Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 129

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 567536 times)

nivek1612

Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #1845 on: November 06, 2017, 06:30:32 PM »

I just hope that vectoring does not stop G.INP gong back on or I'll be turning all the light red in no time !!!!
Life is what happens while you're making plans

OPNsense  18.7.* on Qotom  i5-5250U with Zen FTTC 80/20

nivek1612

« Reply #1846 on: November 07, 2017, 10:42:43 AM »

G.INP back on approx 16 hours after the port move. But i was throwing so many errors it was bound to be quick

Life is what happens while you're making plans

OPNsense  18.7.* on Qotom  i5-5250U with Zen FTTC 80/20

banger

• Kitizen
  • TTB 80/20
« Reply #1847 on: November 11, 2017, 09:14:44 PM »

Unable to logon anymore has something changed? Logon boxes are now displayed under the bottom border.

Nevermind refreshed page and all boxes displayed.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 09:17:38 PM by banger »
Tim
talktalkbusiness.net & freenetname
Asus RT-AC68U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80 Meg TTB Fibre

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1502566996147131655

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #1848 on: November 27, 2017, 07:18:18 AM »

I am getting bombarded with resync emails is there an issue

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1849 on: November 27, 2017, 10:25:27 AM »

I am getting bombarded with resync emails is there an issue
Yes, looks like your modem managed to upset everything...

The counters that record the length of time the line has been up had both been reporting figures stuck at the same value since around 14:00 on 26th Nov until 19:26 when the line went down. The line was down until 06:36 this morning when the line came back up but the counters were stuck again - but at a much lower value which then initiated a resync alert. Trouble is it stayed down stuck at the same value and since the system expects the counter to increase every second (or be lower when a resync occurs) that the system got confused by this unexpected behaviour and tried to record and send alerts every minute until another restart/resync at 07:41 got everything at your end running okay again.

You can see the static values on your Uptime graph.

Past that I don't have the time to investigate, it took nearly two hours to work it  out this far! Never seen this modem behavior before though since 2014.... Whether it's a faulty modem or not I have no idea but it seems possible.

EDIT:
Wonder where the 20,000+ ES count the evening before came from? It was still extremely high this morning before the resync
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 10:39:12 AM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #1850 on: November 27, 2017, 02:05:05 PM »

Thanks for that Tony. I forced the re-sync at 07.41  since then I have only had on email which is the one I knew was coming. Have no idea what caused all the errors yesterday but I am paying for it now.

machare

« Reply #1851 on: November 30, 2017, 07:50:53 PM »

If you donate for MyDSLWebStats what benefits are available apart from being able to store more days data?

Can you see additional data such as Traffic for example.   

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1852 on: December 01, 2017, 09:03:31 AM »

Hi

There isn't a specific listing but most of the facilities are explained on the site's Homepage including screen grabs of the improved GUI cf what you are seeing currently. The change log also has some details but is not up to data. I'll try to come up with a specific lost once I can find some time. There is no Traffic data available.
Tony
My Books!

machare

« Reply #1853 on: December 01, 2017, 12:10:28 PM »

My question was really about whether there any additional features are made available if you make a donation, apart from being able to store more data.

What would be really nice would be able to see a list of users and such parameters as their connection speed,  and or SNR margin/attenuation.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1854 on: December 01, 2017, 12:44:36 PM »

My question was really about whether there any additional features are made available if you make a donation, apart from being able to store more data.

What would be really nice would be able to see a list of users and such parameters as their connection speed,  and or SNR margin/attenuation.

You need to look and read where I said please as it's explained there and there's also a Help system.

With the facilities you already have you can see the data you mention and around 45 other parameters by working through the user list as you appear to have found already. If you donate, there's also a single page listing many more important parameters for all active users.
Tony
My Books!

licquorice

• Reg Member
« Reply #1855 on: December 01, 2017, 01:51:26 PM »

£10 is hardly going to break the bank for what is a very useful facility even if you don't get anything extra, which you will.

machare

« Reply #1856 on: December 01, 2017, 04:13:08 PM »

£10 is hardly going to break the bank for what is a very useful facility even if you don't get anything extra, which you will.

I am curious as to how you have found the facility useful?  All the information it displays about my own connection is also available directly from DSLStats.

licquorice

• Reg Member
« Reply #1857 on: December 01, 2017, 04:27:19 PM »

I am curious as to how you have found the facility useful?  All the information it displays about my own connection is also available directly from DSLStats.

But only a maximum of 24hrs worth of data rather than a years worth on one screen,  you can't see other user's information etc etc

machare

« Reply #1858 on: December 01, 2017, 04:32:40 PM »

Thank you.

22over7

• Reg Member
« Reply #1859 on: December 01, 2017, 04:40:28 PM »

I am curious as to how you have found the facility useful?

I find it (MSWS) useful, as someone who struggles to interpret raw modem stats, because of the graphical presentation, that exposes puzzling phenomena. It's an educational tool.

I'm curious as to what you mean by "traffic". It seems almost a philosophical question.  How might that be conjured out of raw modem data, with no knowledge of higher-level protocols? It seems to that if that is a measurable quantity, it can only be something upstream routers could, er, guess at. I wonder (and would like to know, genuinely)  how ISPs that impose traffic limits measure it.

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 129