Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 129

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 567464 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #1035 on: November 25, 2015, 03:41:12 PM »

would be possible to show the user's ISP

It does show the user's ISP, but the user has to enable it first (it's in the options, under the graphs). You can see mine, for example.

[Edit] Sorry, I'm talking rubbish, which isn't unusual. I was thinking of the modem type when I posted that. :paperbag:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 04:22:43 PM by roseway »
  Eric

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1036 on: November 25, 2015, 04:03:10 PM »

would be possible to show the user's ISP

It does show the user's ISP, but the user has to enable it first (it's in the options, under the graphs). You can see mine, for example.

:hmm: Er, there is no restriction or option on displaying the user's ISP - it's always shown above the live graphs at far right of the graph panel itself. I think there might have been when we first started MDWS though...

@Ronski
Do you mean on the Latency graphs themselves, say above or below the thumbnail? Or just the large version as it would then fit alongside the User Name
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 05:03:14 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #1037 on: November 25, 2015, 04:23:59 PM »

I've corrected my nonsense.
  Eric

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1038 on: November 25, 2015, 04:26:14 PM »

I've corrected my nonsense.

from one  :oldman: to another  :oldman:

;)

I've also started saving a dated graph every day around midnight so there can be a historical option sometime...

« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 04:55:35 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1039 on: November 25, 2015, 05:41:16 PM »

The Latency facility now shows ISPs and later there will be a filter to select them out...
Tony
My Books!

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #1040 on: November 25, 2015, 06:46:00 PM »

That's it, and the filter will allow us to see just graphs for that ISP. Useful for seeing if something is affecting all users on a given ISP.  :thumbs:
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #1041 on: November 25, 2015, 09:28:09 PM »

I'll keep my ICMP ping turned off thankyou very much  :)

"Why is my graph completely red (showing 100% packet loss)?

This may be due to firewall settings or because your IP address has changed. If you have a firewall, ensure that it allows ICMP ping. You will also see 100% packet loss if the address we are monitoring is disconnected from the Internet. You can find out how to configure your router or firewall "

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #1042 on: November 26, 2015, 05:16:25 AM »

And your point is? Or are you hinting at the security implications?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 05:20:02 AM by Ronski »
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #1043 on: November 26, 2015, 08:11:28 AM »

Tony I am wondering if it might be an idea to alter the frequency of emails when uploads fail. Mine started last night after I had gone to bed and this morning I had 20+ emails about it. Perhaps you could adapt the frequency of emails according to how long uploads have failed for, so for the first hour you send 6, after that only sending maybe one per half hour for a couple of hours and the hourly if still has not restarted. If this happened while I was on holiday it could be days before I saw it and would flood my inbox on the server with emails.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1044 on: November 26, 2015, 08:36:32 AM »

Tony I am wondering if it might be an idea to alter the frequency of emails when uploads fail. Mine started last night after I had gone to bed and this morning I had 20+ emails about it. Perhaps you could adapt the frequency of emails according to how long uploads have failed for, so for the first hour you send 6, after that only sending maybe one per half hour for a couple of hours and the hourly if still has not restarted. If this happened while I was on holiday it could be days before I saw it and would flood my inbox on the server with emails.

Stuart

It's a lot easier if you set a longer repeat interval in the first place please to avoid this happening.... After all you get a resume message if it comes back before the next fail message was due. I may default it to an hour anyway to avoid this problem.
Tony
My Books!

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #1045 on: November 26, 2015, 09:06:57 AM »

It's a lot easier if you set a longer repeat interval in the first place please to avoid this happening.... After all you get a resume message if it comes back before the next fail message was due. I may default it to an hour anyway to avoid this problem.

To be honest I forgot it was an option  :( I will indeed do that.

Stuart

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #1046 on: November 26, 2015, 09:14:34 AM »

Tony, Would it be possible to have a 0 mins or Off option for the repeat which turns the repeat emails off?

I don't have the warnings enabled as the PC running HG612 modem stats is turned off over night and I don't want half a dozen or more emails telling me what I already know. I would like to be alerted if it fails during the day. A single email when it fails would be fine.
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1047 on: November 26, 2015, 10:25:22 AM »

Further changes to V2.0.3

1) There are now additional Configuration intervals for the repeat Upload Fail messages through to 24 hours to avoid too many messages if preferred. The repeats can also be turned Off completely if you want. You'll still get the initial message if the facility is enabled. If repeats are set to Off, you'll need to check the Notify after Uploads resume box if you want to know when the line comes back up.

2) All User Latency View - this now allows you to select the ISP so the graphs can be viewed for just one ISP (needs an F5 or whatever if already running to see the added list).

Note: The ISP list is only updated when the whole page refreshes (F5 or change Interval or Graph Size) and reflects all ISPs for all latency graphs in the system. Since not all users will allow a view of their latency graph, there may be no currently visible graphs for some ISPs...
Tony
My Books!

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #1048 on: November 26, 2015, 10:34:39 AM »

Just wondering about the fail emails some more. I had to turn the power off yesterday to do some work here which means ofcourse that there will be no uploads even though my laptop running DSLStats will still operate for an hour or so on battery but the router is off. Now currently this will trigger a fail email after my initial period (currently 15 mins). Is there any way DSLStats could tell MDWS that uploading has stopped deliberately? That way I could stop DSLStats trying to record for the duration of the outage, something I dont bother with right now. Just a thought.....

Stuart

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #1049 on: November 26, 2015, 10:35:45 AM »

!!!***!!! Tony - that was quick!

Thanks
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 129