Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Solved: Advice please on ADSL2+ error issue  (Read 1286 times)

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Solved: Advice please on ADSL2+ error issue
« on: September 19, 2014, 07:54:53 PM »

My DSLStats sample every 15 seconds. I have been seeing period of time recently where my FEC/sample have peaked around 9000 or so with minimum values of 3000+/sample for the same period. During these times which can last 2 or 3 hours the error seconds can reach 2000 per hour and the CRC rate/sample ranges between 100 and 250 per sample peaking at 400 or so per sample. This hapens at different times of day, can be during the night between the hours of midnight and 5AM or as today from about 3PM to 7PM peaking around 6PM during which time my SNRM is around 6db (which is normal). I know some of you are aware I use Powerline devices and the other night I had them turned off to see what would happen and it was the worst night of the week for these errors so I cannot attribute the errors to Powerline adapters. I have this evening installed a SSFP MKIII in case my old ADSL 1.0 faceplate with built-in filters was failing and this was in the middle of the bad patch but on reconnecting it did not make any difference, the errors dropped back after 7PM to the more normal rate which was about 1.5 hours after I installed the SSFP. Ages ago I removed all ring wires and my router is connected directly to the master socket, the Powerline is used to provide wireless LAN downstairs. As I say there is no particular time this happens, it does happen probably more often during the night but does happen during the  as today. Using my non-digital phone there does not seem to be any noise on the phone line when these errors are happening. There are no industrial units anywhere nearby although there is an electricity sub-station about 40yards down the road which is on the likely path to my cabinet. I should add that these error spike were happening with the HG622 previously and now on the F1000 (ZyXel VMG8324-B10A)

Does anyone have any ideas please?

Stuart

Update: Solved see here
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 05:30:32 PM by broadstairs »
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

anything