there is nothing more accurate than that on time frames for individual cabinets.
Personally if I was BT I'd be very reluctant to commit or even estimate to a date for an individual cab'

Edit
I presume you know from the areas' BDUK site that your cab is indeed due to be enabled do you? Many cabs within enabled areas are being left out of BDUK.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 06:48:36 PM »

When I went through this situation fairly recently, I kept a close eye on roadworks.org to check the details of any cabling near my cabinet. I also took the opportunity to have a chat with any Openreach engineers working nearby. (I'm a bit shy about doing that sort of thing, but the OR engineers all seemed perfectly happy to have a chat.) It was one of these chats that told me that my cabinet would be ready to go the next day.
  Eric

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 07:23:38 PM »

Correction!

Evenin All was said by Jack Warner in Dixon of Dock Green at the start of each episode. Jimmy Edwards was in Whacko. I' m not sure if that was his catchphrase.

Dwight

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 06:10:47 PM »

When I went through this situation fairly recently, I kept a close eye on roadworks.org to check the details of any cabling near my cabinet. I also took the opportunity to have a chat with any Openreach engineers working nearby. (I'm a bit shy about doing that sort of thing, but the OR engineers all seemed perfectly happy to have a chat.) It was one of these chats that told me that my cabinet would be ready to go the next day.
This is one of the better ways, But I have also harassed Super-fast Wales on Twitter and found that to be an informative way as well.

anything