Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: DLM intervention thresholds on FTTC  (Read 2252 times)

WWWombat

• Kitizen
DLM intervention thresholds on FTTC
« on: September 08, 2014, 10:31:58 AM »

It's a little while since I've been on here. Health issues have restricted the amount of time I can usefully put in to watching my link status, or in taking active part on forums.

Which is a bit of a shame, as my link has had some issues since I was last here: A DLM intervention, followed after 8 weeks by a de-intervention. And it was mostly monitored by BE1's software, so I have some reasonable (but not perfect) raw data to do some analysis on.

However, the way the existing graphs are generated doesn't make it easy to see what I need for this, so I'm looking at the raw data, and trying to perform some "interesting" calculations in Excel.

Do we have a reasonable list of what all the columns are, in modem_stats.log, and where the original value came from in the xdslcmd output?

For now, I'm looking at CRC, ES and SES values, but I'm sure I'll end up wanting to look at FEC, RSCorr and RSUncorr later too.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: DLM intervention thresholds on FTTC
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 10:46:37 AM »

I can't answer for HG612_Modem_Stats, but there's a wealth of information about the stats values and what they mean here: http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,10289.msg205453.html#msg205453
  Eric

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 02:05:13 PM »

Ta Roseway. Wish I'd seen that a couple of years ago!

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 03:50:53 PM »

WWWombat sorry to hear you've been ill, I hope you have a speedy recovery.

I have a spreadsheet that BE1 sent me that I use with the GUI, I can send you a link to that tonight if you want. Also if you hover over the values in the GUI stats it will give a little tool tip as to where I get them from.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 12:40:41 AM »

However, the way the existing graphs are generated doesn't make it easy to see what I need for this, so I'm looking at the raw data, and trying to perform some "interesting" calculations in Excel.

See the attached Excel spreadsheets that I use.

I firstly open the template, then open a selected chunk of modem_stats.log in another work sheet as space delimited.
Then I copy & paste the data from the modem_stats.log work sheet into the template & there you have it.

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 12:51:03 PM »

Excellent... thanks to both of you.

I'll let you know when I've figured out some results...