Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: DSLstats test version 5.0.10 available for download  (Read 11801 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
DSLstats test version 5.0.10 available for download
« on: September 19, 2014, 11:21:12 AM »

Apart from a few small bug fixes, the main change in this version is an option to upload data to MyDSLWebStats. An additional page under the Configuration tab allows you to fill in the necessary details. You must be registered with MyDSLWebStats before enabling this option.

Note for users of HG622: This option now needs to be set explicitly in the Login configuration page.

List of changes since v5.0.2:

- fixed access violation when traffic monitoring drop-down box is manually edited
- fixed incorrect handling of overall line/signal attenuation on VDSL2 connections
- fixed occasional "List index (0) out of bounds" error when checking for updates
- possibly fixed rare graphing error which caused deep downward spikes in SNRM to
  be displayed as upward spikes
- added feature to upload connection stats to MyDSLWebStats

Notes concerning MyDSLWebStats

DSLstats uses an external program (curl) to perform the uploads. Linux systems will almost certainly have this installed already, but if not then you will need to install it. You probably need a fairly recent version.

For Windows users, a suitable version of curl.exe is packaged with the archive, and should be copied to the same folder as dslstats.exe. Other versions may not work, so you shouldn't omit the packaged version. It will not conflict with any other versions of curl.exe which you may have on your system.

The MyDSLWebStats option probably will not work with Windows 2000.

If you are also running HG612_Modem_Stats at the same time, it's advised to enable the MyDSLWebStats option in only one of the two programs. If you enable it in both, you won't store any extra data, because only one set of data will be stored during each minute.

Please report any error messages or unexpected event log entries.

http://www.s446074245.websitehome.co.uk/downloads.html

{Edited to add note about HG622]
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 06:41:31 PM by roseway »
  Eric

AArdvark

• Kitizen
Re: DSLstats test version 5.0.10 available for download
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 12:31:52 PM »

Roseway,

FYI
Just tried to download from your site.

The link is not there yet. Only ver 5.0.2.

boost

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 12:50:39 PM »

Excellent, thanks :)

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 12:54:54 PM »

Not so good here wth XP.  On starting in a normally minimised state I can only maximise it before it samples.  Once it samples it does not respond but consumes 50% cpu for about 30 secs then dies. 

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 01:07:19 PM »

Roseway,

FYI

Did you look down the page?
  Eric

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 01:22:48 PM »

Not so good here wth XP.  On starting in a normally minimised state I can only maximise it before it samples.  Once it samples it does not respond but consumes 50% cpu for about 30 secs then dies. 

Did you copy all the files from the archive? It works fine on XP here, so I can't explain your problem at the moment. The initial delay before it started sampling could be due to the precise time when you started - if you start it between roughly 12 seconds and 2 seconds before the minute it pauses until that period is over before it starts sampling. A message saying "Brief pause" is displayed, but you wouldn't have seen it if the program was minimised.

I'm going to be out for the rest of the day, but I'll have a further think later.
  Eric

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 01:36:29 PM »

I extracted all the files in the archive and curl is in the resulting folder.  I have not copied curl to any other location.  If I don't try to change tabs or click on it it does not die but if not it remains "not responding and using 50% cpu.  It does at least respond to a close.

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 01:38:35 PM »

Roseway,

FYI

Did you look down the page?

Yes, but it is there now thanks (Refreshed page 13:30)

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 03:06:35 PM »

I extracted all the files in the archive and curl is in the resulting folder.  I have not copied curl to any other location.  If I don't try to change tabs or click on it it does not die but if not it remains "not responding and using 50% cpu.  It does at least respond to a close.

Ditto, DSLststats goes busy [Not responding] in title bar.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 06:07:36 PM »

Same here, but stuck at using 25% CPU (Windows 7).

dslstatssampling.exe doesn't appear each minute in Task Manager either, so it's not causing a problem for HG612 Modem Stats.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2014, 06:39:15 PM »

Thank you all for the reports. I just tried downloading the Windows version and setting it up from scratch in Windows XP, and it works perfectly, so I'm really puzzled. There's just one thing which might be relevant - I omitted to mention that users of the HG622 need to set that option explicitly in the login configuration page. I'll check out the issue with dslstatssampling.exe, but I should mention that it will only be launched if the HG612_Modem_Stats Co-operation option is set.
  Eric

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2014, 07:06:27 PM »

... I'll check out the issue with dslstatssampling.exe, but I should mention that it will only be launched if the HG612_Modem_Stats Co-operation option is set.

I ran ver 5.0.2 and set the HG612_Modem_Stats Co-operation option and then ran the 5.0.10 version and it did not go busy immediately.
It appeared to be working and I could click tabs to change view etc then it went busy and stopped responding to clicks or keyboard.

Initially I had autostart set in ver 5.0.2 and 5.0.10 would go busy immediately. I changed that setting by running an earlier version changing the configuration then exiting and running ver 5.0.10.

Does DSLstats need HGstats to be running ? (I am not because I was hoping to run only 1 of the stats programs)

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2014, 07:23:37 PM »

There's just one thing which might be relevant - I omitted to mention that users of the HG622 need to set that option explicitly in the login configuration page. I'll check out the issue with dslstatssampling.exe, but I should mention that it will only be launched if the HG612_Modem_Stats Co-operation option is set.

Just to confirm, I am using a HG612 (HG622 option NOT set), in HG612_Modem_Stats Co-operation mode.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2014, 07:25:09 PM »

Does DSLstats need HGstats to be running ?

No it doesn't. The "co-operation" option was added merely to try to avoid conflicts when running both programs. If you're only running DSLstats you don't need it.

Thanks for the extra information. I have an idea why autostart might cause a problem, but it doesn't explain why it hangs later on. Could I bother you to try one more thing - could you disable the MyDSLWebStats option and check that it runs smoothly then? Thank you.
  Eric

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2014, 07:26:30 PM »

Just to confirm, I am using a HG612 (HG622 option NOT set), in HG612_Modem_Stats Co-operation mode.

Thanks for confirming that, I was just grasping at straws.
  Eric
Pages: [1] 2 3