Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: SSFP Mk 3  (Read 81140 times)

neilius

• Reg Member
Re: SSFP Mk 3
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2014, 04:51:49 PM »

Quote from: NewtronStar
Thankyou very much neilius that's precisely the picture I was hoping to see, a lot more A & B windings on the toroid and also well insulated from each other.

No problem. Looks like enamelled wire and then the whole lot is covered in epoxy.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2014, 06:45:50 PM »

I may be wrong but I suspect that is a bifilar winding on the torid.  :-\

I was, most definitely, wrong.  :-[
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2014, 06:47:21 PM »

182 per 24 hours is good also, however that 182 is whilst you are interleaved which perhaps makes it not so good.

you can do what les does and raise the target snrm, try setting it to 8db.

pooclah

• Reg Member
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2014, 05:28:06 PM »

Hi all

Attached are QLN graphs from a few hours before and immediately after I replaced a SSFP MKI with a MKIII.  Any ideas to why a bit of the ‘after’ graph is missing?

Hopefully this hasn’t been answered somewhere and I’ve missed it.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2014, 05:51:21 PM »

Welcome to the Kitz forum, poo:)

As the "missing" segment is from the US portion of the graph I would not be too concerned about it. However you could take a look at the raw data that was used to plot the "after" graph and compare it with that for the "before" graph.

It really depends . . . some people, like myself, never see the US portion of the graphs whilst other people will always see it.

pooclah

• Reg Member
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2014, 06:20:24 PM »

Hi BK

Thanks for the welcome & the reply

I just thought it was odd that a portion of the graph disappeared after replacing the face plate when it was always there before, but never after.

I'll take a look at the logs but unless something jumps out at me I'm not too sure what I'm looking for.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2014, 06:29:31 PM »

I would suggest that you compare US Attainable rate (MAX) & sync speed (Path or Bearer) from before & after the swap.

These are my current stats (Mk2 SSFP):-

Max:   Upstream rate = 4121 Kbps, Downstream rate = 21244 Kbps
Bearer:   0, Upstream rate = 4055 Kbps, Downstream rate = 21247 Kbps

They didn't change much at all when I switched from the Mk1 to the Mk2 faceplate.

Also, you could look at Hlog, SNR & Bitloading graphs to see if previously usable tones are now unusable.

To confirm if the different SSFPs do affect performance etc., you could try swapping back to the Mk1 SSFP to see if the missing data returns & then back to the Mk3 SSFP to see if they disaappear & affect other stats again.

pooclah

• Reg Member
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2014, 06:56:19 PM »

Hi BE

I see where you guys are coming from now.

I’ll swap the face plates tomorrow (too many bods in the house using t’internet at the moment) plus the DLM is watching me, which was the reasoning behind the MK3 faceplate.

If there's anything that doesn't make sense to me I’ll post the results tomorrow in a new thread for you guys with a better understanding to look at, rather than drag this one off course because as I said the MK3 was to try and solve issues

Regards Kevin
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 07:02:05 PM by pooclah »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2014, 10:56:30 PM »

rather than drag this one off course because as I said the MK3 was to try and solve issues
Regards Kevin

I think BE1 will agree with me on this one, not one line is identical so it may work better for some and less for others I know it's annoying but it's true, you have just got to try the different configs MK1 MK2 and MK3 to see which one's work's best for you.

What were the issues your having that made you purchase the MK3 to solve it ?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 11:02:10 PM by NewtronStar »

pooclah

• Reg Member
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2014, 06:19:20 PM »

Hi NS

I understand that all lines are different but I was just curious as to why there was no gap in any graph pre the MK3 face plate but present in every graph after fitting it.

The reason for getting the MK3 was to see if it help with the sudden onslaught of errors that hit my connection.

I’ve just got in from work and have a house full of grandchildren, or it seems like it, they’re everywhere, so I probably won’t be swapping the face plates tonight. 

I had a resynch during the night (retrain reason 1?) and some of the missing line in the graph came back.

pettaw

« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2014, 10:02:13 PM »

For me, the MK3 has been a downgrade. I put the Mk3 on 2 days ago and I have lost approx 2Mb/s sync speed and about 1Mb/s download throughput speed. My line normally syncs at about 64000 and my sync after fitting the MK3 was about 62300. Upload speed also dropped from max of 19999 to about 18400.
I don't log my connection but I am one of the Samknows 'white box' testers who has a special router on my connection so having switched back this evening I will hopefully see my speeds increase back to where it was before I switched.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2014, 11:21:03 PM »

For me, the MK3 has been a downgrade. I put the Mk3 on 2 days ago and I have lost approx 2Mb/s sync speed and about 1Mb/s download throughput speed. My line normally syncs at about 64000 and my sync after fitting the MK3 was about 62300. Upload speed also dropped from max of 19999 to about 18400.

Yes pettaw but a loss of 2Mb/s US line sync and loss of 1Mb/s DS line sync could be because you rebooted the Modem while the Attainable Line rate was at it's lowest point.

I do try when testing RF3's and MK2 to match the same Attainable line rate after inserting each device's in place and power up the modem, this way it stop's you getting conflicting line sync's when testing those devices.

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2014, 06:44:58 PM »

Ever since FTTC was installed I left the mark 2 SSFP in place until swaping it for the mark 3.  I just did the test of adding back the mark2 in series with the Mark3.    The test suggests the the mark 2 and probably both faceplates may be losing  ~3Mb/s of sync c.f the master socket.  Tests are with the HG612 capped at 72Mb/s

Mark 3 on its own
Max:   Upstream rate = 23680 Kbps, Downstream rate = 78260 Kbps
Bearer:   0, Upstream rate = 20000 Kbps, Downstream rate = 72030 Kbps
      Down      Up
SNR (dB):    8.0       6.6
Attn(dB):    17.5       0.0
Pwr(dBm):    13.3       5.1

Mark 3 +2

Max:   Upstream rate = 23460 Kbps, Downstream rate = 74888 Kbps
Bearer:   0, Upstream rate = 20000 Kbps, Downstream rate = 72030 Kbps
SNR (dB):    7.2       6.5
Attn(dB):    17.6       0.0
Pwr(dBm):    13.3       5.2

Given that the old Pressac adsl faceplate was straight through for the adsl signal I wonder whether it worth trying that again.  I guess the drop in attainable is due to the Rf3 part of the face plate and wonder whether the loss of 3 Mb/s is worth the benefit of that gives?

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2014, 08:17:15 PM »

I just did the test of adding back the mark2 in series with the Mark3.

???  I just can't see that. No matter how I try, it doesn't make sense to have a NTE5/A with a Mk 3 SSFP and a Mk 2 SSFP "on top". The socket, into which the Mk 2 SSFP is plugged, is via the LPF in the Mk 3 SSFP. So from where are you taking the xDSL signal to feed to the modem/router?

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2014, 09:09:03 PM »

Sorry for not being clear but I was about to go out of the house.  I have taken the adsl/vdsl output of an installed Mark 3 into the input of a second NTE5 with the Mark 2 SSFP attached to that and then the Mark 2 to the Hg612.  It is two master sockets and their respective SSFP face plates in series.  I might have done a master socket test instead but that would have involved emptying a cupboard and moving it!  In a previous post I noted no difference in sync between the Mark 2 and 3.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12