Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35

Author Topic: ASUS DSL-AC68U (VDSL modem/router)  (Read 297373 times)

Ixel

• Kitizen
Re: ASUS DSL-AC68U (VDSL modem/router)
« Reply #135 on: October 22, 2014, 10:29:03 AM »

I'm still on version 2050 with an uptime of over 22 hours, 912 CRC's downstream, 7 CRC's upstream. Speeds banded at 49/15 still, hoping DLM will not keep them there forever and that in a few days it will gradually restore the 74/20 I had prior to using and testing the ASUS.

simoncraddock

• Reg Member
« Reply #136 on: October 22, 2014, 10:31:55 AM »

You probably won't know for another 2-3 days. That's what's annoying about DLM, quick to punish but slow to reward.
Fritzbox 7490 l Plusnet FTTC

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #137 on: October 22, 2014, 11:38:52 AM »

the important figure is the ES.  If thats missing on asus routers I suggest you ask for it to be added.

I had 17k crc the other day but no DLM as the ES was only 500.

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #138 on: October 22, 2014, 11:45:49 AM »

the important figure is the ES.  If thats missing on asus routers I suggest you ask for it to be added.

I had 17k crc the other day but no DLM as the ES was only 500.

Yeah, I agree. I did try developing an application to monitor for CRC changes, sadly the DSL stats are only updated every 10 seconds from what I can see, making the ES untrackable.

simoncraddock

• Reg Member
« Reply #139 on: October 22, 2014, 07:12:36 PM »

I've been in contact with asus support about a number of things today and have mentioned the following...

1. Can ES be displayed in DSL LOG if possible.
2. In DSL LOG 'Annex mode' is changed to Annex Bandplan.

Ardsar, if your reading check your PM.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 07:18:15 PM by simoncraddock »

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #140 on: October 22, 2014, 08:58:21 PM »

I've been in contact with asus support about a number of things today and have mentioned the following...

1. Can ES be displayed in DSL LOG if possible.
2. In DSL LOG 'Annex mode' is changed to Annex Bandplan.

Ardsar, if your reading check your PM.

Excellent, lets hope they can do the above changes. ES (and if possible SES) would be very useful.

ardsar

• Reg Member
« Reply #141 on: October 22, 2014, 09:11:43 PM »

After approx. 20hours with firmware 2050, it went unstable. I had 3 or 4 resyncs in a short period of time. After each resync, the CRC rate went through the roof followed by a resync and this just kept on repeating until I pulled the plug on it. Not sure what to do now..

The downstream S/N at the time was 5.5dB, upstream was 6dB. Surely that is not low enough to cause instability?

What is weird is that when the CRC started to ramp up, resyncing at a slightly lower rate to bring the target S/N back to 6dB didn't help. ?!?!?

simoncraddock

• Reg Member
« Reply #142 on: October 23, 2014, 10:59:32 AM »

Yesterday ASUS sent me a 'BETA' firmware to try address the instability UK owners may be encountering...

Here's a link to the firmware (sorry no change log)

DSL Firmware: 1.0.1.7b testDMT_1022
DSL Driver: FwVer:5.5.1.124_A_A60901 HwVer:T14.F7_0.1 

Download here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3xctZoK6T9HRkd4UHNmdl9WLUk&usp=sharing

Asus ask testers to set DSL settings to:

Modulation: MultiMode
Annex: A/I/J/L/M
Stability Adj (ADSL): Disabled
Stability Adj (VDSL): Disabled
TX Power Control: Disabled
RX AGC Gain: Disabled
UPBO: Auto
SRA: ON
Bitswap: Enabled
VDSL Profile: 30a
G.INP: DISABLED.

Try with SRA ON and OFF before submitting feedback form after 24hrs.

Asus also wish to assure users of the following:

Please also help to inform others in UK that ASUS is aware of the issues customers currently encounter in UK in some cases, we are working hard on a solution and next firmware that could address such interruption issue will be released ASAP. Many thanks.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #143 on: October 23, 2014, 11:48:25 AM »

SRA should have no effect given openreach dont use it yet.

simoncraddock

• Reg Member
« Reply #144 on: October 23, 2014, 11:55:09 AM »

I've explained this to Asus but I think they just wanted data.

I've been running almost 24hrs with SRA OFF with this firmware and it's been very stable for me with just 2 CRC errors on the Upstream.

Max Rate Down/UP jumped from around 74/20 and is hovering around 84/21 today.

Edit: Still going strong at: 1 day 2 hrs +
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 03:04:37 PM by simoncraddock »

ardsar

• Reg Member
« Reply #145 on: October 23, 2014, 03:14:39 PM »

I've been on this firmware now for 18 hours and have had 5 line resyncs and high crc errors. I'm starting to think my line suffers serious xtalk and interference. The interleaved depth is now showing as 1225. The number seems a little odd ?

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #146 on: October 23, 2014, 03:20:07 PM »

Mine is going reasonably ok as well, just wish the CRC's would be much lower. I'm designing a simple app which will estimate the ES, it's an estimate because the stats only refresh every 10 seconds unfortunately. The graph shown in the screenshot below isn't functional yet so ignore that. Hopefully ASUS will implement ES in their statistics output. I'm not using ASUS's settings as yet, but I am using the unreleased beta firmware.

simoncraddock

• Reg Member
« Reply #147 on: October 23, 2014, 03:32:42 PM »

With your attainable rates so high you must be almost sat on top of the cabinet so I'm surprised your sync rate isn't higher, unless the few FEC errors indicate a low level of interleaving is currently applied by DLM.

Either there's a bit of crosstalk on your cabinet which can't be helped or there's something else not quite right.
Not looked but does the BT Master Socket still have the test port behind the face that can accept a standard filter adapter?

« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 03:37:44 PM by simoncraddock »

simoncraddock

• Reg Member
« Reply #148 on: October 23, 2014, 03:44:11 PM »

I've been on this firmware now for 18 hours and have had 5 line resyncs and high crc errors. I'm starting to think my line suffers serious xtalk and interference. The interleaved depth is now showing as 1225. The number seems a little odd ?

Ask your ISP to test your line, it costs nothing and could reveal the cause of your problems. The longer you leave it the worse it's likely to get.

Also as mentioned above check if there's a test socket beind your BT Master Faceplate, could be a bad filter?

ardsar

• Reg Member
« Reply #149 on: October 23, 2014, 03:54:36 PM »

Ask your ISP to test your line, it costs nothing and could reveal the cause of your problems. The longer you leave it the worse it's likely to get.

Also as mentioned above check if there's a test socket beind your BT Master Faceplate, could be a bad filter?

Getting BT to do a line test  ???. I will try. Got a friend with a wired phone so I can try the quiet line test first. I've just changed the Master faceplate (original was a MK2, ive changed it to a MK3) and no difference.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35

anything