Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Plusnet phone feature issue  (Read 4104 times)

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Plusnet phone feature issue
« on: September 10, 2014, 10:06:28 AM »

Having read about Eric's move to Plusnet I decided to take a look as I was thinking of moving from TT. Chatting with an online advisor I eventually discovered that their call features to do not support a permanent number withheld option. For me this is a show stopper as we are ex-directory and having my number displayed is pretty silly, I know I can dial 141 before dialling the number but having not had to do that for years now I dont want a backwards move. I am really surprised they dont support this as TT does and BT certainly used to when we were with them. I'm hoping one of the PN folks might spot this and correct me but the online advisor was pretty adamant.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Plusnet phone feature issue
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 10:26:25 AM »

Ummm.  My phone is with plusnet and it's number withheld.  Permanent and no need to use 141
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 10:30:46 AM »

It's not shown on the Plusnet home phone control panel as an included or optional feature.
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 10:46:41 AM »

Ive always been ex-D and number withheld and I never thought anything of it, as my line just came over from BT to Plusnet like that.

I just had a look too Eric.. its not in the optional features that you can self select.
However a quick search shows that you have to raise a ticket so that PN can place it as an order.

There does seem to be some confusion because its not in one of the options in the Home Phone CP.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,101173.16.html

Quote from: Joanne Pilson

It's not something we offer as any sort of call feature, but it can be added. For that reason I can see that it's not something everyone knows about. If you get through to someone who is unsure again, you can ask them to contact me for clarification.

Jojo :)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 10:48:52 AM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 11:05:21 AM »

You all likely know, but JP is long gone! :(

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 12:15:28 PM »

I think the point I was trying to make is that there are staff that seem unaware of it being available because its not something that the EU can select themselves in the Home Phone CP.    Instead the EU has to raise a ticket.   There will be more staff than JP that know that it can be done.

I never requested it as it just automatically came across from BT like that without me having to do anything.
Hopefully one of the PN staff will see this and just confirm though.
-----

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 12:33:57 PM »

I PMd Bob Pullen who has replied and said he will see if he can get someone to look into it for me.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

Cruise85

• ISP Rep
  • Just arrived
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 03:17:57 PM »

In regards to the Number witheld feature, this is certainly something that Plusnet do offer for no additional cost. At the moment there is no means to action this manually via the members centre, and as such I would suggest raising a Ticket for the support team to pick up and action for you.

Matt Cruise
Plusnet Customer Relations Team