Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 129

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 571693 times)

ktz392837

• Reg Member
Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #1545 on: December 31, 2016, 01:08:44 PM »

I rather agree with Tony's last comment. The information is available by consulting the monitoring program directly.
Never mind I mustn't be explaining very well.  For example, if it is in the monitoring program how can I view your value surely it needs publishing on the MDWS site - is it already there and I am just not seeing the obvious?

I just thought it would be a nice indication of the expected (hoped) rollout of 3db targets.  If time does not permit enhancements that is understandable however.

I really valued the all user stats when gimp was rolled out and back in again so having this data was of great use to understand what btor was doing and gave hope especially to eci cab users.

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #1546 on: December 31, 2016, 01:40:23 PM »

Happy new Year Tony and thanks for all the great facilities in 2016

Tony :P :P :P
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

licquorice

• Reg Member
« Reply #1547 on: December 31, 2016, 01:55:09 PM »

I would use it and think it would be useful for other users anyone else agree?

No, sorry, can't see any point to it.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #1548 on: December 31, 2016, 03:00:59 PM »

Never mind I mustn't be explaining very well.  For example, if it is in the monitoring program how can I view your value surely it needs publishing on the MDWS site - is it already there and I am just not seeing the obvious?

I just thought it would be a nice indication of the expected (hoped) rollout of 3db targets.  If time does not permit enhancements that is understandable however.

I didn't explain very well either. By looking at the SNRM values which are collected by the monitoring programs you can see what the SNRM was shortly after a resync, which is as near to the target SNRM as you're going to get. If the modem is already in sync before you start the monitoring program running, then the information isn't available. If you're uploading continuously to MDWS, then the same information is available there, by inspection of the graphs.

I'll add just one caveat to this: some modem/routers report the initial SNRM value in their logs, and this should be very close to the target value. You might be lucky there.
  Eric

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #1549 on: December 31, 2016, 06:20:07 PM »

I think I understand what you're asking for, to be notified if DLM sets a 3dB snrm target. I don't know how it would even be possible to tell the difference between a line with a 3dB target and a line that simply resynced with a lower snrm. This happens all the time, particularly after power cuts or a DSLAM reboot.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #1550 on: December 31, 2016, 06:56:16 PM »

Do you mean instances when the current SNRM has already fallen by the time the first stats are collected?

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #1551 on: December 31, 2016, 07:36:43 PM »

the stats program by BE I think simply collects once per minute, regardless of when a sync took place, since it runs remote to the modem it cannot know to do a stat run right at the sync event.  I think using the first stat after sync would not be reliable enough to see if its a changed snrm target as we have seen multiple times in the past the temporary conditions that can make a target snrm appear to have changed can be extremely short lived.

amstel

• Just arrived
« Reply #1552 on: January 10, 2017, 06:07:12 PM »

Hello guys

I am very pleased with MDWS, a great work.
I have a small issue which only affect I think ADSL users and SNRM data.
If I choose 10 days for SNRM then everything is fine and I can zoom to even 1h.
But if choose any period less than 10 days it shows a blank diagram.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1553 on: January 10, 2017, 08:51:40 PM »

Hi

Your SNRM graph display seems okay at the moment. The lack of any SNRM plots is probably due to the erratic data uploading that started earlier before you reported it. I've only seen this lack of any plots once before but never found the reason unfortunately.

I doubt it's due to it being an ADSL line, the SNRM plot is the only one that has the original data modified while plotting to show any discontinuities in the graph but it's dependent on there being sufficient current uploads to work properly which may not have been the case when you looked at it.

I'll leave it to others to pronounce on why it appears as it does but looks like a bad/intermittent connection somewhere maybe?
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #1554 on: January 10, 2017, 10:36:45 PM »

I have recently changed my PC used to upload my stats and for a couple of uploads the PC date was set to October 2017  :cool: Yes I have a time machine  ;) However it has messed up my stats display so can you please remove the offending uploads for me please? It is uploading OK now and I can see my current stats but only by selecting the past 360 days!

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1555 on: January 11, 2017, 08:35:12 AM »

Fixed.
Tony
My Books!

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #1556 on: January 11, 2017, 10:03:03 AM »

Thanks Tony...

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

lloyd

• Reg Member
« Reply #1557 on: January 17, 2017, 01:22:51 PM »

I wonder if I have found an issue where the traffic lights on the graph pages don't agree with the popup?  Or am I missing something?

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1558 on: January 18, 2017, 08:37:25 AM »

You are missing something...

The lights on the graph are for 'Past 24 Hours' as it says. You have the pop-up set to 'Today Cumulative'.
Tony
My Books!

lloyd

• Reg Member
« Reply #1559 on: January 18, 2017, 01:15:32 PM »

You are missing something...

The lights on the graph are for 'Past 24 Hours' as it says. You have the pop-up set to 'Today Cumulative'.
Of course.  I should never had doubted it.   I'm ashamed to admit that I had not spotted the selector on the pop-up.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 129

anything