Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35

Author Topic: ASUS DSL-AC68U (VDSL modem/router)  (Read 296718 times)

Dray

• Kitizen
Re: ASUS DSL-AC68U (VDSL modem/router)
« Reply #405 on: October 07, 2015, 05:26:14 PM »

No, you don't want to do it like that. Just change the operation mode on the ASUS to access point mode.

anythingother

« Reply #406 on: October 07, 2015, 05:27:58 PM »

No, you don't want to do it like that. Just change the operation mode on the ASUS to access point mode.

Would have gladly done that if I could find a setting to allow that to happen.

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #407 on: October 07, 2015, 05:45:44 PM »

As well as a link on the top of every page on the web GUI, you can find it in Advanced Settings/Administration/Operation mode

anythingother

« Reply #408 on: October 07, 2015, 05:52:25 PM »

As well as a link on the top of every page on the web GUI, you can find it in Advanced Settings/Administration/Operation mode

This is the DSL-AC68U not the RT-AC68U

Do you really think I would have missed that?

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #409 on: October 07, 2015, 06:07:48 PM »

Oops, my bad  :-[
Sorry  ;)

hacktrix2006

• Reg Member
    • xDSL Stats:
« Reply #410 on: October 07, 2015, 06:26:55 PM »

Thanks bud now i have the TG582N as modem with the DSL-AC68U as Access point for now.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 06:59:21 PM by hacktrix2006 »

anythingother

« Reply #411 on: October 07, 2015, 07:23:59 PM »

Oops, my bad  :-[
Sorry  ;)

No worries, I was expecting someone to say something, so you didn't disappoint. ;-)

anythingother

« Reply #412 on: October 07, 2015, 07:24:55 PM »

Thanks bud now i have the TG582N as modem with the DSL-AC68U as Access point for now.

Good, glad it worked. :-)

anythingother

« Reply #413 on: October 15, 2015, 07:55:26 PM »

What are the recommended stable settings for BT Inifinity?

Judging by the lack of recent posts I assume that everyone has managed to get the DSL-AC68U running well.

Would be good to know the settings you are currently using.

Hoping to get this set up in one go rather then experimenting and triggering a switch from Fastpath or even worse a slower sync speed.

Thanks.

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #414 on: October 15, 2015, 09:35:17 PM »

Not me. The latest unofficial beta firmware didn't help one bit, if anything it seems worse. Racked up over 11,000 CRC errors in two big spikes within 15 minutes of uptime. Draytek Vigor 2860Vac lucky to get 1 ES or a few CRC errors within 15 minutes of uptime.

anythingother

« Reply #415 on: October 15, 2015, 09:57:36 PM »

Not me. The latest unofficial beta firmware didn't help one bit, if anything it seems worse. Racked up over 11,000 CRC errors in two big spikes within 15 minutes of uptime. Draytek Vigor 2860Vac lucky to get 1 ES or a few CRC errors within 15 minutes of uptime.

Could you share your settings so that I can at least rule them out?

BTW how is the wireless performance of the Draytek?

Thanks

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #416 on: October 15, 2015, 10:31:48 PM »

Could you share your settings so that I can at least rule them out?

BTW how is the wireless performance of the Draytek?

Thanks

I've tried a variety of settings without much luck. I always have ESNP set to 'stable' as it's supposed to help against this. The Draytek's wireless performance is excellent, infact on the ASUS routers I've had an issue with one laptop in the house periodically losing connection (most likely the wifi adapter doesn't work right somehow with the wireless chipset in the ASUS routers I have (or perhaps the firmware that operates the wireless chipset). On the Draytek I've never had this specific laptop drop out once.

There's only one thing I've had with my Draytek, which I've worked around:
- UPnP being enabled seems to periodically crash it, perhaps this is related to me using a routed IP block where most people wouldn't, the current solution is for me to not use UPnP at all though this unfortunately messes up GTA Online when I play a heist and if there's a quick restart it times out (I could probably use an IP in the routed block and not need UPnP however - something I'm going to try soon)

anythingother

« Reply #417 on: October 15, 2015, 10:52:44 PM »

Thanks.

My side by side wireless performance tests comparing the BT HH5b with the Asus have been eye opening. The wireless performance of the HH5 is utterly awful. I'm very keen to move over to the Asus as soon as possible but not at the cost of a stable connection.

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #418 on: October 15, 2015, 11:20:56 PM »

There will be a lack of new posts due to people abandoning the device. Several including myself tried for months to get a stable connection but just couldn't. The latest firmware I tried was stable enough but generated a lot of errors. That along with constantly wondering when it was going to drop out didn't leave much confidence in the unit so it was removed. There are plenty better devices on the market now.

anythingother

« Reply #419 on: October 15, 2015, 11:25:07 PM »

There will be a lack of new posts due to people abandoning the device. Several including myself tried for months to get a stable connection but just couldn't. The latest firmware I tried was stable enough but generated a lot of errors. That along with constantly wondering when it was going to drop out didn't leave much confidence in the unit so it was removed. There are plenty better devices on the market now.

Interesting, so which of the many devices have you gone with?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35