Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 129

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 567297 times)

nivek1612

Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #1635 on: April 29, 2017, 12:07:23 PM »

Hope you manage to fix it Tony but at the end of the day your own sanity is worth more than stats ever will be

Best of luck anyway 
Life is what happens while you're making plans

OPNsense  18.7.* on Qotom  i5-5250U with Zen FTTC 80/20

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #1636 on: April 29, 2017, 01:49:10 PM »

MDWS PROBLEMS

Thanks for the mails from various users since Wednesday that there is an ongoing problem with emailed resync and other alerts/responses. In fact there are a lot more problems than that happening with quite a few internal routines not working at all for no obvious reason and I've spent a lot of time yesterday and into the small hours trying to fathom out what is wrong with no answers. This all started after a large batch of Window Updates were applied on the morning of the 26th mostly security fixes. There were no other changes.

I'm going to try various options at restring a working version but If that doesn't succeed then it's highly likely that will be the end of MDWS as a facility and it will not be resurrected. I'm already highly stressed out with other matters, and now this, and something has to go.

Apologies. I'll leave it running as is until I can see some hope of success or otherwise.
Not had any erroneous alert emails myself & didn't know there were any issues with MDWS

Jasonkruys

• Reg Member
« Reply #1637 on: April 29, 2017, 08:43:16 PM »

Good luck Tony. Everyone appreciates your efforts!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1638 on: April 30, 2017, 11:23:28 AM »

MDWS UPDATE

Sorry not to reply but thought it better to concentrate on fixing things.... Thanks for all the comments and for bearing with me.

Good News  - I'm hoping it's now all running again as intended from around 30 mins ago  :cool:

Attempting to roll back the Window Updates (and some would not do so) despite using Safe Mode, resulted in a permanent startup reboot loop.. So decided on recovering a machine backup from a few days before the problems started, then updating to the 29th from various separate overnight data/code/sql dumps I have here to keep data loss to a minimum. I've made a few essential Window Updates with no bad effects but I will need to do more so restarts will be needed.

The main problem with the lack of alert mails seems to be with Windows Tasks - I won't go into it in detail but there are about 40 of them running in the backgroundand normally no problem. However sometime in the past month or so a number had stopped working or were erratic (but I hadn't made any changes via Task Scheduler). Task Scheduler itself says the are running with successful exit code (0x0) but the code within the php files isn't actually being run! If I take the php file and run it in a browser window it works okay.... Among them were three that handle the Upload Failure alerts, Resync Alerts and one that mails me other detected problems..... So for the moment they are being run separately in a browser.

I've also updated the Email client and this is now handled securely in both directions if supported at both ends.

Also reinstated Registrations which had been turned off.

User Too-Slow
You have a problem, apparently at your end but I don't know what it is causing it I'm afraid. I see this message occasionally from the Fast CGI process that handles the data uploads (one process allocated per upload) but in your case it's happening to a majority of your uploads today - maybe something timing out at your end?:

Code: [Select]
Partial results are valid but processing is incomplete: [client nn.nnn.nn.nnn:nnnnn] mod_fcgid: can't get data from http client

which results in no upload data.

Thanks  :)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 11:45:42 AM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

nivek1612

« Reply #1639 on: April 30, 2017, 11:32:58 AM »

Nice One Tony

I have my stats working nicely again now  ;D
Life is what happens while you're making plans

OPNsense  18.7.* on Qotom  i5-5250U with Zen FTTC 80/20

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #1640 on: April 30, 2017, 11:44:23 AM »

Well done Tony. I felt for you yesterday.
  Eric

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #1641 on: April 30, 2017, 11:46:40 AM »

Thanks Tony for your work! - it is appreciated.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #1642 on: April 30, 2017, 02:36:21 PM »

great tony :)

Jasonkruys

• Reg Member
« Reply #1643 on: April 30, 2017, 07:53:29 PM »

Good Work! Much appreciated by all.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1644 on: May 02, 2017, 08:00:51 AM »

MDWS DOWN AGAIN  ???

It never rains but ....

For the past 12 hours or so MDWS has been unable to process/save a large number of uploads ... During a newly scheduled system backup (of the newly rescued version) early this morning drive C: was reported as being corrupt and a bit later the system failed completely...

Currently repairing the disc and will take a backup afterwards if it starts up but it will be offline for some time as a result plus I have to go out for some hours.

UPDATE 08:40
System started up okay after repair and Webserver / Database both running okay. Down still while backup runs.

UPDATE 09:08
Up again so see what happens....
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 09:09:27 AM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #1645 on: May 02, 2017, 09:10:28 AM »

Hi tony

Kudos to you

If it helps you, I can courier you an old rackmount poweredge 2500 so you could maybe separate the database or use as you decide

If you wish to take this up, please pm and I'll organise asap

Many thanks

John

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1646 on: May 02, 2017, 12:32:20 PM »

TRY AGAIN

Thanks for the offer but I do have spare machines if needed. This is primarily a software problem though.

It seems that the corrupted/repaired disk managed to zero several database tables (12GB worth!) along the way which is what caused the abortive startup a few hours back. Then MySQL wouldn't start up at all as there were so many missing files.

I've managed to resurrect it all but I'd better not say it's working for a while yet  :-X

I can see a lot of duplicate upload errors for tenbyboy2 but not sure why currently.  No one else appears to have any at the moment. Yes, there are definitely two upload instances of DSLstats running 8 secs apart....

There may well be other missing data  - I know there is a big hole between 20th Apr and 29th Apr if you use the Range option and it's not recoverable.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 12:42:21 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1647 on: May 03, 2017, 10:12:08 AM »

Just to say that as all appears to be running well, I've started a system backup so there is one - these are normally run earlier at around 06:00 and at this time may cause some upload disruption at times...
Tony
My Books!

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #1648 on: May 03, 2017, 10:15:12 AM »

Hi tony

Kudos to you and sorry, I think you may have said over servers a long time ago. It's an age thing sorry

Many thanks

John

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #1649 on: May 03, 2017, 10:33:40 AM »

It's all been running smoothly since yesterday, as seen from here.
  Eric
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 129

anything