Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 129

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 567255 times)

tbailey2

• Kitizen
Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #990 on: November 15, 2015, 04:20:38 PM »

This F5 button on the Keyboard will be worn out well before the left mouse button but if that's the consensus I can live with it  ;D

Why  :hmm:
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #991 on: November 15, 2015, 04:47:42 PM »

This F5 button on the Keyboard will be worn out well before the left mouse button but if that's the consensus I can live with it  ;D

I'll be using the F5 button on keyboard more as I switch on/off the ES totals

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #992 on: November 15, 2015, 05:16:59 PM »

I'll be using the F5 button on keyboard more as I switch on/off the ES totals

You only need to hit the Refresh button on the graph in question to reload that, NOT reload the whole page!

I do have it working automatically now locally.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 05:54:27 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #993 on: November 18, 2015, 10:34:10 AM »

V2.0.2 MINOR UPDATE

This is now available and will need an F5 or appropriate main page refresh/reload to fully implement.

It removes the need to Refresh any graphs manually after changing the checkbox options at the bottom of the window.

Any affected graphs currently visible will now refresh automatically within a second or so of changing any checkbox.

Also, Supporters now have the option of removing the display of much of the information normally shown at the bottom of the main page if wanted. There are two additional links available near the bottom of the main page. One will Show or Hide the list of currently active Users and Uploaders, the other does the same for the general information shown at the bottom of the main window. Both will refresh the whole window when changed.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 04:31:54 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #994 on: November 18, 2015, 06:02:10 PM »

Many thanks Tony it works very well  :)

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #995 on: November 20, 2015, 02:37:28 PM »

Latency Graphs Working Again  :)

This fixes the last remaining thing that had failed when the server crashed.

The small thumbnails that appear to the far right of the User Status display above the Wide graphs (only) will appear automatically if available - they can be up to 48 hours old after which they won't display. The date/time they were saved is available by hovering over the thumbnail image. Selecting shows the current full size image.

The larger thumbnail for your own graph is also available again at top right of the main page if enabled. If the graph you currently see has no time under it and/or cannot be selected to show the full size graph then you need to F5 (or as appropriate) the main page once to pick up the code changes. The thumbnail image autoupdates every 5 mins or so.

The attachment shows some examples.

This facility is set up via the Options link and you will need to specifically allow others to view your graph within the User Status display.

Please note that several users have specified speed results or other irrelevant image for the Latency facility. These will be deleted shortly. Also, if you are on a dynamic IP then you need to update the link when it changes otherwise you'll get some very strange results.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 05:58:34 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #996 on: November 22, 2015, 08:52:36 AM »

Is there a problem haven't  been able to login  since yesterday afternoon

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #997 on: November 22, 2015, 09:18:49 AM »

Working ok here, although I didn't need to login.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #998 on: November 22, 2015, 09:35:48 AM »

Also, if you are on a dynamic IP then you need to update the link when it changes otherwise you'll get some very strange results.

Could you not monitor the IP which is uploading the data and automatically disable the latency graph when you see a change?
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #999 on: November 22, 2015, 10:13:17 AM »

Also, if you are on a dynamic IP then you need to update the link when it changes otherwise you'll get some very strange results.

Could you not monitor the IP which is uploading the data and automatically disable the latency graph when you see a change?
Could TBB not fix their system to support dynamic IP's as there are quite a few around?
Mouselike.org supports them.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1000 on: November 22, 2015, 10:48:59 AM »

Is there a problem haven't  been able to login  since yesterday afternoon

You don't seem to have tried to logon since yesterday afternoon? Do you mean connect rather than logon although I can't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to.

Are you seeing any fail etc messages at all in your browser?
Tony
My Books!

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #1001 on: November 22, 2015, 10:53:56 AM »

I can't even get to the website just says failed to connect either from wired or a wireless device. Just tried my mobile on o2 that takes me straight in but no upload since about 12.30 yesterday.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1002 on: November 22, 2015, 10:56:19 AM »

Could TBB not fix their system to support dynamic IP's as there are quite a few around?
Mouselike.org supports them.

Bear in mind they are uploaded to and hosted by ThinkBroadBand, not MDWS. However, since they are pinging your modem then the IP will be the same as the upload IP.

Probably not a very worthwhile thing to do as there is no monitoring of IPs changing as such - and even if there was, there's no guarantee that the user hasn't immediately uploaded a new graph location so it gets complicated to handle (I'm on a dynamic IP on one of my lines and do the change automatically after a resync).

There is a facility coming up to view User's latency graphs in one window (like the AllUserStats window) but only if you have selected public visibility for your Latency Graph via the Options link. Currently 62 users have latency graphs registered but only 20 have made them publicly available.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 12:40:47 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1003 on: November 22, 2015, 10:59:40 AM »

I can't even get to the website just says failed to connect either from wired or a wireless device. Just tried my mobile on o2 that takes me straight in but no upload since about 12.30 yesterday.

Can you find out your IP address please and PM it to me?

http://whatismyipaddress.com/

You accessed the web site at 10:47 just now on an Android device but didn't seem to load much.... 
Tony
My Books!

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #1004 on: November 22, 2015, 11:05:45 AM »

Yeah that was my mobile. Just checked  the server and that has internet connection and  software running. OK Tony will do
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 129