Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DSLstats v5.1 released  (Read 7295 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
DSLstats v5.1 released
« on: October 03, 2014, 03:57:45 PM »

The main feature of this release is the support for MyDSLWebStats. It's based on the second test version recently supplied, with some remaining tweaks and bug fixes. For the complete list of changes since the last full release, see the Changelog.

Linux users should be aware that support for MyDSLWebStats depends on the program curl being installed. As far as I can tell, the version is not now important.

For Windows users, a suitable version of curl.exe is included in the download, and should be copied along with all the other included files.

http://www.s446074245.websitehome.co.uk/downloads.html

**** One thing I should have mentioned is that the MyDSLWebStats feature probably won't work with Windows 2000.

**** Raspberry Pi version now available for download.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 11:50:01 AM by roseway »
  Eric

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: DSLstats v5.1 released
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 04:27:44 PM »

Downloaded and executing. Data also being uploaded to MDWS.  :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 04:33:05 PM »

Thank you.
  Eric

krypton

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 05:11:43 PM »

Version 5.0.11 was running on linux since 5 days uploading to MDWS without any errors. v5.1 does the same until now.

Does anyone know if uploading to MDWS would work on a raspberry pi?

Thank you.

c6em

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 05:39:44 PM »

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.....

My problems with the Dlink 2640B which suddenly appeared some versions ago and were subsequently fixed have re-appeared in the exactly same form as the previous problems
I was/am using ver 4.54.2 which worked OK
just upgraded to v5.1 - pretty well nothing works.

On v5.1 the only graphs to appear and have data on them is the SNR margin one and the errors ones
All the rest are blank...QLn,Hlog,tones as is the stats tab text which is a totally blank page.
(Telnet data pages are OK with the seemingly correct raw numbers/texts from the dlink)
On the main SNR page the connection rates numbers are all blank as are the uptime lines - but the 2640B does NOT report the AS uptime anyway so that never worked even on the correctly working versions of Dslstats.....which as I distantly recall was the source of the original problem when it emerged.

I think at this point I will go and hide as you probably did not really want to hear from me.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 06:35:22 PM »

have just installed dslstats v5.1 and is currently set as the default mydslstats uploader, all looks well on my setup  :) and just paused while in your download site my thoughts go out to you eric when seeing you have to change the code for 4 different Operating Systems  :ouch:

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 06:43:12 PM »

@c6em: No need to hide. :)   I'll need to check back on what I changed to fix the original problem, then maybe I'll see where it went wrong again.
  Eric

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 06:45:55 PM »

@NewtronStar: Thanks for your thoughts, but it's not quite as bad as that. Lazarus is a cross-platform development system, so in principle I only have to write the code once, then build it for the different systems.
  Eric

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2014, 07:22:46 PM »

Version 5.0.11 was running on linux since 5 days uploading to MDWS without any errors. v5.1 does the same until now.

Does anyone know if uploading to MDWS would work on a raspberry pi?

Thank you.

Thanks for the report.
I'm intending to build a RPi version in the next day or so.
  Eric

krypton

• Reg Member
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2014, 07:54:40 PM »

Don't hurry, I don't have a RPi. Maybe I'll going to get one.
Has anyone here some experience with DSLstats on RPi?

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2014, 09:01:53 AM »

While I have had some "24 hour error stats" issues with various past versions, version with 5.0.2 it was/is working well  :) .  However with 5.0.11 and 5.1 things have markedly deteriorated and I hope you can reproduce the error.

Running XP with 5.0.2 a reset of the 24 hour stats does what it should,  the start time resets to the current time and average errors are reported starting from that time.

This does not happen for me in 5.0.11 or 5.1 the start time sticks to what ever it is on reset.   Likewise when I start DSlstats  each morning the  start time is then the program start time (as I think it should be) but the errors include all errors since last reboot giving silly values.

As I said i hope this is something you can reproduce.  i don't think it is anything to do with my standby habits.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2014, 10:30:46 AM »

Don't hurry, I don't have a RPi. Maybe I'll going to get one.
Has anyone here some experience with DSLstats on RPi?

I have a one sitting here ready with a little touch screen on top for eventual use!
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2014, 07:17:19 PM »

@c6em and les-70: I hope that the file linked below fixes both your issues. It's just the Windows executable, so unzip it and copy it over dslstats.exe in the v5.1 download.

http://www.s446074245.websitehome.co.uk/files/dslstats32W-5.1.1.exe.zip
  Eric

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2014, 10:42:25 AM »

Sorry to report that 5.1.1 is a bit different but does resolve the issue.  It is different as a  reset sets all the numbers to zero, whilst 5.1 did not.  However the counts then don't seem to come back sensible after the reset.  ES has been incorrectly showing zero for a few hours now  and the CRC is showing something but it is an unrealistically low count.  The 24 hours is also still reported to start yesterday morning when I did a test with 5.0.2 to check that it still worked and reset the 24 hours as part of that test. 

Update after exactly 24 hours from the last reset with 5.0.2 the counts restarted correctly from today's date but same time as yesterday. A new reset still behaves as above.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 10:56:43 AM by les-70 »

c6em

• Reg Member
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2014, 11:17:11 AM »

In my case the 5.1.1 exe file sorts out most of the problems but not the up/down connection rate data.

On the main SNR graph page the connection rates up and down are listed as both -1
The connection rate graph likewise lists the up/down speed as -1
On the stats summary page again the connection rate is listed as -1  for both up and down
(the real number which is correctly reported in the telnet data tab page is 14067 down and 888 up.

The other graphs seem now OK - so that is Hlog,tones/errors, Qln, and the other text stuff such as system uptime seems OK. AS time is correctly blank as its not reported by the 2640B, and the stats summary page apart from the connection rates is OK for the rest.

Pages: [1] 2