Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DSLstats second test version v5.0.11 available for download  (Read 9116 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: DSLstats second test version v5.0.11 available for download
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2014, 07:38:54 PM »

DSLStats seems to upload tone data during the minute before the quarter hour

That's correct. I originally did it that way for some reasons which no longer apply. I can easily change it.
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2014, 10:46:39 PM »

As a test Ive just switched off mydsl webstats in HG612_modem and swapped it over to DSLstats.  Seems good to me :)

I appear to have some weird issue with attenuation and mydslwebstats (see screen cap)

These are my actual stats

Code: [Select]
====================================================================================
  VDSL Band Status U0 U1 U2 U3 U4 D1 D2 D3
  Line Attenuation(dB): 0.7 17.9 27.5 N/A N/A 10.8 24.0 37.7
Signal Attenuation(dB): 0.5 17.8 27.4 N/A N/A 10.6 23.8 37.7
        SNR Margin(dB): 14.6 12.9 12.3 N/A N/A 8.4 8.4 8.4
         TX Power(dBm): -6.0 -26.4 6.0 N/A N/A 11.9 7.4 7.4
 >

It would appear then when using DSLstats its taking the following:-

U0 has been taken from my U2 figure
  U1 is zero so possibly taken from U3/U4 ?
  U2 has been taken from my D3

Its not recording anything at all for my downstream attenuation graph.

Not sure if this issue is with DSLstats or with myDSLwebstats or even if Ive done something wrong.

Im also going to mention to tony in the relevant thread that he records Signal attenuation as well as / rather than Line attenuation due to the fact that its signal attenuation that is more likely to change.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2014, 11:11:09 PM »

I've got to get up early tomorrow (day trip to Calais) so I'll have to come back on this later.
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2014, 12:38:00 AM »

No hurry eric.  Have a wonderful day in Calais :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2014, 09:33:26 AM »

I appear to have some weird issue with attenuation and mydslwebstats (see screen cap)

Now fixed. If you look at my stats you'll see the shift to correct values at ~9:27 this morning.
  Eric

DeltaFX

• Just arrived
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2014, 05:30:57 PM »

It works fine - for less than a minute - with my td-w8960n v5.1, until incorrect login name/password is displayed.

Then the program retries  to connect until the modem refuse telnet for 10 minutes. Why does it lose connection ?

Plain old windos xp telnet works flawlessly for hours as long as a command is sent every 10 minutes to keep connection alive. Routerstats works too, except it doesn't seem to know how to extract data from telnet output and can't acces web interface. Dmt( is dead >:D) fails because it keeps sending a sh command the modem doesn't understand.

It seems to me the telnet part of dslstats has issue, not the modem. :-[

« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 05:56:13 PM by DeltaFX »

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2014, 06:02:02 PM »

I don't know if this double set of data is causing a problem at the server end, but I have asked if tbailey2 needs me to disable uploading of tone data from one of our programs.

The answer to that was no for testing as the collection (Gatekeeper) programs just delete duplicate records it detects for any of the uploads, but it's better not to do it normally. It's possible if you have problems wth displayed data, you won't be able to tell which lot of data was used although it would always be the first set uploaded.
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2014, 06:49:08 PM »

It works fine - for less than a minute - with my td-w8960n v5.1, until incorrect login name/password is displayed.

Then the program retries  to connect until the modem refuse telnet for 10 minutes. Why does it lose connection ?

Plain old windos xp telnet works flawlessly for hours as long as a command is sent every 10 minutes to keep connection alive. Routerstats works too, except it doesn't seem to know how to extract data from telnet output and can't acces web interface. Dmt( is dead >:D ) fails because it keeps sending a sh command the modem doesn't understand.

The WD8960N v5.x has a problem with its telnet interface. If you access it manually you'll find that you can only make a small number of logins in a certain time before it locks you out for 10 minutes. Routerstats avoids this issue by staying logged in for the duration of the session, but that's something I'm not willing to do. The v5.x is now shown on my compatibility list as not compatible. http://www.s446074245.websitehome.co.uk/routers.html
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2014, 09:24:32 PM »

Now fixed. If you look at my stats you'll see the shift to correct values at ~9:27 this morning.

Thank you vm eric :)  :thumbs:
-----

DeltaFX

• Just arrived
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2014, 11:43:08 AM »

Plain old windos xp telnet works flawlessly for hours as long as a command is sent every 10 minutes to keep connection alive. Routerstats works too, except it doesn't seem to know how to extract data from telnet output and can't acces web interface. Dmt( is dead >:D ) fails because it keeps sending a sh command the modem doesn't understand.

The WD8960N v5.x has a problem with its telnet interface. If you access it manually you'll find that you can only make a small number of logins in a certain time before it locks you out for 10 minutes. Routerstats avoids this issue by staying logged in for the duration of the session, but that's something I'm not willing to do. The v5.x is now shown on my compatibility list as not compatible. http://www.s446074245.websitehome.co.uk/routers.html

Okay, I get it. Thank you. If i'm not mistaken, it works like this : dslstats logs in, send a command, get the result, logs out, waits for n seconds and repeat, where n is the "sample very n seconds" setting in the config/graphs tab. If i'm right, by setting a sampling frequency lower than 5 times in this "certain time", dslstats would work.  Am I right ?

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2014, 12:57:11 PM »

That's just about it. I don't know what the "certain time" is unfortunately, but you might get there by experiment.
  Eric

DeltaFX

• Just arrived
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2014, 04:30:23 PM »

Well, unlucky me, it seems there's no such "certain time" or it's longer than 8 hours :lol: So I'm left with 2 options: wait for routerstats to eventually understand telnet from w8960n, or code my own software.

Any idea for a good telnet component in Delphi 7 ? ;)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2014, 05:02:41 PM »

Any idea for a good telnet component in Delphi 7

Ararat Synapse works well, although I found it rather slow with Lazarus. I now use lNet (that's a lower case L), which is a lot faster.

I'm sorry I couldn't resolve this issue - I did buy a W8960N v5.1 to test, but I couldn't solve the problem. That may just be my own limitations of course.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 05:05:28 PM by roseway »
  Eric

DeltaFX

• Just arrived
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2014, 10:34:53 PM »

No need to apologize. I know delphi, lazarus doesn't frighten me. In fact, I already downloaded the source code from "http://www.s446074245.websitehome.co.uk/files/dslstats-source-5.1.zip, and rather than coding from scratch the whole thing, I'll first try to add an option to choose between hours long telnet sessions and normal behavior (one session per sample) >:D
Pages: 1 [2]