Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Accurate analysis of my circuit  (Read 2993 times)

konrado5

• Reg Member
Accurate analysis of my circuit
« on: September 05, 2014, 07:04:31 PM »

This is thread suited to accountig  of my circuit light anomalies. I attach my current Hlog and QLN including upstream values.

I'd like to recall that my Hlog looked slightly different one day (onedayhlog.png without correct upstream values). I usually have 25.0/14.8 dB LATN, that day was 23.5/20.2 dB.

Quote from: burakkucat
Now considering your observations: 25.0 dB DS & 14.8 dB US; old Hlog plot and 23.5 dB DS & 20.2 dB US; new Hlog plot. Unfortunately I can not make any sensible deduction from those observations.  :no:  In my previous response, I mentioned that the new Hlog plot looked the "better" of the two; I preferred the new Hlog plot. That preference was due to the lesser attenuation being indicated in the lower frequency region of the graph -- the lower frequency tones being, of course, those of the US band. Hence my quandary. My visual examination of the graphs makes me prefer the new Hlog plot because it appears to show less attenuation in the US band. Yet that is completely the opposite the opposite to what you have noted . . .
On these Hlogs there were not correct upstream values. I think it is very probable on that day I've had signal reflections moved to slightly lower frequiences of ADSL2+ band (upstream attenuation 20.2 dB instead 14.8 dB). It is curious. One day pavement resurfacing works caused reconnect and slight change at Hlog. Next day there was also pavement resurfacing works which also caused reconnect and Hlog became again ususal as before pavement resurfacing work. Is still abnornality cause unknown? This is specifical abnormality causing sometimes moving graph to left.

Best regards
konrado5
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 07:11:03 PM by konrado5 »

konrado5

• Reg Member
Re: Accurate analysis of my circuit
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 03:19:22 PM »

It seems there is similarity my attenuation graph to the graph in the book on the page 95 in the following link. But is it possible that reconnecting two sections of cable cause moving reflected frequiences?

http://bookzz.org/dl/984278/250571

Best regards
konrado5

boost

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 05:53:33 PM »

Is it possible to repost those with DSLstats instead? :)

konrado5

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 06:26:05 PM »

DSLstats does not show Hlog with correct upstream values. DSLstats shows only correct downstream, because DSLstats does not use diagnostic mode. I've writtent about it in this thread:
http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=14387.0

boost

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 11:57:15 PM »

I prefer the, allegedly, inferior graphs produced by DSLstats :)

Good work on the diagmode graphs though. More stuff like that we need :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 07:44:12 AM »

Konrado's comment about correct upstream values applies only to modems which fail to report these values correctly via telnet, such as his DSL-2740B. Most modems do report them correctly, and DSLstats graphs them correctly.
  Eric

konrado5

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 12:32:04 PM »

Quote from: roseway
Konrado's comment about correct upstream values applies only to modems which fail to report these values correctly via telnet, such as his DSL-2740B.
I suspect it is related to DSLAM type. Some DSLAMs send to modems upstream values, some does not send.

boost

• Reg Member
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 11:10:57 PM »

Can I ask why you have not honoured my seemingly trivial request for DSLstats graphs? :D

anything