Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: SSFP Mk 3  (Read 81154 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
Re: SSFP Mk 3
« Reply #120 on: October 07, 2014, 11:32:52 AM »

ok mk3 is back in here is data for almost hour, crc and ES close to each other again.
unlike the mk2 I havent loss sync speed and also had no/little effect on attenuation.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 11:41:14 AM by Chrysalis »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #121 on: October 08, 2014, 07:16:38 PM »

ok mk3 is back in here is data for almost hour, crc and ES close to each other again.
unlike the mk2 I havent loss sync speed and also had no/little effect on attenuation.

Just had a look at MWS your crc's and es's seem to have got worse in the last 24 hours.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #122 on: October 08, 2014, 07:18:44 PM »

they were good at first

but its been a lot of rain and I think is killing the line.

I went upstairs and looked at junction box and is filled with water, no lid on it.

The same junction box that has never been checked since years ago.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #123 on: October 08, 2014, 08:05:37 PM »

I went upstairs and looked at junction box and is filled with water, no lid on it.

Thats mad Chry, I know it's the OpenReach side of things but if was me I would be up the ladder and do DIY job on it  :-X

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #124 on: October 11, 2014, 08:06:41 PM »

This I can't get my head around with the SSFP MK2 inplace the US errored seconds becomes more noticeable with a loss of US attainable in the stats during the day time and with the SSFP MK1 inplace there is less US errored seconds and more US attainable 24/7

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #125 on: October 11, 2014, 08:47:51 PM »

Beginning at 0 Hz and moving upwards to higher frequencies, first we see the (audio) frequency band of the telephone service then next comes the xDSL US frequency band.

If the low-pass filter of the Mk 2 is "less precise" then the low-pass filter of the Mk 1 then perhaps the upper reaches of the telephony band manage to "escape" into the "bottom" end of the xDSL US band?  :-\  Or perhaps not . . .
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #126 on: October 11, 2014, 09:40:36 PM »

Beginning at 0 Hz and moving upwards to higher frequencies, first we see the (audio) frequency band of the telephone service then next comes the xDSL US frequency band.

If the low-pass filter of the Mk 2 is "less precise" then the low-pass filter of the Mk 1 then perhaps the upper reaches of the telephony band manage to "escape" into the "bottom" end of the xDSL US band?  :-\  Or perhaps not . . .

So this is normal then ?

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #127 on: October 11, 2014, 09:55:46 PM »

No. I wouldn't think so.

What you really need is the loan of a spectrum analyser so that you could compare the behaviour of each SSFP.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #128 on: October 11, 2014, 10:57:42 PM »

No. I wouldn't think so.

What you really need is the loan of a spectrum analyser so that you could compare the behaviour of each SSFP.

Please no more tech equipment i'll have my hands full next week when the RPi arrives it's got a 8GB Noobs card, the last time I saw that word was when running World of Warplanes and the other team called us Noobs  :D

sheddyian

• Kitizen
    • My Shed Blog
« Reply #129 on: October 12, 2014, 12:43:38 AM »

Please no more tech equipment i'll have my hands full next week when the RPi arrives it's got a 8GB Noobs card, the last time I saw that word was when running World of Warplanes and the other team called us Noobs  :D

Be careful - Raspberry Pis are like cats.  I got one in 2012, and now I have 4, thinking of getting a fifth.  They multiply!

Ian

loonylion

• Reg Member
« Reply #130 on: October 12, 2014, 01:10:59 AM »

Be careful - Raspberry Pis are like cats.  I got one in 2012, and now I have 4, thinking of getting a fifth.  They multiply!

Ian

I have 3 lol, 2 model Bs and a B+

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #131 on: October 12, 2014, 05:27:40 PM »

Ian

Yes cat's are loveable pets until they don't come back for whatever reason lost 2 cats in the space of 8 weeks it breaks your heart.

Think I'll stick with just the one RPi and our last cat my avatar Ceaser he's more like dog than a cat always beside me.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #132 on: October 13, 2014, 09:59:46 AM »

they were good at first

but its been a lot of rain and I think is killing the line.

The same junction box that has never been checked since years ago.

Could you take a picture and show us this junction box please ?? I've never known overhead JB's fill with water.

For info ….. we don't go round randomly checking DP's/JB's …… that would be madness. We are tasked with resolving the issue, only if we are working actually on the plant itself. If we aren't working on the plant, but espy defective issues whilst passing, we can input an A1024 for remedial work to be carried out.
Or ….. as someone who monitors there broadband line every day, you yourself could ring Openreach and raise an issue ??. This will see any defect get resolved a lot quicker. 

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #133 on: October 13, 2014, 01:48:40 PM »

Well i had to go in my neighbour's flat, I dont have free access. I was in there doing something for her, and had a look then.

But will try to take a pic.  It is possible I guess there is a lid thats below the edges of the box and the water was on top of that.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #134 on: October 13, 2014, 05:04:52 PM »

If you (as a friend and neighbour) don't have "Free access", then the chances of us checking is going to be limited to say the least ??

"It is possible I guess there is a lid that's below the edges of the box and the water was on top of that".

Anybody that owns a premises, let alone a million-plus jointing points, will appreciate that halting the ingress of water is nigh-on impossible, especially in underground enclosures. If it's above ground, then none of the closures are waterproof, as the water will drain by the laws of gravity, for that reason there is no "Edge of boxes".
They do have a certain level of 'splash' protection afforded to them (Equivalent, I would imagine, to the electrical regs IP index), but nothing else is required due to the afore-mentioned laws of gravity.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

anything