Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35

Author Topic: ASUS DSL-AC68U (VDSL modem/router)  (Read 296705 times)

moumiaq

• Just arrived
Re: ASUS DSL-AC68U (VDSL modem/router)
« Reply #285 on: December 23, 2014, 07:12:51 PM »

Hello everyone , i'm having a problem with Remote desktop Connection because i cannot open port 3389 . I have opened a port for Utorrent and it works . I deactivated NAT acceleration as suggested in other forums but still nothing . I can connect to my other pc via Remote desktop from home but i cannot connect from my work using a different network . Any suggestions ?

anythingother

« Reply #286 on: December 23, 2014, 08:11:18 PM »

Have you used something like canyouseeme.org to check that the port is actually open?

moumiaq

• Just arrived
« Reply #287 on: December 23, 2014, 08:28:03 PM »

Yes , canyouseeme.org , www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ , show the port is not open although i have opened it in port/forwarding section . The other port for Utorrent is open .I have the latest firmware . Is there any custom firmware ?

anythingother

« Reply #288 on: December 23, 2014, 08:29:58 PM »

Does your ISP block that port? Try using 3390 or another port and check it.

moumiaq

• Just arrived
« Reply #289 on: December 23, 2014, 08:50:01 PM »

I was using my ISP's modem ( Speedport w 724v ) and had no problem , although it's not as good as Asus . I added port 3390 but it shows as closed on www.canyouseeme.org .

moumiaq

• Just arrived
« Reply #290 on: December 23, 2014, 09:05:35 PM »

Never mind , thank you for the replies , i found that my ISP was blocking the port . It was in a subcategory under a subcategory under a subcategory . :baby: Thank you again .

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #291 on: December 25, 2014, 01:35:44 AM »

Through all my stability testing, with spectrum disabled/removed this device has been stable on my VDSL2 connection on near fastpath conditions and an SNRM between 6dB to 9dB throughout various syncs I've done. Therefore I'm concluding that it was the spectrum monitoring which was very likely causing many people stability issues with the modem. ASUS will most likely tweak the spectrum monitoring so that it doesn't demand so much from the modem chipset I imagine. At least the device now appears to be stable, so those who still own one will be very pleased as I am too.

FriarJnr

• Just arrived
« Reply #292 on: December 30, 2014, 12:50:44 PM »

Thanks for the advise, I have a new unit which is now working. Was just unlucky with the previous being faulty!

However, my internet speed is approximately half of what I got through my BT HomeHub. Does anyone have any DSL configs that would address this?

Thanks.

Thanks for the advice but unfortunately it still doesn't work. When I run the Wizard after the Firmware update it just keeps flashing up a message along the lines of 'Please ensure the DSL line is connected' which it is! The DSL line on the front occasionally flashes but that's as far as it gets, I have to click the Home button and continue manually.

I've tried all sorts of settings in the manual config with no luck. I've tried different filters and cables (including what came with BT HomeHub 3 which work fine) and still nothing, as soon as I connect the BT HomeHub, all works fine.

Do you think it could just be a faulty unit  :no:

Cheers.
It's possible that you have a faulty unit. Try to exchange it.

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #293 on: December 30, 2014, 12:55:42 PM »

Could DLM have intervened? That's my first guess. Did you have a much higher speed moments before unplugging the previous connected device?

Post the stats if you can.

FriarJnr

• Just arrived
« Reply #294 on: December 30, 2014, 01:01:01 PM »

Could DLM have intervened? That's my first guess. Did you have a much higher speed moments before unplugging the previous connected device?

I don't believe so, my download with the HomeHub was a pretty reliable and constant 5Mbps (I know, slow :(), now I get around 2.6Mbps (source is speedtest.net via LAN). If I connect the HomeHub back in I get the normal 5Mbps immediately.

Thanks.

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #295 on: December 30, 2014, 01:02:06 PM »

I don't believe so, my download with the HomeHub was a pretty reliable and constant 5Mbps (I know, slow :(), now I get around 2.6Mbps (source is speedtest.net via LAN). If I connect the HomeHub back in I get the normal 5Mbps immediately.

Thanks.

Oh I see, I assume this is ADSL (I was thinking you had FTTC/VDSL2)? Still, if you can then please post a screenshot of the stats page.

FriarJnr

• Just arrived
« Reply #296 on: January 04, 2015, 07:48:29 PM »

Thanks.

Oh I see, I assume this is ADSL (I was thinking you had FTTC/VDSL2)? Still, if you can then please post a screenshot of the stats page.

Thanks, I'll get this uploaded, but what stats exactly? Do you mean my WAN setting, DSL settings or something else? Please let me know as I really appreciate any assistance on this, thanks.

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #297 on: January 04, 2015, 07:49:58 PM »

Thanks, I'll get this uploaded, but what stats exactly? Do you mean my WAN setting, DSL settings or something else? Please let me know as I really appreciate any assistance on this, thanks.

Assuming the LAN IP is still default, this should get you to the DSL statistics: http://192.168.1.1/Main_AdslStatus_Content.asp

FriarJnr

• Just arrived
« Reply #298 on: January 04, 2015, 07:53:28 PM »

Assuming the LAN IP is still default, this should get you to the DSL statistics: http://192.168.1.1/Main_AdslStatus_Content.asp

Great thanks, attached.

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #299 on: January 06, 2015, 09:48:14 AM »

That's a lot of CRC errors in such a short time. You might be being effected by the 'spectrum' process on this device, killing that process via telnet is the solution at the moment.

Enable telnet access via the admin settings page, then use something such as PuTTY and connect via telnet to your router - the telnet login will be the same as your web UI login. When you're in then run the following command:
Code: [Select]
killall -9 spectrum
This will need to be done if you reboot the device, at least until ASUS have fixed the spectrum monitoring process to not cause the stability problems on the modem.

As for your speed, try going to the 'Adminstration > DSL Settings' page, disable 'Dynamic Line Adjustment (ADSL)' and set the 'Stability Adjustment (ADSL)' to '-X dB' (where X is something like minus 3 for example, try reducing it until your actual downstream SNRM is around 6 dB).
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 09:51:27 AM by Ixel »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35

anything