Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 129

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 565933 times)

nivek1612

Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #1680 on: June 26, 2017, 11:52:39 AM »

Tony

Don't know if this is related or not but for a while now once I add the link to my TBB latency monitor it works fine for a few hours
then the graph stops updating. the monitor on TBB is still working as expected.
Once I create a new graph link on TBB and update the setting in the latency monitor works again for a few hours then stops

If you take a look at my id kwillers at the moment you'll see it seem ed to stop updating around midnight

Life is what happens while you're making plans

OPNsense  18.7.* on Qotom  i5-5250U with Zen FTTC 80/20

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1681 on: June 26, 2017, 01:02:58 PM »

Strange.

The large file you see in the popup is taken directly off the TBB server and it's currently collecting this URL from TBB:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/9779469c16531be336885fdfbf5e7db81a1f8be9-25-06-2017.png

That file has a date on the end - it's the file they generate at midnight for historical viewing. You are only one in the listings here with such a dated file when viewed in real time from TBB. I generate a similar file for use in the multiple latency display but that is stored locally, not on TBB! The small thumbnail looks correct though.

Ah!

Your config entry in MDWS is wrong. That is the URL you have entered there and that's why it's showing that. You need to find the correct URL when you add it with no date on the end.
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

nivek1612

« Reply #1682 on: June 26, 2017, 01:59:01 PM »

Slides off slowly feeling embarrassed  :-[ :-[

You are correct I had indeed used the wrong link !!!!
Life is what happens while you're making plans

OPNsense  18.7.* on Qotom  i5-5250U with Zen FTTC 80/20

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1683 on: June 26, 2017, 05:05:17 PM »

For SHEEPIE2 - MAIL ERROR

You are currently uploading duplicate files but the mail we are sending you every minute is bouncing.

Your mail client is misconfigured and returns:

This is the mail system at host ***.a.mx.globalgold.co.uk.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

***@l***n.co.uk>: Relay access denied (in reply to RCPT TO command)

And the attachment is a notification of a Duplicate upload!

EDIT:
Same applies to Resync mails... Duplicates have now stopped.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 09:19:30 AM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1684 on: June 27, 2017, 11:32:15 PM »

RESYNC MAILS TIMING

Just to say that a load of resync mails just went out at 23:17 after the process that sends them had frozen for about 13 hours and was restarted. The resyncs are real but they all say they happened at 23:17 since they are normally sent out in real time (the correct time they actually happened you can check on the SNRM graph listing and elsewhere). I've altered the code to reflect the actual resync time in the mail if this happens again.
Tony
My Books!

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #1685 on: July 04, 2017, 03:11:19 PM »

Tony,

Posted a query on a new thread a few days ago ref.the MDWS phone app., I now note that the MDWS support refers exclusively to this thread, was not sure of the format to submit a query within this thread, have just re-posted as a reply to yourself, apologies if this is the incorrect protocol.
The query was (narrative copied from original):

The mobile phone application of MDWS does not appear to work on my particular mobile phone, a Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen) running Android V.6.0.
Have tried 2 different Android browsers, Google Chrome and Firefox, results are the same.
Can log in normally but my data is displayed in numerical format only, no graphical display as per the illustrations on the MDWS help pages.

The mobile URL displays full graphics when accessed via my desktop PC running Win. 8.1 with Firefox browser.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Many thanks for a fantastic data monitoring facility, now running 24/7 on my old RPi Mk. 1 B, wealth of information.   
BT FTTP 150/30, BT Smart Hub 2

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1686 on: July 04, 2017, 09:09:22 PM »

I thought I had replied to your other post but obviously not. I certainly composed something but obviously got diverted and didn't  :'(

It's not something I've looked at since it was put on over two years ago but it's not an app though, just normal web pages but small.

It runs fine on all my Samsung Galaxy phones (3, 5 and 7) but I hardly ever use it preferring the normal full web version. However, graphs are not generated the same way as the web ones but use a much simpler jquery library so that's probably where the problem lies. 

Does the main web version work on your Motorola? If it does you'd be better off using that probably.
Tony
My Books!

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #1687 on: July 04, 2017, 10:04:12 PM »

Tony, thanks for the reply.

Does the main web version work on your Motorola? If it does you'd be better off using that probably.

Sorry, I don't know exactly what you mean by this, I am just entering the same URL into my phone browser, either Firefox or Google Chrome as per the "Open the Mobile Version" icon on the main site page, all the information is there on the phone just not in graphical format as it appears on my desktop PC or your help files.

Just tried the app. on the wife's Samsung Galaxy J3, exact same results.

I would appear to be doing something wrong !

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1688 on: July 04, 2017, 10:16:22 PM »

The same URL you use for your desktop PC but on the Motorola in a browser...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 10:18:55 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #1689 on: July 05, 2017, 12:13:03 AM »

Yes, that's exactly what I am doing as stated, could not see any other means of accessing on the mobile, results as reported on both phones.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1690 on: July 05, 2017, 08:06:00 AM »

SERVER PROBLEMS LAST NIGHT & THIS MORNING

MDWS went down at around 22:40 last night. Not sure what is going on but looks like a possible virus (can't find one so far) or something misbehaving. Something is changing file permissions and then deleting one particular file (AV doesn't show anything logged) and the web server fails as a result!

I'll bring a backup online later but have to rebuild the database tables which takes a while. Then set about finding what it is - probably have to take server up and down. You will get resent old notification emails when it comes back up but difficult to stop.

UPDATE at 09:35

Should be back up soon and may also have found what is causing the strange problem.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 09:37:12 AM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1691 on: July 05, 2017, 10:08:30 AM »

Yes, that's exactly what I am doing as stated, could not see any other means of accessing on the mobile, results as reported on both phones.

I'm, not sure from the above you understand what I mean  :-\

Can you run MDWS on your Motorola as you would run it on your Desktop, not via the Mobile link.

Like the attached.
Tony
My Books!

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #1692 on: July 05, 2017, 10:40:31 AM »

Apologies for being particularly slow on the uptake on this issue, the penny has now dropped, use the normal site URL not the mobile link URL on my mobile browser !
Yes, this works perfectly with both Firefox and Google Chrome on my phone.

Could the mobile app. issue be associated with the fact that Adobe Flash is no longer used / supported on Android, it certainly seems to be something associated with graphic's resolution, I have been trying to install the last archieved Android version available on my phone, it's supposed to be possible but I have not managed to achieve this yet.

I appreciate that it was very likely a bad time to bother you last night with the site issues, it's great to see it up and running again this morning, your dedication in maintaining this facility is very much appreciated. 

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1693 on: July 05, 2017, 11:25:03 AM »

Okay  :cool:

No Flash is not used at all but a good thought.
Tony
My Books!

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #1694 on: July 05, 2017, 01:06:47 PM »

Perhaps a screen shot of what you are seeing - "just numbers" - would help?
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 129