Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 129

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 565928 times)

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #1170 on: February 16, 2016, 02:46:19 PM »

It may be going into hibernation William, if it is change the power management settings.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1171 on: February 16, 2016, 03:11:00 PM »

Some people using DSLstats do miss uploads every so often but why is a mystery in most cases.

One reason though as suggested can be Sleep or Hibernation as it happened to me on an ADSL line on a machine that slept overnight but unloading and reloading DSLstats afterwards stopped it happening (until next time). I am not aware of any problems with the overall system that cause it, the occasional upload just does not arrive at the server for some people. I don't believe the DSLstats logs show anything in these cases though.

I don't see any missing data when uploading directly to the server or on another line I monitor have that is remotely connected 24 hours a day, both using DSLstats.
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
    • Newton Poppleford Weather
« Reply #1172 on: February 16, 2016, 03:18:29 PM »

Some people using DSLstats do miss uploads every so often but why is a mystery in most cases.

One reason though as suggested can be Sleep or Hibernation as it happened to me on an ADSL line on a machine that slept overnight but unloading and reloading DSLstats afterwards stopped it happening (until next time). I am not aware of any problems with the overall system that cause it, the occasional upload just does not arrive at the server for some people. I don't believe the DSLstats logs show anything in these cases though.

I don't see any missing data when uploading directly to the server or on another line I monitor have that is remotely connected 24 hours a day, both using DSLstats.

Yes, my PC never hibernates, it's always on as hibernation caused a problem on another program I have used.

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
« Reply #1173 on: February 17, 2016, 04:30:29 PM »

I have another question. I had 3 CRC's at 13:16 but this didn't count as 3 ES. Any ideas?

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #1174 on: February 17, 2016, 04:38:37 PM »

Quite possibly because those three CRCs all occurred within one second. An errored second (ES) is a second in which one or more uncorrected errors occurred.
  Eric

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
« Reply #1175 on: February 17, 2016, 04:47:14 PM »

Quite possibly because those three CRCs all occurred within one second. An errored second (ES) is a second in which one or more uncorrected errors occurred.

Ah, but it shows 0 ES on the ES graph not even 1.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1176 on: February 17, 2016, 06:05:36 PM »

Ah but it does show 1....

As explained on the graph when the running totals are displayed (and in a post somewhere), the figure for 13:00 is actually the ES for the period 13:00- 13:59 and that shows the one single ES. The far right plot is always inaccurate until the next hour starts or the day ends. Usually it's of no consequence in practice as we are only worried about ES counts in the high 100s or even 1000s for the DLM to react at the end of the day.
Tony
My Books!

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
« Reply #1177 on: February 21, 2016, 08:41:34 PM »

May I ask but does the ES graph use data from accumulated real time data or from history e.g. is my ES wrong for today due to data problems?

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #1178 on: February 21, 2016, 09:32:01 PM »

May I ask but does the ES graph use data from accumulated real time data or from history e.g. is my ES wrong for today due to data problems?

I think it does the way TB has set this up if you have 1 errored second at the time you switch off your modem say for 8 hours it will equal 1 errored second for each hour = 8 ES during the modem off period in that case it's not real-time data as the modem has been off.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 09:34:13 PM by NewtronStar »

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1179 on: February 21, 2016, 09:45:03 PM »

No that isn't the way it works. The one errored second stays as just that, nothing else is recorded until the line is up again and the hour that that is in will only be partially accurate due to missing data. There is no 'guesstimate' of missing data anywhere in the system.
Tony
My Books!

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #1180 on: February 21, 2016, 10:02:56 PM »

No that isn't the way it works. The one errored second stays as just that, nothing else is recorded until the line is up again and the hour that that is in will only be partially accurate due to missing data. There is no 'guesstimate' of missing data anywhere in the system.

That is not the way are graphs see it for example ES it increases DS/US keeps increasing when we stop logging into MDWS

example below

« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 10:19:55 PM by NewtronStar »

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1181 on: February 21, 2016, 10:41:34 PM »

That is not the way are graphs see it for example ES it increases DS/US keeps increasing when we stop logging into MDWS
Nope, that is not what is happening. You appear to be misreading the way graphs are constructed.

If you have two points to plot, a Google Line Chart just connects a straight line between them so if the gap is umpteen hours and the second point has some error seconds, there will be a slowly rising line between the two which is what I believe you are seeing and the system has been like that since day one.

Try running your cursor along the line of an ES plot with missing data such as William's. You'll only see plot points where there is data, not in between on the hourly divisions as there would be if you were correct. The value plotted are taken straight out of a database table and if no data was uploaded, there is no data to retrieve from that table.

The only place this does not happen is with the SNRM graphs for the shorter time periods where I spent a LOT of time rewriting the Google code to remove the joining up during periods of no uploads so it was clear when there were no uploads (which is why you can often see gaps!)  It has been explained before I believe.

It's clearer if the chart is drawn as a Column chart rather than a Line chart as the gaps are then obvious - but Google is a bit weird with the width of the bars and they are often very thin which is why they are currently shown as Line charts. See attached examples.

BTW this is off my local dev system and this has flags for each user's Country. I am considering putting this live with options to hide them or not show your own etc etc.

We have quite a few overseas users - notably one currently in the Cayman Islands (steubing @ -5 hours) who seems to have an example of a totally unmanaged FTTC line with enormous error counts but no form of divine or man made intervention....
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 10:57:25 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #1182 on: February 21, 2016, 11:18:04 PM »

If you have two points to plot, a Google Line Chart just connects a straight line between them so if the gap is umpteen hours and the second point has some error seconds, there will be a slowly rising line between the two which is what I believe you are seeing and the system has been like that since day one.

Sorry to be the one to tell you the google line chart saves the last point of reference then accumulates this point each hour and so on after the user has logged off.

If you had 2 DS errored seconds and switched off for 24 hours the google graphs would show 48 errored DS seconds

you had it right before where it was just showing a straight line when the user was offline just seems the google prediction thingy is weired which we don't need as most users are on 24/7

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1183 on: February 21, 2016, 11:32:44 PM »

Well if that's what you want to believe then fine.  I suggest though that whatever you are on you stop taking it  ???

Edit:
To demonstrate that on the attached graph, on your theory the earlier ES count of 16 at 08:00 would have risen, by the time the next available plot at 17:00 was reached  9 hours later, by 144! It's actually gone up by 2 as that was the count for that partial hour and has been added on...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 11:41:06 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #1184 on: February 21, 2016, 11:42:19 PM »

I suggest though that whatever you are on you stop taking it  ???

Cipralex 10mg would need to consult with DR before I cease the treatment   ;D
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 11:45:44 PM by NewtronStar »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 129

anything