Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: DSLstats test version 5.0.10 available for download  (Read 11812 times)

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: DSLstats test version 5.0.10 available for download
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2014, 07:37:29 PM »

I'll check out the issue with dslstatssampling.exe, but I should mention that it will only be launched if the HG612_Modem_Stats Co-operation option is set.

I don't know if this helps, but from a fresh start, dslstatssampling.exe does run the first time it is due after 'synchronising', but doesn't run any subsequent times as the program seems to hang.

DSLStats can still be closed down, but it does give the attached error message.

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2014, 07:59:15 PM »

Does DSLstats need HGstats to be running ?

No it doesn't. The "co-operation" option was added merely to try to avoid conflicts when running both programs. If you're only running DSLstats you don't need it.

Thanks for the extra information. I have an idea why autostart might cause a problem, but it doesn't explain why it hangs later on. Could I bother you to try one more thing - could you disable the MyDSLWebStats option and check that it runs smoothly then? Thank you.

Disabled the MyDSLWebStats by un-ticking the tick box.

Ran 5.0.10 again appears to be working and will allow tabing and clicking but eventually it goes busy as advised.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2014, 08:03:52 PM »

Boo it's stuck at sampling with the infinite blue wheel  ???

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2014, 08:09:59 PM »

Right, thanks all. It looks as though the issue is not related to the MyDSLWebStats feature. That narrows down the possible causes a bit.

Eric

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2014, 08:14:54 PM »

Roseway,

If it would help I can do whatever you require in 'realtime' rather than posting messages to whoever can reply.
If you are able to work on fixing this now, just send me a PM and I can give you a call.
Of course only if you have the time.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2014, 08:19:26 PM »

Thanks for the offer, but I'm afraid I have to leave now (I have guests) but I'll look in later.
  Eric

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2014, 08:22:21 PM »

Not a problem, I appreciate you are busy. Thought it might help.

Offer stands if you need it.
If I am free I will help.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2014, 09:41:47 PM »

I've had a go at running v5.0.10 (DSLStats normally runs alongside HG612 Stats 24/7 here) and can confirm that it freezes the instant it tries to sample the first time after starting up (Windows 7) and this is very reproducable. None of the compatibility options help at all either. No uploads were attempted.

Reverting back to 5.0.1 (just by renaming the old exe that had been renamed before upgrading) returns to normal operation so none of the other files that were changed on dumping the zip contents in the existing folder seem to be part of the problem :(
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 11:00:51 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2014, 10:48:37 PM »

Thanks for the info. Every report so far is from a Windows user with a VDSL2 connection. Is there anyone who uses Linux or who has an ADSL(2, 2+) connection who has tried it?

Eric

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2014, 12:09:46 AM »

The 64-bit version of DSLstats 5.0.10 is running successfully on a RHEL 6.5 system.

I am using a Huawei HG622 modem/router and have just selected the device type in the "Modem/router model:" box, ignoring the "Modem/router is HG622 type" tick-box. (To be honest, I still do not understand the need for the latter. If DSLstats knows it is a HG622 device, as it is told by the entry in the "Modem/router model:" box, then why does it need to be told once again via the "tick-box"? Very confusing.  ???  )

Using ADSL2 mode.

So far no problems have been noticed here, in The Cattery:)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2014, 07:13:27 AM »

Thanks for that.

I am using a Huawei HG622 modem/router and have just selected the device type in the "Modem/router model:" box, ignoring the "Modem/router is HG622 type" tick-box. (To be honest, I still do not understand the need for the latter. If DSLstats knows it is a HG622 device, as it is told by the entry in the "Modem/router model:" box, then why does it need to be told once again via the "tick-box"? Very confusing.  ???  )

Sorry if this is confusing. The reason is that, as DSLstats is currently set up, a user can fill in the login details without selecting a model from the drop-down box. If they do that, then the HG622 tick box needs to be there. Previously I used auto-detection with a possible manual override, but the auto-detection wasn't entirely reliable and this led to more confusion.

However you've given me the idea for a better way to organise this, and I'll change it in the next release, but first I need to work out what's going wrong for a number of users.
  Eric

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2014, 07:19:20 AM »

The 64-bit version of DSLstats 5.0.10 is running successfully on a RHEL 6.5 system.

Using ADSL2 mode.

So far no problems have been noticed here, in The Cattery:)
Hi
You are Registered okay with MyDSLWebStats but AFAICT you haven't tried uploading yet using this version under Linux? Any chance you can give it a go to hopefully check that it works please? I'm sure roseway will be relieved  :D
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2014, 07:33:42 AM »

I'm sure roseway will be relieved

Indeed he will :)
  Eric

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2014, 05:25:35 PM »

You are Registered okay with MyDSLWebStats but AFAICT you haven't tried uploading yet using this version under Linux? Any chance you can give it a go to hopefully check that it works please? I'm sure roseway will be relieved  :D

It is true that I have registered. My reasoning was to look at the statistics of others (waves a paw towards Chrysalis, for example). I do not have a constantly running system and do regularly "log out" on this laptop system. So, essentially, I have long periods of "nothing" to display!  ;D
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2014, 05:30:26 PM »

I am much the same as I use standby a lot, but even with big gaps you see the general trends very well.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

anything