Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35

Author Topic: ASUS DSL-AC68U (VDSL modem/router)  (Read 296720 times)

carcuscrae

Re: ASUS DSL-AC68U (VDSL modem/router)
« Reply #375 on: August 17, 2015, 10:52:57 PM »

Can anyone advise what settings to use though?

Its only been running for 2 hours on Sky Fibre and already has 16025 CRC down errors!! Only had about 300 in nearly a month on BT.

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 10:55:07 PM by carcuscrae »

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #377 on: August 17, 2015, 11:01:19 PM »

Its only been running for 2 hours on Sky Fibre and already has 16025 CRC down errors!! Only had about 300 in nearly a month on BT.

That is going to get DLM making changes to the line ASAP...

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #378 on: August 17, 2015, 11:03:31 PM »

Could you have been interleaved on BT but since switching to Sky, A possible line reset so running an open profile at present?

carcuscrae

« Reply #379 on: August 17, 2015, 11:17:00 PM »

Could you have been interleaved on BT but since switching to Sky, A possible line reset so running an open profile at present?

Yes my line was interleaved on BT and Sky is now showing as Fastpath. Is this what you mean and if so what does it mean if I have an open profile?

hacktrix2006

• Reg Member
    • xDSL Stats:
« Reply #380 on: August 17, 2015, 11:25:55 PM »

When you was on interleave it was correcting the errors hence a lower count, Fast path there I no error correction if it's like Adam hence the higher error rate. Open profile I think might meant as fast as the line can go. With the amount of errors your getting DLM will kick in and put you on interleave more then likely S the line should in theory be stable again.

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #381 on: August 17, 2015, 11:44:41 PM »

I would just leave it be for 24-48 hours and see if it decides to stabilise. Don't try rebooting to make it stable, It should sort itself out although may apply interleaving.
The higher interleaving level applied the higher FEC's you will see but lower CRC's in theory.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #382 on: August 18, 2015, 08:49:40 AM »

a router wont affect CRC errors, a modem might tho.

carcuscrae

« Reply #383 on: August 31, 2015, 09:06:19 AM »

Hi

I've just posted this over on the SkyUser forums as someone had the same issue there. Has anyone seen this before and have any advice to resolve it please?

Re: Here's how:- Asus DSL-ac68u working with Sky fibre
Quote Originally Posted by ruddyrum View Post
My Asus DSL AC68U has been working fine for months after initially spending a while setting it up... Woke up this morning and now my DSL connection is disconnected.

Updated to latest firmware, ran initial DSL setup wizard and entered the MAC address. DSL log shows that connection is up, but I ann not connected to the Internet. Further analysis of my log shows that I'm not getting an IP from sky??? Any ideas?

Hi

I've just had exactly the same problems as ruddyrum. All was working fine then this morning I wake up no internet connection. DSL line is showing as up but internet connection is down with a message in the log of 'ISP's DHCP did not function properly'.

So i've plug the Sky router back in and all works perfectly so there is nothing wrong with the broadband on the line. Nothing has changed on the DSL-AC68U but for some reason now it can't get an IP from Sky's DHCP.

What I have tried is to static ip the DSL-AC68U using the IP details the SKY router picks up when connecting. This gets the DSL-AC68U showing an internet connection but when you try to browse a page it gets a DNS errror.

Can anyone help please, or RuddyRum if you can tell me if/how you solved your issue, that would be great as its frustrating to say the least.

Thanks

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #384 on: August 31, 2015, 10:45:32 AM »

It sounds like something Sky have done.

The only time I've had that situation with BT Infinity i.e. no IP, was due to a BT fault in the area.

Though in your case you say the Sky router/modem is picking up the IP address fine? That means either 1. your device is broke, or 2. Sky have changed something in the way they give out IP's.

I wonder if anyone else on the network who use the ASUS DSL-AC68U device as had the same problems. I wonder if the guy who replied to you has your device as well.

So far in the fibre world this seems to be the most annoying aspect. ISP's trying to lock down their network, and generally being either secretative, or dumb when it comes to their staff.

I hope you get this problem sorted. I know how distressing it can be to lose an Internet connection that as always been there.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

hacktrix2006

• Reg Member
    • xDSL Stats:
« Reply #385 on: August 31, 2015, 11:45:51 AM »

Have you cloned the Mac from the SkyRouter and placed it onto the ASUS DSL-AC68U in the WAN Section?

carcuscrae

« Reply #386 on: August 31, 2015, 11:47:01 AM »

I hadn't previously when it was working. I tried that this morning when it stopped but it didn't seem to make any difference, should I have left it longer?

Thanks

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #387 on: August 31, 2015, 02:54:27 PM »

my rt-ac68u is still working fine on sky and I didnt clone the mac.  Regardless the post is concerning.

I wonder if its related to changes they making in preperation for ipv6.

--edit-- I wonder if been on a static ip saved me? as sky manually configure static ip's meaning changes to their automatic configuration wouldnt take affect.

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #388 on: August 31, 2015, 03:03:17 PM »

Remember his is using the DSL modem portion whereas you are using the RT one.

I remember seeing this full reboot procedure. A total copy paste from another forum but worth a try.

1)With the Asus switched on, press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds.
2)Without releasing the reset button, unplug the Asus (pull the power cable from the back) and carry on holding reset for another 30 seconds
3)Plug the Asus back in STILL holding the reset button a final 30 seconds
4)Release the reset button.

Its best if you do the above steps BEFORE AND AFTER any upgrading if you have any issues with firmwares.

If the Asus enters recovery mode then press the reset button again with it powered on then release the reset button. Power the device off and back on.

Following the above is not normally needed but that will ensure ALL prior settings are erased and anything in the Asus RAM or any modem for that matter is completely cleared.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #389 on: August 31, 2015, 03:12:55 PM »

found your post, the other guy was not recently, so both occurrences were not today, so I think you have a local issue of some sort.

I would expect both the dsl and RT model to use similar code for authentication.

However with that said merlin improved the dhcp authentication so it works well with sky and the dsl models dont have merlin firmware (I use a fork of merlin's firmware), so I think thats probably the reason.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35