Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 129

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 567317 times)

tbailey2

• Kitizen
Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #930 on: October 29, 2015, 07:23:33 PM »

Is it possible to request that the HiRes option is remembered in a future version?  Thanks

Yes but it would be set globally and via the Options popup.
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #931 on: October 29, 2015, 07:26:44 PM »

Tony -- A small request from The Cattery, please. Would it be possible for the selected "Graph Size" to persist?  :-\

On every occasion when I use your utility to view A.N.Other's statistics, the "Graph Size" has defaulted to "Standard" even though I had previously selected "Large".

I think that is just a display problem and it says 'Standard' when it's actually displaying the graphs in the size you last selected.

Anyway it's fixed now and should display the correct size. If, for some reason there is no size set (loss of the cookie holding the value) it defaults to Standard.

If it persists can you describe a sequence that reproduces it please?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 08:11:08 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

jimgb17

« Reply #932 on: October 30, 2015, 04:33:50 AM »

Thanks for the heads up Ton
i was using a old armhf device that was very slow unstable...

I am now using my centos linux server

need to the let the system read my line for some time i am getting very high numbers of ES for some reason and gent seem to find the cause maybe REIN Or Maybe RFI or heating or PIR light wish i had a VDSL test meter to Do live tests on the Line...

Are the Errors i am seeing anything to be worried about?
can you have a little look at my webstats thanks and let me know what you think :fingers:..
I just cant get my head around the errors/stats i am seeing ???

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #933 on: October 30, 2015, 08:14:34 AM »

Are the Errors i am seeing anything to be worried about?
can you have a little look at my webstats thanks and let me know what you think :fingers: ..
I just cant get my head around the errors/stats i am seeing ???

Don't get paranoid over these stats now you can see them  :silly: This facility seems to cause that problem when visible errors are involved.

There are others who can comment better than I can but I wouldn't be over worried about what you are seeing. The Dynamic Line Management system (DLM) will only take drastic action on your line when you hit 2880 ES/day - and you are running at 600/day at the moment which it will not worry about - although you only have 18 hours worth of data currently - so you could hit 800 at 24 hours.

After all you are synced at 80/20 - what more do you want and have quite a bit of overhead in hand to cope with problems (how full is your cab and how long have you had FTTC, you may not be seeing crosstalk yet though?).  Get rid of all the errors and you'll still be syncing at 80/20 after all  :shrug2:

I'll happily swap with you if you are really worried - but 34/5 isn't quite the same as you have currently....
Tony
My Books!

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #934 on: October 30, 2015, 10:40:53 AM »

Is it possible to request that the HiRes option is remembered in a future version?  Thanks

Yes but it would be set globally and via the Options popup.
Great same for "Show Total Averages" would be fantastic  

beardedwonder

« Reply #935 on: October 30, 2015, 12:09:18 PM »

Hi,

Would just like to say thanks, these stats have really helped me supply proof to my ISP that I have been experiencing problems. Am running the stats on a Rpi.

jimgb17

« Reply #936 on: October 30, 2015, 02:20:36 PM »

Thanks for the reply tom
I have had fttc from 25/sep
I see the Es/day are going up slowly
i see now a am now amber amber red.
Its good to know i's nothing to worry about ;D
I was The thirst one on the cab so don't think cross talk is an issue YET :-X
i will keep an eye on the Stats Its great be able to Monitor the stats the way your service provides
Thanks for the great service i will one day understand the errors a little more :graduate:

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #937 on: October 30, 2015, 03:44:37 PM »

i see now a am now amber amber red.

Actually you are Amber Green Green - the lights read horizontally just to be awkward, the others are for different profiles  that get stricter as you go down the set  :cool:
Tony
My Books!

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #938 on: October 30, 2015, 06:13:36 PM »

Anyway it's fixed now and should display the correct size. If, for some reason there is no size set (loss of the cookie holding the value) it defaults to Standard.

Thank you Tony. I'll see how it now behaves for me.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #939 on: October 31, 2015, 07:33:48 AM »

UPDATES

By popular demand, for V2 the check boxes that lose their settings can now be set persistently. They are:

HiRes SNRM Graphs
Totals/Averages for Errored Seconds Graphs
Show Resyncs on SNRM Graphs

The old checkboxes are still there but are now disabled, just showing the current settings which are now made via the Options menu instead.

Changes will take effect immediately and globally on the next graph refresh but the setting may not initially display correctly for the checkboxes unless you hit the green refresh button in a pane or F5 for a complete reload.

Usual caveats still apply for the results on each (see Help), especially having both Resyncs and HiRes enabled as with the former the latter will not work even if checked (unless there are no resyncs in the time period when it will work - sometimes!) or if the timeline display is not complete,

I'll see if I can move these settings to the bottom of the main window eventually rather than have them on options as this would be more convenient. Edit: I have done this now but as it involves a lot of knock-on changes, I'll leave it running here for a while to check there are no unexpected side-effects.

Enjoy  ;D

NB: Thanks for all the donations - quite inspiring  :drink:
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 12:16:21 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #940 on: October 31, 2015, 05:02:22 PM »

Thank you Tony. I'll see how it now behaves for me.

It now appears to be maintaining my selected pane size. So I'll say that is a job well-done.

Thank you.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #941 on: October 31, 2015, 05:16:46 PM »

Noticed a small bug with the show averages error seconds pane today , it seems greyed out so i cant select it to get the average error rate, also the data loading in each pane is maybe a little slower than it was earlier in the week ,using latest version of ff btw
Just found the new check box in options to enable it, though i didn't have any issues with  the way it was i have got used to ticking the check box if i wanted to see the average /total error second count, the slow loading of the data  seems to be limited to the initial or full page reload
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 05:22:44 PM by tommy45 »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #942 on: October 31, 2015, 06:57:30 PM »

The wee RPi just stopped uploading to MDWS and unable to connect to modem/router on Dslstats at 16:50 the only way to get it working again was to reboot the RPi very odd but it's uploading again.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #943 on: October 31, 2015, 11:11:54 PM »

I went back 120 days on MDWS it says waiting i take it our history is unsalvageable since the server crash ?

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #944 on: October 31, 2015, 11:34:28 PM »

I went back 120 days on MDWS it says waiting i take it our history is unsalvageable since the server crash ?

No, database is all still there from the daily backups - mind you you did ask me to delete your account  :D

Works fine here on SNRM at 120 days and back 360 days as well...

I would guess you just had a timeout somewhere en-route as the server came back with 250ms to get the data out on its way to you for that query.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 06:54:20 AM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 129

anything