Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Line fault after BT working on the cab  (Read 15073 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Line fault after BT working on the cab
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2014, 09:07:37 AM »

Yep something happened on Wed and all the errors abruptly stopped generating.   So I guess they tweaked something.   They still have a task outstanding though which means atm my ISP cant even see what speed Im syncing at. 

I noticed that it seems to be going in the right direction though this time :)  Ive had a DLM change practically every day for a week now.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2014, 04:51:06 PM »

Just a note on this - my line seems to be in limbo atm, as BT still have an 'open fault' that they havent responded to.. and my ISP cant perform any tests nor even see what speed Im syncing at.  They cant even perform a whoosh or check the BT RADIUS.  So are chasing with BT.

BT were supposed to do something on Wednesday - which they obviously did because all the errors suddenly ceased, but Im assuming the line is possibly in limbo whilst they monitor it.   Either that or someones forgotten to close off the fault and not add any notes.

DLM changed again this morning though and has removed all banding, interleaving and INP.

----
btw as an aside... has anyone else ever seen the DLM do its changes at times between 10 and 11 am?    I thought they were supposed to happen overnight.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2014, 05:09:25 PM »

btw as an aside... has anyone else ever seen the DLM do its changes at times between 10 and 11 am?    I thought they were supposed to happen overnight.

According to all the reliable reports that I have read, the "window of DLM change" appears to be between 0200 and 0600 hours. The latter end of that window tends to predominate.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2014, 05:21:37 PM »

Thank you for that confirmation b cat.  I thought that was supposed to be the case.

I was at a bit surprised at 2 changes now occurring between 10 and 11am, which I've not seen anyone else reporting before.
-----

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2014, 05:38:51 PM »

My last DLM change occurred at 7:40am a few days ago, so sometimes it can be a little later than the usual expected time range.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2014, 06:15:41 PM »

Perhaps the "window" has been (is being) deliberately moved to a later time period?  :-\
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2014, 06:55:56 PM »

I believe between 02:00 & 06:00 are the usual times, but I have seen what appear to be DLM resyncs occur at other times (both earlier & later).

This is the timing of my most recent 'DLM' resync:-

08/10/2014 00:45 - RESYNC detected (DS 22399 Kbps, US 4295 Kbps), AS = 37, Retrain Reason: 1

The resync must have occured during the previous minute as the AS value = 37 at the time the data was harvested at a few seconds past 00:45

FWIW, 8 DS LOF & 1 LOS delta values were reported following the resync.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2014, 11:09:11 PM »

Thanks, I just thought 09:47 and 10:47 was a little late in the day to be doing DLM changes :D

-----
PS should also say that the congestion of 20-30Mbps speeds I had been seeing each evening for the previous month, immediately cleared on the day that BT did whatever they did at the exchange.. and Im back to full speeds again..   so IMHO they were messing with something to do with my SVLAN... 

and as a 2nd thought.. I saw BT laying some new blown fibre down the main road..  I should look up the date that was cause I sent a message to someone else about it... but at a guess it would be appx 6wks ago.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 11:16:56 PM by kitz »
-----
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

anything