Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 129

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 567207 times)

tommy45

• Reg Member
Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #1230 on: March 27, 2016, 04:05:33 AM »

Looks like something has happened as all users are reported as being down by MDWS

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #1231 on: March 27, 2016, 07:13:49 AM »

Data is still being uploaded and showing in the graphs, but is reported as being down since the present time. This is presumably related to the time change, and I know that DSLstats doesn't handle the time change properly, and is probably an hour out until it's stopped and restarted. But as you say, this seems to apply to everybody.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #1232 on: March 27, 2016, 08:57:34 AM »

Having seen these comments this morning I restarted DSLStats and then got the upload OK message from MDWS.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

Starman

• Reg Member
« Reply #1233 on: March 27, 2016, 09:24:04 AM »

Had an GMT error msg on MDSLS - restarted DSLSRpi and forced a manual fresh of the website - error disappeared :)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 10:23:43 AM by Starman »

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1234 on: March 27, 2016, 09:26:05 AM »

Okay I admit guilt - there is a clock change calendar and it was a day out (tomorrow)  :-[

Okay now BUT there are some 45 users with the clock an hour slow (mostly DSLstats) so you need to stop and restart that assuming the equipment clock is set okay. The list of uploading users at the bottom of the main window will show a double red asterisk against a user name if the clock is one hour slow (which is an invalid time zone) username**
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1235 on: March 28, 2016, 07:59:41 AM »

POWER OUTAGE 01:40 - 07:15

Had to disappear out on on a crisis yesterday and got back to find the power had gone down at 01:40 this morning after the UPS gave out when our sub-station tripped. Back up now okay at 07:15 but winds still have potential for it to happen again before this afternoon. Trees down all over the place here.

Most people have reconnected but there are still loads of people with bad clock times who are still on GMT. Mostly DSLstats where you will need to close down the program and restart to fix (known bug).
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 08:25:15 AM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

Starman

• Reg Member
« Reply #1236 on: March 28, 2016, 08:37:02 AM »

Given the winds today around the country I can't say I'm surprised :)

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #1237 on: March 28, 2016, 07:09:50 PM »

Hi,

I don't seem able to change my password for logging on. Once I have used the reset email details and enter a new password I always get the error message invalid memorable phrase? - I know its the right one as the reminder page tells me what I used originally..

Any help appreciated as I keep on having to use a temporary password..
thanks

Invalid Memorable Phrase
Password Change   Enter your Memorable Phrase   

Enter your new Password   

Repeat your new Password   

Change Password   min 8 max 18 chars

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1238 on: March 28, 2016, 08:17:31 PM »

I don't seem able to change my password for logging on. Once I have used the reset email details and enter a new password I always get the error message invalid memorable phrase? - I know its the right one as the reminder page tells me what I used originally..
This is/was a problem that was fixed earlier this month but your registrations precede the fix. The Memorable Phrase is now enforced as unique amongst all users but wasn't when you registered. You have two registrations so it's coming up with the wrong user when it tries to ID you....

I've changed your current skyECI one and will PM you...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 06:46:26 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #1239 on: March 28, 2016, 11:03:39 PM »

and I know that DSLstats doesn't handle the time change properly, and is probably an hour out until it's stopped and restarted. But as you say, this seems to apply to everybody.

Even my RPi clock was off by 1 hour so don't just put this down to your software the RPi is supposed to update it's clock via on line ethernet but it does not during time changes.

The only way is to use the command sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata think I posted this the last time the clocks changed and select Europe and London this will correct the time shown on the RPI

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #1240 on: March 29, 2016, 06:11:20 PM »

Apologies if this has been suggested before, but wouldn't it be better to store all the times in UTC (which doesn't change for summer time), and display them to the user in their local time zone?

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #1241 on: March 29, 2016, 07:10:46 PM »

Apologies if this has been suggested before, but wouldn't it be better to store all the times in UTC (which doesn't change for summer time), and display them to the user in their local time zone?

It can be very confusing with software as the UK uses DST daylight saving time from March to October or even called BST British Summer time.

even selecting UTC/GMT when using calculators and converters for the UK will lead to incorrect results during the summer months when DST is in use.

I have seen rumours that GMT might be abandoned.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1242 on: March 29, 2016, 07:58:33 PM »

An idea but would take a totally inordinate amount of time and effort to implement and it wouldn't fix a problem caused twice a year by a bug in 3rd party software/hardware (that of the RPi). It works as it stands except for the RPi being unable to return the correct time after a GMT/BST change without manual intervention....
It would be far easier to ban the Rpi from MDWS if it's a problem for anyone  >:D
Tony
My Books!

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #1243 on: March 29, 2016, 08:22:34 PM »

I changed my own stats scripts to record everything in UTC to avoid problems with the time jumping forward or back.

Also I just switched on my Pi 2, it had the correct time and timezone (BST). But then I installed Fedora on it rather than Raspbian.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #1244 on: March 29, 2016, 09:04:17 PM »

Also I just switched on my Pi 2, it had the correct time and timezone (BST).

You have just given the answer the RPi will change the time to +1 hour when it has been rebooted or switched on from a cold boot, it's when the RPi has been up and running during the clock change it will not adjust the time automatically.

It would help if the RPi had a chronometer built in then software and hardware could interrogate each other and come up with the right time
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 129