Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: DSLstats v5.2 released  (Read 13150 times)

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: DSLstats v5.2 released
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2014, 06:32:04 PM »

Thats must be some fast modem/routers people are using if it takes under 1 second for the line to drop and resync it takes my HH3 about 3 minutes from a cold boot  :-\

Mine seems to have done it in 1 minute NOT 1 second!

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2014, 06:36:45 PM »

Update: I've added a graph of SES in the same style as the CRC graph. I decided that it was tidier to make it a separate graph rather than add it to the CRC graph (even though for most users it will probably be blank most of the time).
Presume there will be a 5.2.0.1 update coming soon?

krypton

• Reg Member
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2014, 06:41:16 PM »

...I've added a graph of SES in the same style as the CRC graph...
Does DSLstats collect the SES,ES, CRC and FEC values from the "Total time" section or from the stats above? The upper values are reset during a resync and would not be detected.

...if it takes under 1 second for the line to drop and resync...
A resync on my line takes approx. 20 seconds.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2014, 06:43:01 PM »

Presume there will be a 5.2.0.1 update coming soon?

There will, but it won't be that number :)
  Eric

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2014, 06:47:16 PM »

Does DSLstats collect the SES,ES, CRC and FEC values from the "Total time" section or from the stats above? The upper values are reset during a resync and would not be detected.

It collects those values from the upper section under "Bearer 0", because several modems don't include the "Total time" section.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2014, 11:29:04 AM »

Eric I just got my HG635 upgraded to a new firmware level remotely by TT and since it happened DSLStats accessing the HG612 cannot get an IP address, this is running on my Windows 7 system. As a test I started a copy on Linux and it found the IP address straight away. What command do you use to get the IP address? I can then try to see why DSLStats under W7 wont find it. DSLStats seems to be recording OK.

Stuart

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2014, 12:45:11 PM »

Stuart, it's not a command as such. I have a small CGI script (written in python) on my website, and DSLstats calls this and reads the output. You can view it in a browser:
http://www.s446074245.websitehome.co.uk/cgi-bin/ipaddress.py

The same method is used by those websites which offer to show you your IP address.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2014, 01:23:48 PM »

Eric I think I have got to the bottom of it as its working now. I believe it is something to do with TT updating my firmware which also stopped my wife's laptop from connecting to the internet.

Stuart

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2014, 01:42:22 PM »

Thanks Stuart.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2014, 02:46:21 PM »

Eric I seem to find the MDWS gets turned off if there is a problem either with logging into the router or getting the IP address not sure which as both happened today, once this happens it does not get turned back on unless I notice, I also got no email from MDWS warning me. Is it possible for DSLStats to temporarily turn it off and re-instate it if the access comes back?

Stuart

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2014, 04:52:01 PM »

I'll have a look at that Stuart, but it's quite difficult. I originally did it this way to avoid having multiple "failed" entries in the event log. It may be better not to turn off MDWS but to send an alert, or maybe still turn off MDWS but also send an alert. What do you think?
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2014, 05:01:34 PM »

Without knowing how your code works I guessing here.... Is it possible to look at why you are turning it off and then if it is say because you cannot login to the router or maybe you cannot get to the internet (during a re-boot or re-sync perhaps) that you set a flag to say next time you login or access the net and it works you try to re-enable MDWS? If all this fails then at least log it in the event log, in fact I think it would be a good idea to log the turn off in the Event log anyway.

Stuart

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2014, 05:57:25 PM »

I'll have a look at that Stuart, but it's quite difficult. I originally did it this way to avoid having multiple "failed" entries in the event log. It may be better not to turn off MDWS but to send an alert, or maybe still turn off MDWS but also send an alert. What do you think?

The server connection has been a bit flaky over the past few days and I've also had to manually turn my RPi upload setting back on again several times  :(
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 10:11:46 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2014, 06:45:37 PM »

@Stuart: yes I could do that, but there are lots of different circumstances which can affect this, and it gets quite complicated.

At the moment I'm lacking the energy to do these things and I'm going to take the easy route. It looks as though the best option is to leave MDWS enabled but send an alert.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2014, 09:06:17 PM »

Eric an alert is fine, if you have the inclination later perhaps you might consider it.

Stuart
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4